CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't directed at you...I just get frustrated when every few days it seems we recycle and rehash issues that have been resolved and/or aren't relevant to the case. I understand that there hasn't been much new information to discuss, but there has to be a more productive use of our time.

JMO :)

I've heard from LE officers (and so have other posters) that hashing and re-hashing and re-hashing the re-hashs is actually how LE solves crimes that are not easily solved.

With a little luck, all that tedious rehearsing of what is know suddenly triggers a moment of insight.

I also know that's how microbiology labs work. Someone gets a result that is odd or fails to get a result and everyone goes around and around in circles on it until someone suddenly goes "well, what if...?"

It seems to me that most people don't learn or think in a straight line process. There's loops and swirls and backtracks and ups and downs until all of a sudden, something happens.

It's messy. It's biological. It's not binary and it is darn near impossible to teach a computer to learn the way humans learn.

Or, as my mama would have said, every beautiful garden benefits from a lot of compost. She could grow anything!

Serendipitous?

Makes you think about that timing for sure.

The road crew had no idea what was in that bag except that it wasn't like the normal debris they were used to picking up. The stuff the wind was able to blow away from the landfill. Depending on how badly mangled (sorrry for that word) poor Jessica was, a quick peek into the bag would not have revealed it to be human remains as opposed to an animal carcass.

Maybe it was someone working for AnimalControl that had arranged to be crossing paths just about that time? HMMMM

Maybe it wasn't at that precise moment. Maybe they noticed the bag and left it alone with intentions of having animal control look at it, and continued cleaning the area, then saw animal control coming by and flagged them down. Just speculating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi scadder,
I can sure see how this is so troubling....
How in the world could someone not know there is a child missing???!!!
Almost 2 days later??!!!
And so close??

(Ooooh, I'm gonna get in trouble for this ;) )
This is a MAN. Partly because of the healthcare area I work in, I've been astounded over and over how differently they prioritize things . I think women are born with a different radar, or always being aware of things on the periphery of day to day life.

:twocents:

JMO, but I think if the pack had been placed on the sidewalk in front of a young mother's house, I think she would have already known that Jessica was missing, would have known her name, would have checked out the name on the BP, and would have called 911 right away.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that it might have already been too late to help Jessica. :(
IMO, I think the perp put the BP there to draw LE away from where the actual evidence was being left. :(

The guy had a wife though. And a family. Can't just blame it on unaware men. :) I'm one of the aware ones but my job necessates that. :)

Jessica disappeared at 8:30 AM Friday. The backpack was left prior to 1 AM Sunday morning. That means the backpack was left between 34 and 41 hours after Jessica was abducted.

But only a little over 24 hours after the public knew she was missing.

This was determined to be false, no one saw her that morning but her Mom, period.

(Just trying to stop this one before it starts.)

I hadn't realised that the unnamed and "potential" witness had been found mistaken. Could you guide me to a link?

Few things? Has it been discussed if Jessica's mother had a boyfriend? We know the dad lived in Missouri and was at work and in court on that day. They ruled out the mother also. Did/does she have a boyfriend/lover?

Also the listserv message is chilling to me. Not because I think the guy did it. Just the way it's worded. Backpack with Jessica Ridgeway on it. Come and get it.

This was sent at Sunday at 1pm. The man went over 40 hours not knowing a girl was abducted just 6 miles from his house.

That could easily happen to me-I can go days without listening to any type of media.I work full time in a large city,as a nurse,live in a small town,and sometimes never turn my radio on,to and from work.Just saying.

Closed for review! Will re-open shortly.

Out. Of. Patience.

Still cleaning up.

I don't know what on earth some of you guys were thinking with some of these posts I am reviewing!

If you can see that you are missing a post while I am still cleaning up, I strongly urge you to go read the OP of this thread and the Rules forum.

Before I reopen this thread -

One more time. Final Warning.

Absolutely NO Facebook pages of private individuals are to be linked. NONE.

The Official LE page is fine to link. However, please don't copy & paste photos from that page, other than the one of the cross that LE has requested input.

LE has CLEARED THE FAMILY. They are not suspects of ANYTHING. NOT ANYTHING, folks. NOTHING. This family is suffering greatly. Come on! Have some empathy you guys. God forbid, what if Jessica were YOUR daughter? How would you feel with such harsh critcism and specualtion. Stop it now. I understand everyone's passion but THINK about what you are saying and who could be reading it.

Jessica left the house, supported by all accounts. There is NOTHING to assume that she did not leave the home. No reason to believe otherwise, other than wild, unfounded speculation. We're not going there. If you've got PROOF otherwise, then you need to contact LE because they darn sure are unaware of it.

LE has made it clear they believe and are investigating this as a STRANGER ABDUCTION. Until they advise us otherwise, that is how this thread will be moderated.

Any further violations of the above instructions will result in a loss of posting privileges for at least a week.

Maybe it wasn't at that precise moment. Maybe they noticed the bag and left it alone with intentions of having animal control look at it, and continued cleaning the area, then saw animal control coming by and flagged them down. Just speculating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"At about 2 p.m., workers came across a plastic garbage bag in plain view near a culvert on the side of the road, said Arvada police spokeswoman Jill McGranahan. The bag was heavy and "seemed kind of strange," she said.

At that moment, animal-management officers who typically chase down stray dogs and escaped livestock drove by.

I'm not saying animal control killed Jessica. I just thought it was weird how they drove by at that precise moment.

I apologize too. I got kind of aggravated about innocent people being suspected. I guess we are all uptight about this but we need to comply with the rules and be respectful of innocent people (and each other too) :)

Can this topic be discussed. Does LE/would they ever give out false information in order to solve the case by causing the real person they suspect to relax.

Whew. FINALLY caught up.

So much to say - but it's garbled in my head, so apologies first.

I have been (over the last few threads) skipping pages, five at a time, to not only catch up but because I think that this case has become slightly hysteric.

I honestly believe that while the perp is probably not the stupidest man alive, this is also not a case of the smartest man who ever roamed the earth.

There has been so much discussion of symbolism which alludes to hours and hours, if not days and weeks and months of preplanning this crime. I think most of us have forgotten ourselves in the hysteria to forget the most important part of this *IMHO*, which is that he grabbed this girl off of a street - seemingly in a crime of opportunity.

Unless he had been watching the Ridgeways for a long enough time frame to be able to know their schedules, and following JR enough to know that she met up with friends, and had enough knowledge to know that on THIS particular day her friends or her ride wouldn't immediately drive back home to ensure she was okay and that her mom had her cell off and wouldn't receive calls -- I *HIGHLY* doubt that he intentionally "triangulated" the home and the backpack and the dump site, etc. Just as I highly doubt there is any symbolism in Alpha/Andrew/Superior/Quaker, etc.

I think the b***ard just got lucky.

I'm fairly certain that what happened to JR was quick. He snatched her and knew that his window was small. Did he *intend* to kill her? Or was he just looking for sex/control/etc and it got way out of hand? Did he preplan her dismemberment or did he panic after things didn't quite go his way?

I think he got lucky, in that an amber alert wasn't issued for +/-12 hours after he got her.

The backpack was a lure. It had to have been. I think the police were getting too close for comfort (does anyone know where they were searching/planning to search in the day before that was dropped - Saturday?), and he wasn't finished with his clean up. He needed more time, which means that at least JR didn't suffer for too long.

I don't think he planned where he put it, just so long as it was *away* from him.

As far as why he put her body where he did - I have no idea. Nor any real theories at this point. There's just not enough information.

There are so many intelligent and savvy individuals on this thread -- I just think it would be so much more beneficial to slueth the facts in hope of bringing JR's killer to justice than to get so far out on a tangent about triangulations and satanic symbolism for 20+ pages. I just really don't think this crime was planned out like some horror/thriller/gore movie. There are too many things that had to occur just the way they did for that to be plausible.

MOO.:twocents:

Re the boy/friend Jessica was supposed to walk to school with Oct 5th: For some reason I thought he lived on the other side of the park, but I just read he lived about 1000 ft down the street from Jessica's house. If that is true, the perp had to know where Jessica lived in order to assume she'd be out of sight to her family that knows her. So in hindsight, after maybe a couple hundred feet, but before say maybe 600 feet, the perp would have had to strike within that certain tight area. No? Bc wouldn't the friend meeting Jessica be able to see 200-400 ft toward where Jessica was walking from? He was meeting her halfway or no? If so, that sure does put a right squeeze on exactly when this perp had to strike & in all reality the boy "friend" is lucky bc IMO he could have been taken as well. Seems nobody saw this happening, which is why I say the friend is very lucky.

I apologize too. I got kind of aggravated about innocent people being suspected. I guess we are all uptight about this but we need to comply with the rules and be respectful of innocent people (and each other too) :)

Ditto. Thank you for the clean up job mods, and I'm sorry for anything I may have contributed to the mess :blushing:

Let's get back to Jessica.

Well, here's the thing - the family has been ruled out but that's about it. Everyone else is a suspect, no matter what their job title may be.

Whew. FINALLY caught up.

So much to say - but it's garbled in my head, so apologies first.

I have been (over the last few threads) skipping pages, five at a time, to not only catch up but because I think that this case has become slightly hysteric.

I honestly believe that while the perp is probably not the stupidest man alive, this is also not a case of the smartest man who ever roamed the earth.

There has been so much discussion of symbolism which alludes to hours and hours, if not days and weeks and months of preplanning this crime. I think most of us have forgotten ourselves in the hysteria to forget the most important part of this *IMHO*, which is that he grabbed this girl off of a street - seemingly in a crime of opportunity.

Unless he had been watching the Ridgeways for a long enough time frame to be able to know their schedules, and following JR enough to know that she met up with friends, and had enough knowledge to know that on THIS particular day her friends or her ride wouldn't immediately drive back home to ensure she was okay and that her mom had her cell off and wouldn't receive calls -- I *HIGHLY* doubt that he intentionally "triangulated" the home and the backpack and the dump site, etc. Just as I highly doubt there is any symbolism in Alpha/Andrew/Superior/Quaker, etc.

I think the b***ard just got lucky.

I'm fairly certain that what happened to JR was quick. He snatched her and knew that his window was small. Did he *intend* to kill her? Or was he just looking for sex/control/etc and it got way out of hand? Did he preplan her dismemberment or did he panic after things didn't quite go his way?

I think he got lucky, in that an amber alert wasn't issued for +/-12 hours after he got her.

The backpack was a lure. It had to have been. I think the police were getting too close for comfort (does anyone know where they were searching/planning to search in the day before that was dropped - Saturday?), and he wasn't finished with his clean up. He needed more time, which means that at least JR didn't suffer for too long.

I don't think he planned where he put it, just so long as it was *away* from him.

As far as why he put her body where he did - I have no idea. Nor any real theories at this point. There's just not enough information.

There are so many intelligent and savvy individuals on this thread -- I just think it would be so much more beneficial to slueth the facts in hope of bringing JR's killer to justice than to get so far out on a tangent about triangulations and satanic symbolism for 20+ pages. I just really don't think this crime was planned out like some horror/thriller/gore movie. There are too many things that had to occur just the way they did for that to be plausible.

MOO.:twocents:

I also agree that he wanted that backpack as far away from him as he could get it.

Can this topic be discussed. Does LE/would they ever give out false information in order to solve the case by causing the real person they suspect to relax.

Let's don't go there right now, okay?

I agree it is a legit discussion and maybe we can reconsider it when this thread isn't quite so volatile. Let's let the dust settle for a bit. If we were in a forum format, then we could have a topical thread like this, however right now, it is likely to derail and detract Jessica's one discussion thread.

Thanks much for asking first! Promise to keep it in mind for a better time. :blowkiss:

That could easily happen to me-I can go days without listening to any type of media.I work full time in a large city,as a nurse,live in a small town,and sometimes never turn my radio on,to and from work.Just saying.

The man could have known about the abdunction but not known the name. Also a lot of people can so swept up in their own lives, they do not watch the news.

And it is bizarre to leave it there to begin with. No one would think a kidnapper would risk going in a nice residential neighborhood and neatly leave a backpack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver