CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like this was a long stretch of road, no street lights, very cold night. The perp could probably see if another car was coming along for some distance.

In the photo I posted, I thought it looked like the photographer in the depression near the tree. I suspect that there was evidence there. The "not intact" part could have happened at the location ... in which case she was most likely alive until that time. That also leaves the possibility that she was adducted and assaulted in a vehicle - similar to the case with the Cody, WY victim. Friday night, after dark, she was probably taken to that location. The perp probably cleaned everything up during the might, slept during the day, and left the backpack in a different neighborhood just before he hit the road.

If this first winter storm was at, or below freezing, no one would want to be outside at night ... unless they were used to working outside in colder weather ... like a transient construction worker.

Have a lot of people in the Westminster area had their rooves replaced through insurance (hail storm June)?

To the first part, exactly. As far as roof replacements, I'm not entirely sure but I wouldn't doubt it. That hailstorm brought down at least one tornado in my area, and lots of car lots are still holding "hail sales", so the possibility of roof repairs in Westminster and Arvada is a good one - especially considering they are located on the eastern side of Denver and are more prone to severe weather as far as thunder/hail/tornadoes.

Latest from Colorado dated 15 Oct -

The El Paso County Sheriff's Office says they contacted police in Cody, Wyoming. They say from their investigation so far they do not think Jesse Speer is connected to other kidnapping or attempted kidnapping cases here in Southern Colorado but they're still looking into it.

Doesn't sound like anyone's been "eliminated" yet, in the eyes of this Police Department at least.

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/...r-Has-Ties-to-Colorado-Springs-174307471.html

Regarding the assumption that because Jessica may have been found near a tree, she must have been visible and displayed. I completely disagree with this. Flowers were left at the base of a tree, but that does not mean that she was found at that spot. Here, we can see that there is a depression in the ground near the tree.

Ridgeway_Tree2.jpg

What is inside the circled part of this photo? Is that the depression you are talking about?

First post, hopefully I did this correctly. Forgive me if I am repeating other's statements.

I was thinking about Peter's comment on a construction worker option. Many of us in the Denver metro area had significant hail damage early this summer and have been hounded by roofing contractors the entire summer. Many of these roofing contractors are from out of state and many have criminal records for insurance frauds and other offenses. They typically drive company trucks and vans and have construction equipment to cut shingles, etc. Their MO is to go door to door during the day meeting homeowners, getting to know them, inspecting your roof and hanging around the neighborhood. We had several companies in our neighborhood this summer. Several of the guys I knew from sight after seeing them for three months. It could be possible that JR had roofing contractors in her neighborhood this summer and a person would become a familiar face. Given they knock on doors all day someone could have easily figured out the habits of her household and her daily school route. They would have also understood the local geography and streets.

Just a thought...

Off to bed for now - nice meeting y'all. Hoping for more clues come tomorrow!

I typed " Jessica Ridgeway body found" into google search then clicked images.
About 20-30 rows down is a pic of my dog. It is my avatar. What? How did that show up there?

Just looked again and notice that there are several avatars there that I recognize..3 or 4. So I guess they show up on google because we have posted about it.

Are there many animals prowling about?

It doesn't look like it would be a good spot for say, a bear, due to the lack of vegetation.

But what do I know? We have kangaroos and they are vegetarians.

Locals, is there likely to be a sizeable four legged predator around there?

:dunno:

Loooots of coyotes around. That was my first thought, coyotes scattered, but I would think LE would mention to the public to ease our minds if it was animal scattering.

I keep wondering about individuals who have killed animals in the past. I found three different individuals who lived within three miles of Jessica, and each has been charged with animal cruelty for attempting to kill an animal. One lived three miles south of Jessica and four miles southeast of the area where her body was discovered. I also found a 1998 case where two dogs were found decapitated in a field in Broomfield.

I keep wondering about individuals who have killed animals in the past. I found three different individuals who lived within three miles of Jessica, and each has been charged with animal cruelty for attempting to kill an animal. One lived three miles south of Jessica and four miles southeast of the area where her body was discovered.

IMO, you might be on to something.
Can you tell in any of these are also rso's?

What is inside the circled part of this photo? Is that the depression you are talking about?

Yes. There's a depression in the ground at the end of the fallen tree. There appears to be a man wearing a trench coat standing in that area. Perhaps I'm halucinating ... seeing what I want to see ... what do you think?

First post, hopefully I did this correctly. Forgive me if I am repeating other's statements.

I was thinking about Peter's comment on a construction worker option. Many of us in the Denver metro area had significant hail damage early this summer and have been hounded by roofing contractors the entire summer. Many of these roofing contractors are from out of state and many have criminal records for insurance frauds and other offenses. They typically drive company trucks and vans and have construction equipment to cut shingles, etc. Their MO is to go door to door during the day meeting homeowners, getting to know them, inspecting your roof and hanging around the neighborhood. We had several companies in our neighborhood this summer. Several of the guys I knew from sight after seeing them for three months. It could be possible that JR had roofing contractors in her neighborhood this summer and a person would become a familiar face. Given they knock on doors all day someone could have easily figured out the habits of her household and her daily school route. They would have also understood the local geography and streets.

Just a thought...

Good thoughts, jpcolorado!

And, :Welcome1: to Websleuths!

Just a thought...

That's what I'm wondering too ... whether there's a roofer/construction guy moving from small town to small town, looking for work and living out of his vehicle. Perhaps Jessica was lured by a stranger talking about a puppy, and perhaps he was a familiar face ... the same questions were asked in the Lyric and Elizabeth disappearance.

In case others are just dropping in, here is a link to Peter's profile, that several folks keep referring to without quoting. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8460599&postcount=725"]Post 725[/ame].

It took me an embarrassing amount of time hunting it down. :ashamed:

Loooots of coyotes around. That was my first thought, but I would think LE would mention to the public to ease our minds if it was animal scattering.

Coyotes in a depression near a tree a few feet from the highway would draw some attention, but most people would stay clear. Exposed and not intact, as she was, on a cold fall night, I doubt she would have lasted long if there are animals.

Yes. There's a depression in the ground at the end of the fallen tree. There appears to be a man wearing a trench coat standing in that area. Perhaps I'm halucinating ... seeing what I want to see ... what do you think?

It does look like a person, but I was also wondering if it was just that one of the investigators had removed a coat and hung it on the branches out of the way.

Well, to me, it looks like an enormous peanut and a paper grocery bag.
But I would guess it is a person in the downed tree, wearing a trench coat that is blowing in the wind a bit.

The video I saw was actual raw footage taken by the channel 9 helicopter that night. It is not a spoof. Someone must have recorded it when it accidentally aired live, and then placed it online. Or perhaps someone who works at Channel 9 posted it. (I think it must be the later, since I think it is more than what showed live on TV that night. There is even a zoomed in version.)

Jamie - please pm me the link and I'll take a look at it and discuss it with the other mods.

Thanks so much. I know there are several videos flying around and that some are just not the kind of material that is used here, but generally a MSM production would be allowed.

Thanks,

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members