CO - Jessica Hernandez, 17, killed by police after LEO struck by stolen car

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
By wow I meant wow. A lot of information about the night before and that morning. Wow she was more of a criminal than I thought. WOW the letter painted a perfect picture of how little room that cop had to move.
And I also found it interesting that the eye witness statement matches the cops' exactly and the physical evidence.

I also found it interesting that everything happened within 2 minutes. And that EMS was called immediately.

WOW

JMO

By wow I meant wow. A lot of information about the night before and that morning. Wow she was more of a criminal than I thought. WOW the letter painted a perfect picture of how little room that cop had to move.
And I also found it interesting that the eye witness statement matches the cops' exactly and the physical evidence.

I also found it interesting that everything happened within 2 minutes. And that EMS was called immediately.

WOW

JMO

Second-degree murder is a much more serious crime than auto-theft, and these officers were very lucky to have the DA, the DPD, and the media cover for them. If the evidence presented in the decision letter actually does exonerate these officers, the city will have no concern about letting the civil case go to a jury. Somehow, I don't think that's going to happen.

And was the car pointing towards others? Innocent citizens? Pedestrians on the side of the road?
Can you tell me no one else would have been killed that day had they not stopped her erratic, illegal, dangerous actions? How many innocent people would have been in her path during a chase?

If she's willing to drive a car towards armed officers, what makes you think a mom pushing a baby on the next block or a little old lady crossing the street would have made her even tap her brakes?
IMO the public was in extreme danger every second JH was out stealing, eluding, drinking, smoking pot...
JMO

I am really not certain how to interpret the above. Are you suggesting that police officers should kill people prophylactically? If so, that doesn't put you in very good company.

I am really not certain how to interpret the above. Are you suggesting that police officers should kill people prophylactically? If so, that doesn't put you in very good company.

I never SAID or SUGGESTED that. I was making an observation of the danger JH was to society. I think police should kill people who are trying to kill them. I believe JH was.

JMO

Second-degree murder is a much more serious crime than auto-theft, and these officers were very lucky to have the DA, the DPD, and the media cover for them. If the evidence presented in the decision letter actually does exonerate these officers, the city will have no concern about letting the civil case go to a jury. Somehow, I don't think that's going to happen.

And justifiable homicide is not a crime at all.
You say the officers were lucky, I say the system is working like it should.

We obviously disagree with one another and that's totally fine.

JMO

According to this article, one of the people who investigated the Hernandez shooting has said that the killing of 12 year old Tamir Rice was "reasonable".
The man who penned one of the two reports that concluded the Cleveland police shooting death of 12-year-old Tamir Rice was "reasonable," also helped with an investigation earlier this year that cleared a Denver police officer of killing a 17-year-old girl.

According to this article, one of the people who investigated the Hernandez shooting has said that the killing of 12 year old Tamir Rice was "reasonable".

They liked the way he cleared the Denver cops, so they brought him to Cleveland to get their cops off the hook, the same way. Just picking the cherries. It shows that there is nothing independent about these investigations. They have already decided right from the start that the cop did nothing wrong. It's just a big PR stunt to come up with a report to make it look as good as possible for the cops, so that hopefully there won't be a riot, after they let the cops go scot-free.

They liked the way he cleared the Denver cops, so they brought him to Cleveland to get their cops off the hook, the same way. Just picking the cherries. It shows that there is nothing independent about these investigations. They have already decided right from the start that the cop did nothing wrong. It's just a big PR stunt to come up with a report to make it look as good as possible for the cops, so that hopefully there won't be a riot, after they let the cops go scot-free.

Even more diabolical. They used a person of color to make the report.

Even more diabolical. They used a person of color to make the report.

Excuse me? I happen to be a person of color-warm toasty brown. It sort of sounds like folks of color are expected, IYO, to side with criminals when they are also minorities. Reverse racism at it's finest. In both of these cases I would side with law enforcement. Perchance it would have been more "diabolical" for them to find people with criminal histories to back the cops? That would show "em. LOL!

Excuse me? I happen to be a person of color-warm toasty brown. It sort of sounds like folks of color are expected, IYO, to side with criminals when they are also minorities. Reverse racism at it's finest. In both of these cases I would side with law enforcement. Perchance it would have been more "diabolical" for them to find people with criminal histories to back the cops? That would show "em. LOL!

Not in my opinion. I was suggesting that the prosecutor chose a person of color because it would make his report more credible in his opinion.

A year on from the murder, and the video still hasn't been released. This Denver activist claims to have had an email exchange with Mary Dulacki, the records coordinator of the Denver Safety Department, in which he inquires about the existence of video in the Jessica Hernandez case. She is remarkably evasive, at first willfully misinterpreting the inquiry as a request for dash-cam video of the shooting itself. She finally admits that she has the post-shooting video, but claims its release would damage "the integrity of the investigation". Investigation! After a year there is an internal affairs investigation still ongoing! What on Earth are they investigating? What on Earth does the video contain that they are prepared to go to such lengths to conceal it? And why does no-one but the City have a copy of the video? The video was taken on a private cellphone which would have retained a copy in memory, and it would seem that multiple copies of the video were subsequently made. Did the DPD illegally force people to delete it? They have done this before. In this case a DPD officer tripped a pregnant women, then stole an Ipad that contained video of his assault and erased it. A witness on the site of the Hernandez shooting states she saw a police officer dragging the wounded victim "like she was nothing". As in the Laquan Mcdonald affair, multiple careers might be at stake here, and I suspect that the city is intending to never release the video.

City of Denver to pay close to $1 million to Jessica Hernandez's family for fatal shooting

The city of Denver will pay the family of a 17-year-old girl fatally shot by police nearly $1 million as part of a settlement.

As part of the settlement, the city has agreed to additional non-monetary stipulations, including forbidding police from releasing the criminal background of suspects involved in an officer-involved shooting.

A Hernandez family representative will also sit on a committee advising police on use-of-force policy.

jessicanhernandez_1424660442191_13705579_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

http://media.thedenverchannel.com/p...dez_1424660442191_13705579_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

The million dollar price tag seems to be substantially reduced compared to other cases - seems to me five million was the going rate up until last year when US LE kills a family member. Wonder what changed. Tax payers are tapped out? Families are more forgiving?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit
Back