CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought the bottom one was of his current mug shot im assuming it is in the ad he had posted online he did mention a beard i just wonder if he has recently shaved a beard?? altering his looks... i cant tell when he posted the ad though
http://www.adsinusa.com/c/3715/3715o2449.htm

I realize that LE is saying the two incidents don't seem to be connected at this time. But was candy man really giving out any candy or just saying he had some as a lure? Why would someone have potassium cyanide??.....it's highly toxic = poison?? Smells like almonds?? All just MOO :(

Theory (and so far I doubt a connection to Jessica, and not even sure we're allowed to be spinning this topic off): killed Mom w/cyanide, then dismembered, got caught on way to hide body? Who knows. Guy is obviously whack, though. No one should look that happy in a mugshot.

A few pages upthread, posters were asking if others could remembers how a blue car was recently in the news in connection with some of these attempted abductions. . . .and

People magazine -- referenced by WonderGirl in post #634 -- reports that it was indeed this "candy man" (whom Ari Liggett resembles) who was driving a blue sedan during his attempt to lure two boys into his vehicle in Arvada.

Hoping this arrest just may shed some light on Jessica's death. IMO. MOO.

From People:
In the case of two "stranger danger" incidents, a young white man reportedly tried to entice the young boys into his blue sedan with sweets. In both cases, on Sept. 9 and Sept. 12, the boy ran to tell an adult, McGranahan says.

I'm not seeing this one. The suspect (photo not drawing) is very striking looking with full lips, square jaw, prominent eyebrows and unusual eyes. The drawing guy looks much older/plainer, eyebrows and lips different shape, slightly receding hairline, etc.

I don't see a resemblance, either.

I notice the suspect in all the photos seems to have acne. I think that would have been noted by his attempted luring victims. JMO

Of course, I also don't think the candy man is Jessica's killer--he likes boys, so whether he looks like him or not wouldn't really make a difference to me.

morbid thought: (I've been watching a lot of Breaking Bad lately)

could this be remains that have been disintegrated with chemicals?

not to mention the gas mask (used like chloroform?)

I was going to point out the acne issue, but I wasn't sure if that was me being shallow, and I wasn't sure if that's something a typical witness notices?

can you link it or PM me?
I can't find the active scanner thread for anything.
You can find a link to the scanner thread in the Timeline thread here:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187312"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187312[/ame]

Click on the link there, which takes you to JR scanner thread #1. You may have to search a bit to find the current thread

Of course, I also don't think the candy man is Jessica's killer--he likes boys, so whether he looks like him or not wouldn't really make a difference to me.

Unless Jessica's killer is one of the subset who goes by age rather than gender. We don't have enough information to rule that out.

Most any white male with an average face will resemble the Arvada sketch, and probably half the Hispanic and Middle Eastern guys with light complexions. That guy is so generic that I bet you wouldn't notice him if he walked past you on the street.

Note, not saying the sketch is generic, but that there's not a lot distinctive about the person it's trying to represent.

True, but most people don't drive around with what he had in his back seat.

I was going to point out the acne issue, but I wasn't sure if that was me being shallow, and I wasn't sure if that's something a typical witness notices?

It definitely is, think Michaela Garecht's kidnapper's sketch.

(Anyone else here get nervous/paranoid about the google searches you end up doing as a result of this thread? Everything from body recovery sites to potassium cyanide. Sigh. )

I pointed it out because if he is the candy man I would think it would be noticeable to the victims and it would be noted in the description. I don't think you are being shallow and I hope no one thinks I am! I would never make fun of someone's looks.

MOO

morbid thought: (I've been watching a lot of Breaking Bad lately)

could this be remains that have been disintegrated with chemicals?
That is a possibility. Not that anyone would tell us yet, but that is an excellent example of "not intact".

seems like so many people have had close calls. glad you're here unscathed.

Thank you. I feel like I maybe escaped something bad.
But my main point (which I probably didn't articulate well) is that I trusted him without ever having met him personally. I trusted him because he was a known judge in my community and that my older bro hung out in sports with his son. So to young naive me, he was a trusted member of my circle/community. And yet he had no idea who I belonged to when he offered me that ride. I will never forget the look on in his bald headed eyes when I told him how I knew who he was!
So, what I am trying to say is LE is correct in telling the community that the perp may be a neighbor, a boss, a relative. Look at unusual occurrences in someone's life.
In my case.......a judge, a judge in our courts....offered me a ride.
It could be anybody. Look at unusual factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nirvanita55