CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they take DNA on all criminals regardless of crime in Colorado?????

I'm thinking that Dad's DNA wasn't in the system or it would have kicked out a potential relative.

I think people like to see LE as being super powerful and solving crimes without need of input from the public but that's not usually the real story. Most crimes (not just murders) are solved because someone knew someone and had a suspicion.

His supposed "friends" or I guess a friend of some woman that he loved, started a Facebook page talking about what a great guy he is and how he just went crazy or just snapped. The page goes by his name.

Depends on what "under the house" means.

If he buried them in the basement (dirt floor, I'd assume), there may not have been much smell.

Also, can any locals chime in? Sometimes during radon remediation, a flue stack is installed running from the basement up through the roof to lower/remove radon from the basement. Is radon found in that area?

Humans are usually not at all good at tracking scents. If the occupants noticed an odour, they may not have realised it was coming from their own house. Or they may have thought they had plumbing problems.

This is all speculation since LE hasn't even confirmed that Sigg said that, let alone released any such information.

Basements in Colorado are concrete. In one news report I read that was posted earlier it was stated that remains were in the crawlspace. The home I grew up in in Colraod didn't have a fireplace so I don't know and if we had a crawlspace, my brothers and I never found it.

Just heard on video on kdvr.com that he confessed to "hog-tying" her and then strangling her in his car...and also the reporter referenced the "torso found in the open space". Umm....that's the first time I've heard MSM come out and admit to what part(s) of her were found in the open space. It's kdvr.com...i am sure this video will be available to go back and re-watch soon for anyone who missed it.

http://kdvr.com/on-air/live-streaming/

Sorry to even suggest this, but could he be into necrophelia?

*sigh* He looks like a typical kid. WTH happened?

He may have killed her quickly, as he seems to be saying, if his primary interest was in the dismembering.
BBM: Yes, and if he is indeed the Ketner park suspect, he had a previous unsuccessful experience with a victim who was a pain to subdue... he would want to get the (smaller) victim under control ASAP.

How sad this is. Poor lovely Jessica.

Basements in Colorado are concrete. In one news report I read that was posted earlier it was stated that remains were in the crawlspace. The home I grew up in in Colraod didn't have a fireplace so I don't know and if we had a crawlspace, my brothers and I never found it.

Our crawlspace is accessed from our basement. THere is a panel door about 4 ft off the ground; now maybe I should go see what is IN there. yuck

And truthfully, it is rather surprising how many people have been found dead under and around houses and nobody was any the wiser. I can think of half a dozen cases that either I've worked or someone I know has where remains were found close enough that you would have thought someone would have smelled something, but nope...

This doesn't surprise me at all.
John Gacy buried his victims in his crawlspace. The neighbors made several complaints about the smell . Nothing was ever done. He was politically connected.

I disagree. Ted Bundy had an idyllic childhood. Great parents, great upbringing. Immediate/extended family support.

While most of the worst have had abusive and horribly fractured childhoods, there are just as many who did not. Who came from families who loved them and would have done anything had they had an inkling their child was a serial killer in the making.

Kelly

I'm kind of obsessed with Ted Bundy and the above just isn't true.

His mother was not married when she had him and there are strong suspicions that she was pregnant by her own abusive and super controlling father. Until Bundy was about 5 years old, his family told him that his mother was his older sister (and it may literally have been true).

Bundy was also sexually abused by the father of one of his friends, probably on more than one occasion, before he was 10 years old.

It is true that Johnny Bundy seemed like a stand up guy but sadly, he was not the only male (and malignant) force in Ted's life.

It was far from idyllic.

I must say as horrific as this may sound its my somewhat relieved opinion to know that he strangled Jessica immediately upon getting her into his car.. I guess to some that may make me wrong or cold but thats just not the case as for me it hurts my heart to think of this sweet little girl being terrified and horrors inflicted upon her that imo would be far worse than death..

I am very much relieved to know that this sweet, innocent child only experienced fear, terror, or pain for a short, extremely short amount of time.. That before she could realize what monsterous clutches had taken her and then the sheer fear and terror of not knowing what was to come and then living thru a horror much worse than her little mind knew to fear... That I could not bear.. That I know her loved ones would not be able to bear..

To know that it was all over before she could even realize the horror of which she was within is in some sad way soothing..

Also the guilt Sarah is living with in her sleeping and missing the call..the guilt would be enough to make one not want to live in continually thinking and blaming herself that if she'd only answered the call..

In knowing that her little angel was already gone by the time that call was made..tho, in no way a "good thing" I do see it as some sad very minute blessing or source of solace to be able to reconcile with ones self the guilt of not answering the call.. In learning sweet little Jessica's spirit had already taken flight from her earthly body..well.. I just hope Sarah in some small way receives some sense of closure or solace and a way to push past the guilt..

My heart aches for the many whose lives have been irreversibly destroyed by the actions of this very very sick individual and it is for those who I will continue to pray for peace, solace, and any small sense of closure that may be possibly attained..

I disagree. Ted Bundy had an idyllic childhood. Great parents, great upbringing. Immediate/extended family support.

While most of the worst have had abusive and horribly fractured childhoods, there are just as many who did not. Who came from families who loved them and would have done anything had they had an inkling their child was a serial killer in the making.

Kelly

I'm pretty sure Ted Bundy had a really awful childhood. His mom was unmarried and I think very young. She later married Bundy's stepfather who adopted Ted and I think he was abusive. IIRC, his mother was an alcoholic, too.

I don't have any links, just going from my own dodgy memory.

Sociopath:

Glibness and Superficial Charm

Manipulative and Conning
They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

Grandiose Sense of Self
Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

Incapacity for Love

Need for Stimulation
Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

Callousness/Lack of Empathy
Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

Irresponsibility/Unreliability
Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility. Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

I had to step away, went down to the beach and tried to appreciate the beauty there. I'm as pleased as is realistic that he's caught and some justice can come soon. Still this is brutal. The details of what he did to Jessica, now starting to come out are going to be worse than we thought. I feel for his mom, she did something that must have ripped her apart. Kids in that community and all around who never really lived in fear are now aware of these dangers as a result of this case being so huge and horrific. I'm a grown adult and it's completely rattled me. I'm hypervigilant and analytical, but I try not to judge based on what someone wears, on its own I wouldn't judge someone for being a moritian, or gaming, or any of the things this killer seemingly projected to the world. We really just never know, do we? I guess I better read my copy of "The Gift of Fear" and then re-read Mary Ellen O'Toole's "How Gut Feelings Betray Us". All of a sudden I have no desire to watch CSI ever again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoTX local