CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a bit O/T but I thought it was too sweet not to share...My daughter wrote this letter to Jessica last night. I try to shield her from this stuff, but in this case it was pretty much unavoidable, especially since she happened to be in the same room with me when they announced a body had been found and she saw me burst into tears. She doesn't know the details of course, but she knows that a bad person took Jessica, and that she is in heaven now. We talked about ways she could stay safe, and practiced what to do if anyone tried to take her.

She said she wanted to write a letter to Jessica, and send it to heaven. So tomorrow we are going to tie this to a balloon and send it off.

To translate 5 year old speak:

Dear Jessica,

We are very sad that you are not here anymore. I hope you are making friends with my hamster-He will love you and we love you too.

Love,

_____

P.S. My hamsters name is Leny

(Leny is her hamster who died a couple years ago-she said Jessica could have him. The little picture she drew in the top right-hand corner is both of them as angels. :heartbeat:)

Oh gosh, that made me cry! How sweet! It reminds me of the time my little cousin wrote my father (her great Uncle Jack) a note and put it in his coffin when he passed almost 20 yrs. ago from Lou Gehrig's disease at the age of 53. :*(

SapphireSteel it's not far fetched, they did it in the BTK case (not sure if it was FBI but it was profilers):

http://karisable.com/skazbtk.htm

quote:

"The police flashed a subliminal message created by profilers on KAKE-TV evening news. The subliminal message appeared as a flash of light but said, “Now call the chief.” There was no response."

Instances of subliminal messages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 1978, Wichita, Kansas television station KAKE-TV received special permission from the police to place a subliminal message in a report on the BTK Killer (Bind, Torture, Kill) in an effort to get him to turn himself in. The subliminal message included the text "Now call the chief", as well as a pair of glasses. The glasses were included because when BTK murdered Nancy Fox, there was a pair of glasses lying upside down on her dresser; police felt that seeing the glasses might stir up remorse in the killer. The attempt was unsuccessful, and police reported no increased volume of calls afterward.

Wow! That's really interesting to learn!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This is a bit O/T but I thought it was too sweet not to share...My daughter wrote this letter to Jessica last night. I try to shield her from this stuff, but in this case it was pretty much unavoidable, especially since she happened to be in the same room with me when they announced a body had been found and she saw me burst into tears. She doesn't know the details of course, but she knows that a bad person took Jessica, and that she is in heaven now. We talked about ways she could stay safe, and practiced what to do if anyone tried to take her.

She said she wanted to write a letter to Jessica, and send it to heaven. So tomorrow we are going to tie this to a balloon and send it off.

Dear Jessica,

We are very sad that you are not here anymore. I hope you are making friends with my hamster-He will love you and we love you too.

Love,

_____

(Leny is her hamster who died a couple years ago-she said Jessica could have him. The little picture she drew in the top right-hand corner is both of them as angels. :heartbeat:)

After a really bad day, that warmed my heart!:heartbeat:

Dear Jessica,

Love,

_____

Such a sweet tribute. Your daughter has a kind heart.

Leny from Wonder Pets?

In this article from 10/11 the reporter says the perp went under the fence.

http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=294021

The person chose an isolated area, crossed under the barbed wire fence at a drainage culvert, and left the body on a hillside.

What I'm wondering is how anyone could say whether a person crossed over, under, or through the fence ... unless there was a piece of the black trash bag snagged on the bottom wire of the fence. Additionally, if it can be said that the bag went under the fence, how can it be concluded that a person took something under the fence ... why not an animal?

SapphireSteel it's not far fetched, they did it in the BTK case (not sure if it was FBI but it was profilers):

quote:

"The police flashed a subliminal message created by profilers on KAKE-TV evening news. The subliminal message appeared as a flash of light but said, “Now call the chief.” There was no response."

In 1978, Wichita, Kansas television station KAKE-TV received special permission from the police to place a subliminal message in a report on the BTK Killer (Bind, Torture, Kill) in an effort to get him to turn himself in. The subliminal message included the text "Now call the chief", as well as a pair of glasses. The glasses were included because when BTK murdered Nancy Fox, there was a pair of glasses lying upside down on her dresser; police felt that seeing the glasses might stir up remorse in the killer. The attempt was unsuccessful, and police reported no increased volume of calls afterward.

It failed.

How likely are they to repeat a failed experiment, tying up valuable resources to do so, when time is of the essence?

Not very.

:cow:

quote:

Seems, the subliminal didn't work on BTK; Dennis Rader.. Lessons learned.. BTK, came out of dormancy when 'The Sexual Thrill Is My Bill'; a proposed book titled "The BTK Story," which mimicked a story written in 1999 by Court TV (now truTV) crime writer; David Lohr. Chapter One was titled, "A Serial Killer Is Born. BTK, wanted to insure that his story was written accurately..
Notoriety, seems to be included in most serial killer's bucket list..

Malignant psychopaths possess no human emotions; empathy, conscience, and show no remorse... They are analogous to a mountain lion.. stalk their prey, attack them, return them to their den, and perform rituals before devouring them...
Victims are only objects for fulfilling their needs and desires. After a brief respite, their hunting cycle begins again..

Do Coyotes have nests or dens where they might take the remains?

Fox are more likely to bring food back to their dens. Coyotes are more likely to eat on the spot.

A coyote queen who has young that are old enough to start eating solid food usually doesn't bring whole food back, she fills up and then regurgitates for the young.

By the time the youngsters are ready to start eating prey, they are old enough to follow her on the hunt or to go to her when she calls them.

What I'm wondering is how anyone could say whether a person crossed over, under, or through the fence ... unless there was a piece of the black trash bag snagged on the bottom wire of the fence. Additionally, if it can be said that the bag went under the fence, how can it be concluded that a person took something under the fence ... why not an animal?

I really don't know if we can trust the reporters statement about "under the fence", after we've seen so many other inaccurate reports. As you said, even if the bag (if the body was ever in one) was snagged on the fence it could have been moved a short distance by an animal.

I received this letter in an email today. I haven't heard anything on the local news about it yet. FYI, Falcon Bluffs MS is in south Jeffco. Westminster is north Jeffco. I bolded the description because it seems to be a familiar one from some of the Arvada cases?

October 17, 2012

Dear XXXXXX Elementary parents/guardians,

I want to make our school community aware of an incident that happened Monday, near Falcon Bluffs Middle School, in the 8200 block of W. Toller Ave.

A student reported that as he neared Falcon Bluffs Middle School he observed a dark blue or black sedan following him. The male that was driving the vehicle stopped the car and yelled at the student, who then ran away. The man ran after him and caught him, but the student managed to get away. The man is described as a white male, 35 - 40 years of age, 200-plus pounds with medium salt and pepper hair.This incident has been reported to the Jeffco Sheriff’s Office and school district security. We will continue to make you aware of any reports we know about.

We want you to know that student safety is always our top priority. Reinforce safe behaviors with your child and tell them to always be aware of their surroundings.

If a stranger approaches your child, whether it is at school or outside of school, be sure that your child knows what to do: yell or shout, run away and immediately tell an adult. Stress to your child the importance of going straight to school and coming home immediately after dismissal, or leaving the bus stop. Scholastic’s website offers more tips on talking to your child about stranger danger. http://www.scholastic.com/resources/article/talking-about-stranger-safety

Remind your child that if he/she sees anything suspicious activity around the neighborhood or school, they need to immediately contact the police department and notify the school.

I know that together, we can help protect the safety of our children. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to call me at XXXXXXXXX.

Sincerely,
XXXXXXXX, Principal

In this article from 10/11 the reporter says the perp went under the fence.

http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=294021

The person chose an isolated area, crossed under the barbed wire fence at a drainage culvert, and left the body on a hillside.
At this point, though, I have to wonder if that is a LE confirmed fact, or that the news saw where the body was picked up from and extrapolated what they though happened. That was a barbed wired fence (I have seen close up pictures of it since), and the bottom wire was no more than 12 inches from the ground (looked more like 8). However, some of the wires might have been down or cut or pushed up. If the wires were intact (sorry for the use of the word), no one would have crawled under it when they could toss over it, but if they weren't all in place, well...why crawl under it when you can toss over it? Unless you could just stoop and get through (like maybe only the top two wires were still in place.

I have crawled over, under, through many barbed wire fences, not many with five wires (most only 3, because to keep cows in, you only need 3), and it's difficult not to get caught on the barbs or cut when you are alone (another person to hold the wires apart is handy.) I cannot see carrying something and not getting caught, so why would anyone do that? (I'm open to suggestions-I got nothing)

Its a good question. I need to try and get a better look at photos of the drainage ditch, but wondering if maybe the fence stayed up real high as it crossed over the creek/pipe area. Sometimes when barb wire is run, there are low points like creeks where the fence stays level with both the other sides and therefore it causes a huge gap underneath the fence right at the creek bottom part. Kind of like this if this comes out right, with the "v" being the creek bottom
-------V----------

If it was like this, a person could easily just walk under the fence.

I do wish LE and reporters would be very clear about these types of details.

At this point, though, I have to wonder if that is a LE confirmed fact, or that the news saw where the body was picked up from and extrapolated what they though happened. That was a barbed wired fence (I have seen close up pictures of it since), and the bottom wire was no more than 12 inches from the ground (looked more like 8). However, some of the wires might have been down or cut or pushed up. If the wires were intact (sorry for the use of the word), no one would have crawled under it when they could toss over it, but if they weren't all in place, well...why crawl under it when you can toss over it? Unless you could just stoop and get through (like maybe only the top two wires were still in place.

I have crawled over, under, through many barbed wire fences, not many with five wires (most only 3, because to keep cows in, you only need 3), and it's difficult not to get caught on the barbs or cut when you are alone (another person to hold the wires apart is handy.) I cannot see carrying something and not getting caught, so why would anyone do that? (I'm open to suggestions-I got nothing)

Just a thought--LE didn't remove any of the fence did they? If there was evidence on the fence wouldn't they have taken it.

I agree about not knowing if anyone in LE said the perp went under the fence, all we have is a reporter's statement.

maybe a piece of his jacket? his blood?

Dear Jessica,

Love,

_____

That is just beautiful.

Seems, the subliminal didn't work on BTK; Dennis Rader.. Lessons learned..
Malignant psychopaths possess no human emotions; empathy, conscience, and show no remorse... They are analogous to a mountain lion.. stalk their prey, attack them, return them to their den, and perform rituals before devouring them...
Victims are only objects for fulfilling their needs and desires. After a brief respite, their hunting cycle begins again..
Or he wasn't watching when the subliminal message was shown. They used to use subliminal messages in advertising, but I don't know if it really made people buy more popcorn at the movies or anything. Something to look up...

I received this letter in an email today. I haven't heard anything on the local news about it yet. FYI, Falcon Bluffs MS is in south Jeffco. Westminster is north Jeffco. I bolded the description because it seems to be a familiar one from some of the Arvada cases?

October 17, 2012

Dear XXXXXX Elementary parents/guardians,

I want to make our school community aware of an incident that happened Monday, near Falcon Bluffs Middle School, in the 8200 block of W. Toller Ave.

A student reported that as he neared Falcon Bluffs Middle School he observed a dark blue or black sedan following him. The male that was driving the vehicle stopped the car and yelled at the student, who then ran away. The man ran after him and caught him, but the student managed to get away. The man is described as a white male, 35 - 40 years of age, 200-plus pounds with medium salt and pepper hair.This incident has been reported to the Jeffco Sheriff’s Office and school district security. We will continue to make you aware of any reports we know about.

We want you to know that student safety is always our top priority. Reinforce safe behaviors with your child and tell them to always be aware of their surroundings.

If a stranger approaches your child, whether it is at school or outside of school, be sure that your child knows what to do: yell or shout, run away and immediately tell an adult. Stress to your child the importance of going straight to school and coming home immediately after dismissal, or leaving the bus stop. Scholastic’s website offers more tips on talking to your child about stranger danger. http://www.scholastic.com/resources/article/talking-about-stranger-safety

Remind your child that if he/she sees anything suspicious activity around the neighborhood or school, they need to immediately contact the police department and notify the school.

I know that together, we can help protect the safety of our children. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to call me at XXXXXXXXX.

Sincerely,
XXXXXXXX, Principal

Thanks for the post!

It is making its rounds on the local news-here is one report

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_21794096/

Drag marks through the vegetation under the grass would be one way of indicating that something went under the fence.

Just a thought--LE didn't remove any of the fence did they? If there was evidence on the fence wouldn't they have taken it.

I agree about not knowing if anyone in LE said the perp went under the fence, all we have is a reporter's statement.
Good point. Duh for me. They could have taken some of the wire and replaced it, that might be why all five strands were in place in the picture I saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman