CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
------------------

Thank you very much. I think we may have a lot to learn in terms of what profilers look at in: victimilogy.

You know what I'm saying. Is it only that the victims were isolated and random? I know many of you have posted about this subject. For example, many posters here believe that the perp.(s) tried to abduct adult females, but then moved on to children because it was easier to abduct them.

Maybe we should have a dedicated thread that organizes the commonalities, i.e. adult, child, female, male, hair color, etc. of the victims.

What do you all think?

Right now, the most common link is the geography, location near elementary schools and open spaces. Not sure that this/these creep/creeps care who the victim is just that they have a victim to destroy. :(

Do we have any locals who can tell me whether there are any yards without complete fencing on the west side of the road? It might be seen as a short cut for Jessica to cut through a yard to that sidewalk behind the houses. But you can't really tell from the map images whether there might a segment of fence that has been taken down. It would have been easy for someone to grab her as she walked through someone's back yard.

I've wondered about that walkway, too. In the early hours of the police investigation an address in the circle at the north end of that walkway was mentioned - dogs got a hit at the house and on vehicles. It was mentioned in the scanner rewind of the first few hours - [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8435263&postcount=2171"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Why would JR's scent have been at that address - could a friend of hers live there and she have been there the day before she disappeared so it was a completely innocent location for her to have visited? I'm sure LE would have thoroughly checked out the possibilities, but that walkway would be a good place for a perp to grab a kid sight unseen with all those solid fences blocking views from the houses.

JMO.

I just thought of an unlikely new avenue to explore.

Mom said that she was talking to different schools about starting new classes, and they were calling her a lot before that Friday morning. And that's why she put the phone somewhere where she would not hear it while she was sleeping.

IF
-one of these schools was a scam
-someone was calling her to learn more about her habits
-the scam person obtained access to her SSN, and her address, and photos of her home, family
-the scammer knew she was getting annoyed with all the calls and would likely be unavailable for a few hours that morning.

I know, lots of ifs, and very unlikely, but just another path to explore.

According to the scanner thread, if the friend's address is correct, he lives completely out of the way of walking to the school from Jessica's house. In fact, if he were to meet her at the park, it's completely out of the way for him too as both of them would make turns leading them away from the school to meet, she going to his house, him going to the park.

This makes no sense to me. Is it possible that she was cutting across streets, yards, greenbelts, to get to his house? Walking on the sidewalks to his house, taking the most direct route, she is, at one point, less than two minutes from school and then would turn to make a lengthly walk to his house. Seems like some serious backtracking.

This is all assuming that she walks to the BACK of the school in the mornings.
The scanner thread implies that she walks to the FRONT of the school, a much longer route, as they were searching on Countryside Dr which would be towards the front of the school.

It's possible she was cutting through yards as her scent was picked up on 107th Cir which would be a "cut through" path to the friend's house.

I assume, in the past, that the father would drive the friend to the park in the mornings and they would walk together. This makes sense to me. On the route home, they would split early, as they lived in opposite directions of each other from school.

Nobody knows which way Jessica walked that morning, but do they know which way she typically walked when she walked to the friend's house?

According to the latest reports, Jessica's body was found just on the other side of the fence from the culvert. Getting under the fence at this point would have been easy.
picture.php

Her boyfriend has assured me he will be there before closing to keep an eye on her. He said there was no way in heck he would let her go to the bank alone. She is tiny...about 100 pounds, maybe 5' 2". He's a muscular linebacker....I don't think he would be an easy target. Still, I'm a nervous wreck!

I'm glad your daughter's boyfriend will be with her but even so if someone with a gun tries to take the deposits, tell them both to just hand over the money. Their lives are not worth someone else's money!

I'd be tempted to call the local PD and ask for their crime prevention people to meet with the management of the salon and recommend safer practices for their deposits. Coming from LE that might make an impression on them.

I am aware that a victimology thread would have a lot of: guess, and fill in the blank. LE has that info., but we do not. And I know, it's out of protecting the victims who survived and the families of all involved.

Sometimes, though, even with the blank spaces, you can figure out a gestalt, draw in the missing lines and complete the picture.

still trying to catch up... but I was just looking at all of the pictures of the search on 10/6 at Kettner Lake. This got me to thinking. The LE have a way of telling us what they know without telling us.. like the comment after the BP was found "we think she changed her clothes" or "focus on what her face looks like without the glasses"... so why the immediate focus on Kettner Lake (including dive teams, etc -- the next day). I'm specualting this may be a tip that the dogs actually led them there and that is where she disappeared from. Interesting because they clearly had not tied this to the May attempt at that point, so while it may be obvious to search there... they had so many other places they could have searched but they went there immediately the next day. Just a thought.
That's a great observation.
Or there was something in the backpack that tied them to the previous incident there.

According to the scanner thread, if the friend's address is correct, he lives completely out of the way of walking to the school from Jessica's house. In fact, if he were to meet her at the park, it's completely out of the way for him too as both of them would make turns leading them away from the school to meet, she going to his house, him going to the park.

This makes no sense to me. Is it possible that she was cutting across streets, yards, greenbelts, to get to his house? Walking on the sidewalks to his house, taking the most direct route, she is, at one point, less than two minutes from school and then would turn to make a lengthly walk to his house. Seems like some serious backtracking.

This is all assuming that she walks to the BACK of the school in the mornings.
The scanner thread implies that she walks to the FRONT of the school, a much longer route, as they were searching on Countryside Dr which would be towards the front of the school.

It's possible she was cutting through yards as her scent was picked up on 107th Cir which would be a "cut through" path to the friend's house.

I assume, in the past, that the father would drive the friend to the park in the mornings and they would walk together. This makes sense to me. On the route home, they would split early, as they lived in opposite directions of each other from school.

Nobody knows which way Jessica walked that morning, but do they know which way she typically walked when she walked to the friend's house?
bbm: this is what I think happened that morning (he drove J to the park to walk the rest of the way with Jessica) (:)moo:))... except when the father drove to the park Jessica was not there, he waited a bit and drove his son to the school. What ever happened occurred between her house and the park.

(my opinion):twocents:

According to the latest reports, Jessica's body was found just on the other side of the fence from the culvert. Getting under the fence at this point would have been easy.
picture.php

i found some more pix of the area by Leydon mine (trees, fence, etc) at Pattridge open space by a local photog:

http://www.michaeldeleonphoto.com/2010/02/24/morning-stop/
and
http://www.michaeldeleonphoto.com/2008/12/27/finally-out/
and
http://www.michaeldeleonphoto.com/2007/08/31/pattridge-open-space-day/
and
http://www.michaeldeleonphoto.com/2008/02/11/trashed/
and
http://www.michaeldeleonphoto.com/2007/09/03/pattridge-ruins/
and of course
http://www.michaeldeleonphoto.com/2007/06/17/pattridge-coal/

"Abandon all Hope", written in paint on side of shed. Any locals know how long that has been there?

I guess I would be presumed as guilty for not complying to DNA swab.

Well, to be realistic, you'd be moved towards the shallow end of the suspect pool for refusing.

However, simply refusing a search (either of your home, your car or your DNA) is not grounds in and of itself for a search warrant. If LE really wanted your DNA, they would have to come up with grounds for a search and get a judge to sign off on it.

If LE did not have sufficient grounds, then they can resort to surveillance and collection of your DNA off something you discard in public (cigarette, soda can, coffee cup, etc). Depends on how much they are willing to invest in just getting your DNA.

At 8:30 in the morning, the temperature was 37 degrees with scattered clouds. There was no snow or drizzle until much later in the day ... and then there was only .4 inches of snow.

temp8_30AM.jpg

http://weather.mercurynews.com/auto/mercurynews/history/airport/KDEN/2012/10/5/DailyHistory.html

That report has to be inaccurate or just based on the "data." I can say, conclusively, 100%, there was a light dusting of snow covering the ground that morning at 7:30am. It didn't stick on the road and wasn't more than 1/4" - 1/2" but it covered grassy areas.

That's a great observation.
Or there was something in the backpack that tied them to the previous incident there.

The backpack wasn't found until 10/7, after the Ketner Lake searching had started, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx