CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was 5 months ago. If it was the same guy, he probably decided he needed to change his tactics some since it didn't work that time.

Only thing with that. Does it seem like the same type of criminal would want to kidnap a fully developed 22 year old female and a 10 year old girl? Seems like different MO's.

Whew. FINALLY caught up.

So much to say - but it's garbled in my head, so apologies first.

I have been (over the last few threads) skipping pages, five at a time, to not only catch up but because I think that this case has become slightly hysteric.

I honestly believe that while the perp is probably not the stupidest man alive, this is also not a case of the smartest man who ever roamed the earth.

There has been so much discussion of symbolism which alludes to hours and hours, if not days and weeks and months of preplanning this crime. I think most of us have forgotten ourselves in the hysteria to forget the most important part of this *IMHO*, which is that he grabbed this girl off of a street - seemingly in a crime of opportunity.

Unless he had been watching the Ridgeways for a long enough time frame to be able to know their schedules, and following JR enough to know that she met up with friends, and had enough knowledge to know that on THIS particular day her friends or her ride wouldn't immediately drive back home to ensure she was okay and that her mom had her cell off and wouldn't receive calls -- I *HIGHLY* doubt that he intentionally "triangulated" the home and the backpack and the dump site, etc. Just as I highly doubt there is any symbolism in Alpha/Andrew/Superior/Quaker, etc.

I think the b***ard just got lucky.

I'm fairly certain that what happened to JR was quick. He snatched her and knew that his window was small. Did he *intend* to kill her? Or was he just looking for sex/control/etc and it got way out of hand? Did he preplan her dismemberment or did he panic after things didn't quite go his way?

I think he got lucky, in that an amber alert wasn't issued for +/-12 hours after he got her.

The backpack was a lure. It had to have been. I think the police were getting too close for comfort (does anyone know where they were searching/planning to search in the day before that was dropped - Saturday?), and he wasn't finished with his clean up. He needed more time, which means that at least JR didn't suffer for too long.

I don't think he planned where he put it, just so long as it was *away* from him.

As far as why he put her body where he did - I have no idea. Nor any real theories at this point. There's just not enough information.

There are so many intelligent and savvy individuals on this thread -- I just think it would be so much more beneficial to slueth the facts in hope of bringing JR's killer to justice than to get so far out on a tangent about triangulations and satanic symbolism for 20+ pages. I just really don't think this crime was planned out like some horror/thriller/gore movie. There are too many things that had to occur just the way they did for that to be plausible.

MOO.:twocents:

GREAT POST! So glad to have your input

:welcome:

Are we allowed to ask how far her grandmother saw her walk away from the house. What distance away was she before eyes were taken off of her. I saw in another post it was grandma that saw her leave home for school.

I thought Grandmother and Aunt were at work at it was mother that saw her leave.

nurse Beeme pointed out that the bp was placed in Superior when LE was searching open spaces close to where the body ended up being found. So I think it was a diversion, but I also think it was an intentional diversion WITH MEANING. he's accomplishing his agenda to get the cops away from the remains, while ALSO communicating something else.

I think he didn't place the body there before the backpack. I think he placed the backpack there to move them away from where he planned to get rid of the body. IMO

Well, guess it depends on what you mean by "area" ... But yes there is blue sedan candy man and white van guy.

Thanks, do you have links for those?

This thread is moving so quickly I must've missed them.

TIA

description of how the body was found:

http://www.registercitizen.com/arti...5084227cd0e41801689998.txt?viewmode=fullstory

NEWS

Jessica Ridgeway: What happened to the Colorado girl?
Published: Sunday, October 21, 2012
By Eric Gorski and Jeremy P. Meyer
The Denver Post

Snipped:
On the afternoon of Oct. 10, maintenance workers were out picking up trash — a routine exercise in a park neighboring a landfill.

Earlier that day, police announced they had ruled out Jessica's parents as suspects and believed an unknown person abducted her.

At about 2 p.m., workers came across a plastic garbage bag in plain view near a culvert on the side of the road, said Arvada police spokeswoman Jill McGranahan. The bag was heavy and "seemed kind of strange," she said.

At that moment, animal-management officers who typically chase down stray dogs and escaped livestock drove by.

The maintenance workers flagged them down. An animal-control officer looked inside the bag and saw human remains, McGranahan said. Law enforcement officials have declined to be any more specific than to say they discovered a body that was "not intact."

I see no urgency to get the bag away from him. He can simply store the bag where he has the body. The bag had to have been a taunt or to clear some space so he could dispose the body.

That said if it was left past midnight, then the search was done for that day and he had a clear route to dump the remains.

Unless he dumped the bag and then waited for the call to get the bag which would then risk it being during the day and him being spotted.

Let me try to explain what some folks are thinking. The searches were ongoing in an area near the home and Standley Lk. which is the OPPOSITE direction where the backpack was found. It is not out of the realm of possibility that the perp knew where the searches were going on and may have possibly lived in that area. JR's body was also disposed of not far from that same area. The theory is that the perp was attempting to DISTRACT the search from that area and redirect the search to the area where the backpack was found so he would have a better opportunity to dispose of the body.
Does this help?

I thought Grandmother and Aunt were at work at it was mother that saw her leave.

Thank you, thats what I thought too and said in another post. But I was then told the grandmother saw her leave the house. I am just trying to get the story straight here because I am not sure what we are allowed to post anymore. All I am trying to do is find a time line to when the last person saw her and who was the last person.

I think this has been addressed ad nauseum, but if my father had found the backpack and her name was written on it...he would have had NO idea who she was and that she was missing. He rarely is on his computer and it is never to look at news and his favorite TV is Andy Griffith and Cash Cab and that is pretty much all he watches on TV...perhaps he would catch a newsbreak in the midde of a football game...I think so many of us are so controlled by electronics we forget many people are not. OK...my 2 cents!

When LE released pictures of the cross, they said it was small - 1-1/2" x 1".
Has anyone seen a measurement for the thickness?
Comparing it to the length, it must be very thin.
I wish they had also posted an actual sized picture for viewing.

I know there was one on the LE Facebook page where the cross was sitting next to a tape measure. It didn't show thickness, but it was a bit thicker than I expected. I'm admittedly not great at guessing this kind of thing but it looks to me like it's around 1/2" thick.

The man could have known about the abdunction but not known the name. Also a lot of people can so swept up in their own lives, they do not watch the news.

And it is bizarre to leave it there to begin with. No one would think a kidnapper would risk going in a nice residential neighborhood and neatly leave a backpack.

I have a family member that never watches the news because she's so busy with her four kids. If there's a weather alert or such i always send her a text. It is possible someone wasn't aware, imo.

And also, since the back pack was left there over night, I would imagine someone could have set it upright to be noticed. Unless I missed something (possible) I don't know that it was not thrown out of a car.

Maybe it wasn't at that precise moment. Maybe they noticed the bag and left it alone with intentions of having animal control look at it, and continued cleaning the area, then saw animal control coming by and flagged them down. Just speculating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

True. They must have dispatching capabilities B/W themselves.

Like I said, the road workers perhaps had NO clue what they were looking at in that bag, but Animal Control did!

They actually probably had to sift through it a bit to make a confirmation. *shudder*

If you think about it, maybe this is perhaps why different posters remember seeing different aerial photos in the beginning. Maybe Animal Control had to check WHAT was in the bag and opened it, laying it out before they could determine the remains were human. Had they been animal remains, they would have hoisted them onto their truck and off they'd go. Instead, they ascertained it was a crime scene. Someone posted that Animal Control IS part of Law Enforcement. I would think that that allowed them to perhaps proceed in the manner I am suggesting. JMO

Let me try to explain what some folks are thinking. The searches were ongoing in an area near the home and Standley Lk. which is the OPPOSITE direction where the backpack was found. It is not out of the realm of possibility that the perp knew where the searches were going on and may have possibly lived in that area. JR's body was also disposed of not far from that same area. The theory is that the perp was attempting to DISTRACT the search from that area and redirect the search to the area where the backpack was found so he would have a better opportunity to dispose of the body.
Does this help?

I get that by why distract the search, when the bag was in an area that wasn't being searched. Also if you were to leave the bag late(my assumption) based on us knowing it was between 6:40pm and 1 am, and him not wanting to be seen dropping it off) why do that and then wait for it to be reported. Why not dump the back(at night) and then dump the body at night too since the search was over with for the day most likely.

Thank you, thats what I thought too and said in another post. But I was then told the grandmother saw her leave the house. I am just trying to get the story straight here because I am not sure what we are allowed to post anymore. All I am trying to do is find a time line to when the last person saw her and who was the last person.

IMHO, best bet is to google it and try to find a legit news source where a member of law enforcement actually said it, don't go by thread hearsay.

FWIW, I've never heard anything about grandma being home (or at least, not having been awake or seeing J). The story has always been that J and Mom peeled an orange together for her breakfast before she left.

When LE released pictures of the cross, they said it was small - 1-1/2" x 1".
Has anyone seen a measurement for the thickness?
Comparing it to the length, it must be very thin.
I wish they had also posted an actual sized picture for viewing.

There is a pic on facebook/original report. It actually is fairly thick, not really thin if you look at the hole drilled in it. I guess fairly thick is relative .... but did you see the side pic with the hole?

Only thing with that. Does it seem like the same type of criminal would want to kidnap a fully developed 22 year old female and a 10 year old girl? Seems like different MO's.

I personally wouldn't expect it, but they seem to have something they aren't talking about that links the two cases. It's possible that the 22 year old looks young for her age, and more likely that he just decided to try someone easier first and work his way up to what he really wanted. It's also possible that it was the idea of committing the perfect murder that appealed to him, and not sex. Since they seem sure that Jessica wasn't his first victim, I've been wondering if his DNA matched unidentified DNA in other cases.

Any perp who is looking to abduct a child would likely drive on streets that are near enough an elementary school to have children walking to school. Jessica may have been the only child on her own and was just a random victim in that way, in a crime that was semi-planned, if the right victim came along.

Are we allowed to ask how far her grandmother saw her walk away from the house. What distance away was she before eyes were taken off of her. I saw in another post it was grandma that saw her leave home for school.

It was not the grandmother who saw her walk to school-it was her mother

The alarm clock rang at 7:45 a.m. Jessica had asked for the clock so she could get up on her own, part of her push to be more self-sufficient and look grown-up, her mother recalled.

That Oct. 5 morning, Jessica followed her normal routine. She watched TV, ate a granola bar, went back upstairs to dress, then peeled an orange with her mother to take to school.

Sarah Ridgeway, a 31-year-old single mom, had just come home from working her regular 10 p.m.-to-7 a.m. tech-support shift at a software company in Boulder.

<snip>

While Jessica was at school, her mother slept, waking at 4 p.m. so she could greet her daughter.

Before leaving for school that day, Jessica called a friend who lives a few blocks away to see if he would be walking to nearby Witt Elementary School, according to police dispatch tapes.

It was 8:25 a.m. She spoke to the boy's father, who said his son would wait for her.

"It is snowing," Sarah Ridgeway recalled in an interview four days after her daughter disappeared. "I watch her walk out the door. I shut the door. And that is the last time I saw her."

Read more: Jessica Ridgeway: What happened to the Colorado girl? - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...way-what-happened-colorado-girl#ixzz29yQgCAaS

I get that by why distract the search, when the bag was in an area that wasn't being searched. Also if you were to leave the bag late(my assumption) based on us knowing it was between 6:40pm and 1 am, and him not wanting to be seen dropping it off) why do that and then wait for it to be reported. Why not dump the back(at night) and then dump the body at night too since the search was over with for the day most likely.

There are those who think the FIRST SEARCH AREA was getting too close for comfort for the perp. He put the backpack where it could be found to MOVE THE SEARCH AREA!!!
Do you understand what I'm trying to convey? I don't know how to make this any clearer but I will continue to try!

Animal Control - another BTK connection.

I mean only that aspects of this crime remind me of BTK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444