CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that this has all settled down, I wanted to help you out a bit on it. You weren't totally wrong about the date and post count. You had accidentally (I assume!) looked at imnotagolem's stats on the welcoming post.
I've been thinking about the cross too, among other things. I'm wondering if this guy has an OCD problem that partially centers around the number 3. Three lines on each side of the cross, 3 day weekends, 3 crime scenes (3rd one not found yet - abduction site, murder site and drop site), 3 "dump" sites (blood and whatever else was discarded at the murder site, the BP and Pattridge Park). The thing that worries me is that if both joggers at Ketner and the little boy were his victims, then Jessica would mean number 4. That could mean that he's completed his "3 attempted abductions" and now he's started on his "3 murders." One other that is pretty morbid would be if the body was "dismembered" and he had it in 6 pieces (2 sets of 3), which would be a head & 2 arms, and a torso & 2 legs. I also suspect that she may have been killed 3 days after she was taken (or her body was dumped after 3 days).

In addition to the recurring number 3, other signs of OCD could be: neatly folding the clothes after murdering someone, placing them into the backpack and neatly placing that on the sidewalk. There were some others, but I think my fever has burnt out my memory.

Very interesting line of thought! Another 3 could be considered as the triangle created by Jessie' s abduction crime scene, where the BP was left and where remains were left.

This obsession with threes could really be something. It feels right that the number 3 is relevant. Apoloies to thoe who tackle thngs in a more analytical manner. I feel things in visceral way.

Also wanted to mention writer's photo of PP open space grafitti cross upthread. Nice work there. Strikes me as most similar to the cross ound by WPD.

https://www.facebook.com/westminsterpolice

Date – October 23, 2012

JOINT PRESS RELEASE BY:
WESTMINSTER POLICE DEPARTMENT & METRO DENVER CRIME STOPPERS

The Westminster Police Department has received calls and emails from people and businesses across the country asking if they can contribute money to a reward fund. Some people want their donations to be used as a reward for information leading to the identification and apprehension of the person responsible for the abduction and subsequent murder of Jessica Ridgway. A reward has not been offered at the time of this press release as law enforcement works with Crime Stoppers to collect donations and determine what level of reward could be available at a future date.

Westminster police, working with Metro Denver Crime Stoppers has established a reward account dedicated for this purpose. There are several ways you can contribute to this account.

Contributions can be made at any Wells Fargo Bank & the Crime Stoppers website:

• Simply donate to the Jessica Ridgeway Benefit Donation Reward Account at any Wells Fargo Bank (9957483077)
• Wire money to Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. 420 Montgomery Street, San Francisco, CA 94104 (routing number: 121000248 account number: 9957483077) Beneficiary: Crime Stoppers Program, Inc.
• By check: Crime Stoppers c/o Justice for Jessica, PO Box 40965, Denver, CO 80204 Memo line: Jessica Ridgeway Reward
• Online at: www.metrodenvercrimestoppers.com

Metro Denver Crime Stoppers is a non-profit organization and all donations are tax deductable. “Tips received over the years have solved a countless number of crimes and it is our hope that a tip will help put our community at ease and bring justice for Jessica and her family,” said Mike Mills, president of Metro Denver Crime Stoppers.
If you have any questions regarding the Jessica Ridgeway investigation please contact Investigator Trevor Materasso. Questions regarding Crime Stoppers and the designated reward account can be directed to Metro Denver Crime Stoppers President, Mike Mills at 303-210-2100 or through email: mjm@rpmparking.com

Authorities urge the public to continue providing tips and information with the police department at 303-658-4336 or by email: PDamberalert@cityofwestminster.us . Police recognize some tipsters may feel the need to remain anonymous. If anonymity is important, you can provide information directly through Crime Stoppers by calling 720-913-STOP (7867). Crime Stoppers can also receive email tips and text tips. For more information go to their website at: www.metrodenvercrimestoppers.com. Due to the direct connection between the Ketner Lake attempted abduction on May 28, 2012 and the Jessica Ridgeway murder, this special account will apply to information that helps solve either case.

www.metrodenvercrimestoppers.com

www.facebook.com/MetroCrimeStoppers

Background information: The mission statement of Metro Denver Crime Stoppers is to increase the safety of the Metro Denver community by assisting Law Enforcement Agencies in identifying and arresting criminal suspects through anonymous tips. In addition, the Crime Stoppers program provides community education outreach related to crime prevention. Metro Denver Crime Stoppers gives the people the opportunity to provide information without directly speaking to police or testifying in court. Investigators need witnesses to help prove their case in court, but most importantly they need information that allows them to focus in on a suspect or a criminal. For more information visit the Crime Stoppers website.

###

Good they need to stress that there is a reward and make a big deal of it to the public. I really think someone who has the info is just holding out and money should make them spill. JMO

I won't lie and pretend there aren't violent and graphic games--there are, just like there are violent and graphic movies. But as far as a game that rewards the player for proven real life evil deeds--no, the media would be all over that. But there are very general tools (chat rooms, mailing lists, forums like this one) that can be made private, and anyone could make up whatever "game" they wanted, like the game threads here. But to me that's different from an online game that is developed/marketed/sold as a game, it's just people abusing a generic online communication tool (again, such as forums, or chat rooms).

To me it's the difference between, say, two serial killers writing each other letters pre-Internet, vs Hasbro marketing a board game where the objective was to kill someone. If I'm even understanding what you're proposing. :)

Sorry for long-windedness.

Great post. ITA. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess is its more personal. I think personal evets in real life that trigger him to feel his impotence (be it physical or phsychological) which in turn fuels his long standing internal rage causing an almst undenable need to act on it. My fear is now that he has successfully fullfilled his sick perverse need to make someone pay for his shortcomings he WILL act out again.

It is imperattive that he be caught and soon as i do not think he will be able to stifle his need to escalate.

Now that this has all settled down, I wanted to help you out a bit on it. You weren't totally wrong about the date and post count. You had accidentally (I assume!) looked at imnotagolem's stats on the welcoming post.
I've been thinking about the cross too, among other things. I'm wondering if this guy has an OCD problem that partially centers around the number 3. Three lines on each side of the cross, 3 day weekends, 3 crime scenes (3rd one not found yet - abduction site, murder site and drop site), 3 "dump" sites (blood and whatever else was discarded at the murder site, the BP and Pattridge Park). The thing that worries me is that if both joggers at Ketner and the little boy were his victims, then Jessica would mean number 4. That could mean that he's completed his "3 attempted abductions" and now he's started on his "3 murders." One other that is pretty morbid would be if the body was "dismembered" and he had it in 6 pieces (2 sets of 3), which would be a head & 2 arms, and a torso & 2 legs. I also suspect that she may have been killed 3 days after she was taken (or her body was dumped after 3 days).

In addition to the recurring number 3, other signs of OCD could be: neatly folding the clothes after murdering someone, placing them into the backpack and neatly placing that on the sidewalk. There were some others, but I think my fever has burnt out my memory.

I did make 4 separate posts acknowledging my error...apologized, threw up a white flag and told everyone I would go back to lurking...don't know what else I can do :waitasec:

It's all good??????

I did make 4 separate posts acknowledging my error...apologized, threw up a white flag and told everyone I would go back to lurking...don't know what else I can do :waitasec:

It's all good??????

I was sticking up for you! It was an honest error (the post you had responded to was by imnotagolem, and that was who started last year and had almost 1700 posts).

Oh NC, of course its all good. For my own response earlier, I sure hope my attempt at good natured teasing was taken as just that :)

Very interesting...I´v been researching the photographer of that cross and find him, indeed, interesting.

You can send the image to me on skovpriv@hotmail.com and I will post it for you.

I notice his connection to the man recently arrested for abducting the girl in Wyoming, Jesse Speer. Although that makes sense, since they are both photographers of western landscapes, open spaces, and abandoned buildings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Very interesting line of thought! Another 3 could be considered as the triangle created by Jessie' s abduction crime scene, where the BP was left and where remains were left.

This obsession with threes could really be something. It feels right that the number 3 is relevant. Apologies to those who tackle things in a more analytical manner. I feel things in visceral way.

<SNIP>.

Thanks, I was afraid I was way out of the ball park again. One other thing I thought of with the number 3 was her clothes. One set of 3 would be the coat and 2 boots, another would be pants, shirt and underwear. That would leave 2 socks that he might have burned because they didn't fit.

It has a SOS button that functions as a panic button. They are always adding new things to this GPS and it can be hidden in various places on a child. I wish we didn't need things like this but the reality is we do. A child could use one of these for lots of reasons-not just abductions.

I notice his connection to the man recently arrested for abducting the girl in Wyoming, Jesse Speer. Although that makes sense, since they are both photographers of western landscapes, open spaces, and abandoned buildings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah, when this one came up before my feeling was that it was all basically coincidence + the fact that Speer was semi well known in his field.

Off topic: in my ex-husband's Ph.D advisor's microbiology lab, a memo went out about every six months: please do not use the triple distilled to make coffee!

The town had (literally) nationally famous yucky tap water but that apparently is not really a justifiable reason to use the triple distilled.

The biggest problem was that the head of the lab rather liked his coffee that way. <snrk>

As a coffee addict, I found myself overly intrigued by this lol. Great story :).

I was sticking up for you! It was an honest error (the post you had responded to was by imnotagolem, and that was who started last year and had almost 1700 posts).

It's all my fault!!! Lol I really was surprised that someone could hold out for two years without posting. Guess I have lots to say!

It's all my fault!!! Lol I really was surprised that someone could hold out for two years without posting. Guess I have lots to say!

Thanks for not mentioning that I forgot an a in your name both times I wrote it. I was too lazy to look it up for sure. :blushing:

Below is a documented and sourced by me timeline of sorts of all the attempted abductions within the last 18 months in this particular area of Colorado.

October 23, 2012-
Arvada- A young girl was approached while on her way to school by a male in a red sedan telling her to get in the car.
http://www.9news.com/news/local/article/295794/346/Brighton-Police-investigate-attempted-abduction

October 22, 2012-
Arvada- An 8yo girl attempted abduction at school bus stop.
http://www.9news.com/news/local/article/295794/346/Brighton-Police-investigate-attempted-abduction

October 19, 2012-
Colorado Springs- Police said the child was walking in the parking lot of The Classical Academy school at 975 Stout Road when a man in a truck asked him to help find a lost puppy.

The boy said the middle-aged man was sitting in a brown, rusty, full-sized truck, possibly a Ford. The man never exited the truck or approached the child. The incident happened around 12:45 p.m.
http://www.krdo.com/news/Police-sea...boy/-/417220/17063008/-/15tc41bz/-/index.html

October 17 2012-
LITTLETON, Colo.&#8212;A 14-year-old boy walking home from a friend's house has told authorities a man tried to pull him toward a car before he could run away.
http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_21796731

October 16 2012-
Aurora- A woman is approached in a bar parking lot and a perp attempted to place a chemical soaked rag over her mouth.she was able to escape and full attempt caught on video.(2 perps)

October 5 2012-
Westminster- Jessica Ridgeway abducted on her way to school.

September 14 2012-
Colorado Springs- The first happened in the 7700 block of Fountain Mesa Road when a child was walking home from school, according to police. The child told police a black man in a grey pick up truck stopped and told the child to get into the truck. The child ran away.
http://www.krdo.com/news/Fountain-P...ction/-/417220/16607542/-/rfg2p5/-/index.html

September 14 2012-
Colorado Springs- The second incident happened near Fountain Middle School as a child was walking home from school. Police say, in this case, the child reported being followed by an older white pick up truck. When the child got out a cell phone to make a call the truck drove away.
http://www.krdo.com/news/Fountain-P...ction/-/417220/16607542/-/rfg2p5/-/index.html

September 12 2012-
Arvada- An elementary school student reported someone attempting to entice him into a car with candy around 5:40 p.m. on Wednesday, in front of Fitzmorris Elementary School at 62nd Avenue and Independence Street.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ce-warning-about-two-cases-of-stranger-danger

September 10 2012-
El Paso county- A 12-year-old boy managed to escape a possible kidnapper early Monday morning.

According to Lt. Jeff Kramer with the El Paso County Sheriff's Office, the boy was on Cabellero Avenue near Grand Peak in Security-Widefield around 6:40 a.m. when an man approached him and tried to make the boy get in his car.

The boy was able to get away, and was unharmed in the attempted abduction. Kramer says that the boy didn't see a gun, but that the suspect implied that he had one. The Sheriff's Office is treating the case as though the suspect did have a gun.
http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/...-Security-Widefield-169185296.html?mobile=yes

September 9 2012-
Arvada- According to Arvada police, around 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, a child was walking near Quaker Acres Park, near 74th Place and Terry Court, when someone tried to entice the child into a car with candy.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ce-warning-about-two-cases-of-stranger-danger

May 28 2012-
Westminster- A 22yo jogger is grabbed from behind and chemical soaked rag attempted to be placed over her mouth. She was able to fight him off and call 911
**this is the case definitively linked to Jessica Ridgeway case per WPD**
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...geway-slaying-and-earlier-ketner-lake-attacks

January 20 2012-
Colorado City- ACTUAL ABDUCTION
9yo girl abducted but able to escape when car broke down. Suffered injuries but alive. Garcia arrested for abduction.
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_19782469

October 5 2011-
Aurora- A 13yo girl on her way to school in Aurora, Co was approached and perp attempted to get her into his car.sketch also at link..
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/attempted-child-abduction-investigated-in-aurora

August 12 2011-
Pueblo- Police say the woman didn't notice the man in her mini-van when she pulled out of the parking lot. She heard a noise inside, turned around and saw the man climbing over the seats coming toward her. The 24 year old jumped out of the van while it was in gear. The van, with the man inside, crashed into a tree at 1st and Union.
http://www.koaa.com/news/pueblo-woman-jumps-from-a-moving-van-to-avoid-being-abducted/

July 5 2011-
Colorado Springs- It happened in the carmel middle school area, that's near Fountain Blvd. and Chelton Rd.

Police say he pulled up to the 9yo girl who was waiting for an ice cream truck and asked her if she wanted him to expose himself.

When the girl said no, the man offered her a dollar.
http://www.koaa.com/news/police-searching-for-man-who-tried-to-expose-himself-to-a-young-girl/

It's all good??????

NC Analyzer....has anyone pointed out that you made a mistake? Gee...I wish you were perfect like the rest of us! :cool:

Now, if I could just figure out what a golem is.....:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members