CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if there might be a dna link between the Ketner Lake attempt (is it possible they could have collected some touch dna from the victim?) and something they found on Jessica or her bookbag. :dunno: Just seems to me they prolly have something a bit more substantial than location to release this statement/request for assistance.

Maybe, they seem to be able to pretty much say "not involved" fairly quickly with some that would seem suspects. Yet they are putting a bit of emphasis on this Ketner Park guy.

I do not believe so -- at least in California - the law has been in place for years to prohibit anyone besides LE to obtain that information.

I don't believe there's a website, but in Colorado anyone can go to the DMV and pay to have a license plate run. It's public info. I used to work for a private investigation company and I did this all the time. It cost $2.20

A landscaper possibly? Someone who cuts grass? Place him at the schools at certain times but not in a way that the children may or may not know him by name but recognize his face so they feel comfortable speaking to him? Possibly works for the State and also cuts grass in the parks and is able to watch and/or stalk without being recognized as 'stalking'. Wasn't the backpack near the back of a school?

Grasping at straws but really wish this guy would be caught today. Continuing to pray every minute.

Kelly

For the first time in the Jessica Ridgeway murder case, investigators released the description of man who used a chemical-soaked rag in an unsuccessful attempt to abduct a 22-year-old woman near Ketner Lake on May 28.
Police stressed in their announcement on Thursday that they linking the two cases in "an attempt to uncover any lead" in the Jessica Ridgeway's Oct. 5 abduction and subsequent murder and dismemberment.
"Police are trying to determine if there is any connection between the two cases," authorities said in a bulletin to media Thursday afternoon.

Read more: Police seek links between Jessica Ridgeway and May incident nearby - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...etween-jessica-ridgeway-and-may#ixzz29hQF8JFO
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

---------

I'm not clear about who found Jessica. Was it during a search or following a tip? Or did a civilian accidentally stumble across her?

Thx.

another bit from that article:

Westminster police also are looking at other attempted abductions in the Denver metro area to see whether those suspects could have been involved in Jessica's kidnapping on Oct. 5 , followed by the discovery of her body 11 miles away in an Arvada open space on Oct. 9.
"Several metro area law enforcement jurisdictions are working other cases of attempted abductions and various vehicle or suspect descriptions have been provided," Westminster police stated Thursday.
Investigators are asking the public to call if they know of someone whose behavior has been unusual, including failing to show up at family activities or abrupt changes in appearances or habits around Memorial Day or Oct. 5.

Read more: Police seek links between Jessica Ridgeway and May incident nearby - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...etween-jessica-ridgeway-and-may#ixzz29hQub3a3
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

If you were at Ketner Lake Open Space during the Memorial Day holiday weekend and remember anything suspicious police would like to hear from you.
Investigators provided the following description of the woman’s attacker:
— Light-skinned male
— 18-30 years old
— Brown hair
— Medium build
— 5’6″ to 5’8″ tall
Investigators are taking a close look at this lead because of the close proximity to the two crimes.
http://kdvr.com/2012/10/18/police-w...sible-lead-in-jessica-ridgeway-investigation/

I'm not clear about who found Jessica. Was it during a search or following a tip? Or did a civilian accidentally stumbling across her?

Thx.

It was actually trash collectors, they pick up trash in that location fairly frequently as it is near a dump, and winds will spread loose trash from the dump to that area. In the pictures of the body discovery, you can see the large Waste Management truck parked on the road.

Can someone refresh my memory? Memorial Day was the jogger and the cloth with a chemical odor. what was oct 5th? It's the other day LE is asking for tips about.

Can someone refresh my memory? Memorial Day was the jogger and the cloth with a chemical odor. what was oct 5th? It's the other day LE is asking for tips about.
The day Jessica went missing.

October 5th is the day Jessica disappeared.

So the cloth guy attempted to abduct a woman on an earlier long weekend? wow. What a coincidence.

According to nursebeeme's great map, LE had a dive team deployed there at 1646 on the the 6th.

Yes, there is definitely a psycho in the area. This sounds like a promising lead. Did the locals know about this attempted abduction? Because of the age differences between this woman and Jennifer, I would not have considered any connection at first. This sounds like a person desperate for a victim, to use a knock-out chemical (assumed by me).

they reported on it pretty early in the case but this is the first that LE has publicly asked for more info and tips surrounding that incident.

Reminds me a lot of John Gardner (re: Chelsea King and Amber Dubois) sort of situation if it is related. At the time he murdered Chelsea while she was running on the trails he lived just a little bit of a distance away with his mother. This guy didn't just hunt on the running trail but also the streets around the school (where he kidnapped Amber).

<SNIP>
Anyway!... I had mentioned earlier that I wondered if the guy had lived in the area where the backpack was found, and moved within the past 6 months or so to the area where she was abducted. While looking at the area tonight, I realized that there was a home less than 2 blocks from where it was found that had been sold in May (less than 5 months between the sale and the abduction). Since I have no idea who lived there before it was sold, I also have no way of knowing if he/they happened to move to Jessica's neighborhood after the sale. I'm sure there are many other homes in the area that were sold during that general time period, but I just thought it was interesting that this one appears to be just over a block from where the BP was left.

I just love quoting myself since nobody else seems to! :blushing: I just wanted to add that I did find someone who lives/lived in that house recently, and he is connected to a roofing and construction company in Arvada (owned by either him or a family member.) Is that too much sleuthing if I'm not saying who he is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member