CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if the perp did go under the barb wire fence or over or between the fence....if it were dark....he may have gotten some cuts on his hands or arms....maybe LE should be telling people to look for that type of thing....cuts or scratches on his arms or hands? JMO

Possibly, if he is an indoors type of person. If he is outdoorsy, hunter, etc like some people have speculated then I really don't think so. I grew up on a farm and went through many a barbed wire fence. it's pretty easy not to get scratched, especially a fence that loose. However if you're concentrating on hiding a body and not getting caught them maybe he wasn't concentrating fully on the fence and it could have happened. Goodness I hope so, maybe they have some DNA!!! There were media reports he went under the fence, so how wound they know that??

While fear usually makes people more aware, Bouchard says it can also work against an investigation.
"Fear tends to make people stay indoors, in some cases, and become sheltered so they're not normally out and normally wouldn't see the things that they'd see on a day-to-day basis," Bouchard said.
Investigators in the Ridgeway case have said they won't be frequently commenting on developments in the hunt for Jessica's killer. Bouchard said this is done by design, because investigators know the killer could be watching news coverage.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/natio...es-with-dc-sniper-investigation#ixzz29axpmdev

No. He was just the best looking, lol. The Green River Killer, Gary Ridgeway, was just a quiet working, married man. No weirdness, mousy really.
. . .

Since we are thinking that Jessica's killer may be the type to "send messages" through things like street names, leaving evidence near the site of a notorious child murder, and so forth, I wonder if there is any meaning to the fact that his victim's last name was the same as this serial killer.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/294842/188/Boy-14-reports-attempted-abduction-in-Jeffco

14yr old boy reports male in dark blue/black car attempted to abduct him, he ran and male gave chase and grabbed him to pull him back to the car but the teen escaped.

WTF is wrong with people...so many more reports...is it copy cats, stupid people, misunderstandings (guy from this weekend said misunderstanding when questioned by cops) ugh :banghead:

Since we are thinking that Jessica's killer may be the type to "send messages" through things like street names, leaving evidence near the site of a notorious child murder, and so forth, I wonder if there is any meaning to the fact that his victim's last name was the same as this serial killer.

(I deleted that post due to the name, and I forgot if he was married for sure or not, he was married just checked the facts.)

Yes, I think it is very possible that this was a message(s) from a twisted mind.

How far is Jeff Co..from where we are here?

Parts of Westminster/Arvada are in Jefferson County...looks like this was in the city of Littleton..and I mapped it out it is about 30miles from where JR was abducted.

IMO, this perp wasn't using power tools for much of anything. If he was in a neighborhood, the noise could have drawn neighbor attention/complaints. In light of what he may have been discovered doing, I don't think he would have risked bringing anyone to his door to inquire.

With a husband that was a handyman and three sons we always had some kind of sawing, sanding and everything else going on in our garage or backyard, even in the evenings. Seems most of the men in our neighborhood did the same thing. Not odd to me.

Jefferson County school district is the largest school district in Colorado. It includes Witt Elementary where Jessica attended. It runs along the west side of the metro area and into the foothills of the mountains.

And among other areas, includes Westminster, Arvada, Golden, Wheat Ridge, Lakewood, Littleton, Edgewater...

Possibly, if he is an indoors type of person. If he is outdoorsy, hunter, etc like some people have speculated then I really don't think so. I grew up on a farm and went through many a barbed wire fence. it's pretty easy not to get scratched, especially a fence that loose. However if you're concentrating on hiding a body and not getting caught them maybe he wasn't concentrating fully on the fence and it could have happened. Goodness I hope so, maybe they have some DNA!!! There were media reports he went under the fence, so how wound they know that??

Good point ... anyone that has spent any time in the country does not snag themselves or anything else on barbed wire.

Littleton, where the attempt involving the teen boy took place, is also in Jeffco, but way at the south end. Jessica lived at the far north end. It's probably a 45-minute drive down to where that attempt took place, if not more.

Multiple instances of recent murderers who "dismembered" their victims without power tools though. Zahra Baker is the first to come to mind. Step-mother managed to do that in the family bathtub with no apparent problems, dumped the body parts and cleaned up all the evidence within a few hours.

Don't get me wrong, as I said I didn't know what was used, but of course hand tools could be used. What I was trying to say was that hunters usually don't dismember their kill in the field. They just do the basics and if they're like the ones I know they take the kill to the prosessor for the rest, lol

I would be surprised if someone was abducting children exactly in the same area where Jessica was kidnapped ... everyone is on high alert ... making it that much easier to get caught.

Wonder if LE ever found the perp driving a blue car (somewhere in the greater Denver area) whose photo was taken, sitting in his car, by the mother of a boy who this guy attempted to abduct.

They did. It was a lovesick 18-year-old who'd been dumped and was trying to get the boy to knock on his ex-girlfriend's house.

He turned himself in to police after seeing his car on the news.

I would be surprised if someone was abducting children exactly in the same area where Jessica was kidnapped ... everyone is on high alert ... making it that much easier to get caught.

I was just thinking the same thing. I guess these people don't have the same thought processes normal folks do though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kr1230