CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #4 - LWOP

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If those people standing were observers they would have been asked to leave by now. This judge doesn't tolerate any disrespect in his courtroom. I'm sure they are police officers put in place to protect the attorneys and jury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simply put we are in a new era. The anti-DP folks have won the debate in this country.

That being said, I do believe he would have got death had he not had a severe and diagnosed psychotic mental illness.

He looked up and studied what mental illness he wanted to use as a defense....he's a good actor.....and, will be laughing all the way to prison. Party time for Jimmy!!!!

I didn't know which way it would go. I felt the defense closing was strong, so perhaps it did affect some of the jury.

There is nothing that can be done to JH to undo what he did. Even if the families of the victims were allowed to stone him to death, it would not decrease their pain and suffering.

MOO is that LWOP is better for the families as they won't be dragged through appeals and the ups-and-downs of wondering when/if he will ever be put to death.

This does not set an example to copy cat murderers.

Then frankly I don't even see how him getting the DP would even make a difference. They weren't going to execute him anyway. And he isn't exactly playing with a full deck.

He would have had LESS privileges than LWOP.

I was expecting this. I have lots of relatives in CO and it is a very 'compassionate' state. I didn't think they were going to vote the DP for someone with a valid diagnosis of schizophrenia. I am not at all surprised that he got Life. I was there for my nieces wedding last month, and asked around about this case. And most locals seemed to think he was a nutcase and should be in a hospital forever. So I am not surprised at all he did not get the DP/ I am actually surprised he got the GUILTY verdict so I am relieved at that anyway.

I am not surprised by the guilty verdict, and I am actually surprised they spared his life. Grateful, as I vehemently oppose the DP, but surprised.

Aug 24-25-25 for Sentencing with Impact Statements.

It's quite apparent that Brauchler is devastated!! :-(((

I was expecting this. I have lots of relatives in CO and it is a very 'compassionate' state. I didn't think they were going to vote the DP for someone with a valid diagnosis of schizophrenia. I am not at all surprised that he got Life. I was there for my nieces wedding last month, and asked around about this case. And most locals seemed to think he was a nutcase and should be in a hospital forever. So I am not surprised at all he did not get the DP/ I am actually surprised he got the GUILTY verdict so I am relieved at that anyway.

Compassion for the killer of a 6 yr. old?? Just another reason why we no longer vacation in Colorado....

IMOO, this gives future mass murderers, who are not killed at the scene, will let them know they can claim insanity and not get a death sentence. It's ok to give other people a death sentence, but not the person who decided to give out death sentences to others. MOO

He looked up and studied what mental illness he wanted to use as a defense....he's a good actor.....and, will be laughing all the way to prison. Party time for Jimmy!!!!

Nah have to disagree on that one. All the experts UNANIMOUSLY agreed he suffered a severe mental illness and was not faking it. Got to trust the experts here.

He wanted life in prison remember on the dating sites he asked "will you come visit me in prison" well now that he got LWOP he can NOW get those visits. If DP he wouldn't have. He got what he wanted.

@larryryckman: Judge sets formal sentencing for Aug. 24-26. Victims and families will have another chance to address court, as does JH. #theatershooting

Can't take the six year old again. Precious child

Nah have to disagree on that one. All the experts UNANIMOUSLY agreed he suffered a severe mental illness and was not faking it. Got to trust the experts here.

The "experts" couldn't even agree on what mental illness he had.

I would love to know who were the holdouts!! IF it just one..I would have to believe there was a stealth juror in there...

@larryryckman: Deputies are preventing reporters from going to the parking lot at the rear of the #theatershooting courthouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members