CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One perversion that stands out is that he liked to play a game with the 11 year old neighborhood girls. Was it kick the can? Wasn't there a group of young girls and he played some sort of game with them?

There's something perverse about that. He's too old and it's all wrong. I wonder if the other children's parents knew that a 17 year old boy was with their daughters. Did they think that it was a good thing ... that their daughters were safe with a 17 year old neighborhood boy as he would keep an eye on them; keep them safe?

It was something like...catch the flag?

It is really interesting to me how little is actually known about Sigg and yet he seems to act as a screen upon which people project their opinions and fantasies about what is wrong with society today, music today, the way children are raised, etc.

But it was reported that he was treated at age 15 for a *advertiser censored* addiction. So that is an important clue to his issues, imo. I doubt it was soft romantic *advertiser censored*, either.

It is really interesting to me how little is actually known about Sigg and yet he seems to act as a screen upon which people project their opinions and fantasies about what is wrong with society today, music today, the way children are raised, etc.

It's something in him. Born with it? Environment? Not sure yet on AS yet.

If he has underlying factors to cause such sexual deviances, I haven't read about that so far here. It's something I've only just started to learn about. It's hard and I step away for long times. Trying to understand that mind is creepy. chills & scares me deeply that people can be so horribly detached to do this horrid stuff to anyone, let alone Jessica. So sad. I'll keep trying to face it. It's ugly though. jmo

I've read chloroform can be deadly also. I'll look for links tomrrow though. It was in Caylee's case from what I remember.

Either one. dang.

Any anesthetic can be deadly and I can't think of a one where the lethal dose isn't relatively easy to reach accidentally.

What I am trying to say is that the mental illness sets in (not because of *advertiser censored*) and then the mental illness somewhat expresses it's personality thru it's attraction to *advertiser censored* and violence.
I'm having a hard time explaining my thinking on this but I'll keep trying.

I think it depends upon the age of the person when they begin looking at *advertiser censored*. If a teen is 15 or 16 and already has set his sexual identity, then it might not be as negative for his psyche. Looking at it will not change who he is.

But when 10 and 11 yr olds are subjected to hard core torture *advertiser censored* and violent images, then they can be 'imprinted' in a negative way. And the *advertiser censored* and violence can be 'necessary' for them to be aroused when they grow up. It imprints itself upon their sexual identity. That is why it is important that young kids do not see drek like that.

Totally agree! I suspect this comes down to mental illness. No fault of society, upbringing, music, whatever. No way IMO!
Now, legally he won't get off with insanity because he expressed a conscience of guilt, but I do believe he is seriously mentally ill. Very very sad.

My limited experience with the mentally I'll (2 males) has been that the mental illness takes over and then the perversions follow. But it's just been what I have been exposed to. But I should include that in both cases the sexual perversions became intense and extreme.

Could there be a legal argument that Austin is mentally ill?

It makes sense. It seems like you agree with the reference posted by borndom, that not all people that look at *advertiser censored* become violent murderers, but those with a propensity towards sadism can turn fastasy into reality if they want a better high. I understood there there is a desensitization that occurs from looking at hardcore *advertiser censored*, That desensitization can lead from the first playboy to penthouse to hardcore to a point of no satiation ... and fantasy turns to reality.

If he received no satisfaction from that hard core *advertiser censored* perhaps then he decided to try murder to get his thrills & if this "source" is correct, murder wasn't enough either so he took that further too.

October 25, 2012

According to a source, when Sigg confessed to kidnapping and killing the little girl, he told police he didn’t receive the joy from it that he thought he would, so he went further

http://fox4kc.com/2012/10/25/source-suspect-told-police-jessicas-murder-brought-him-no-joy/

But it was reported that he was treated at age 15 for a *advertiser censored* addiction. So that is an important clue to his issues, imo. I doubt it was soft romantic *advertiser censored*, either.

Without knowing more about this diagnosis and treatment, I honestly don't know.

I doubt this is the situation in Sigg's case but there are people out there who, out of religious conviction, would define anyone who takes a peek in to a Playboy magazine as a *advertiser censored* addict and in need of intervention.

So even that one fact (or is it a rumour? who provided it?) needs more context for me to be able to even guess as to how it contributes to his (obvious) mental issues.

I had never heard of the V for Vendetta stuff until people here said someone in that first youtube wore a mask like that. I'll read the links you posted. I will not watch the youtube posted on the FB page. I'm creeped out enough just by the still pic. I was curious if it was the same video though since the mask seems to be the same.

I'm with you there, I hadn't heard of it either. I was pretty shocked by some of the coincidental things between the comic book, movie, and site - even more when I realized that this whole case reminded me of the movie "The Watchmen" early on, and the movie's apparently somewhat based on the V for Vendetta series. Eek.

I don't know about Colorado in particular but in most states, the question of mental illness is limited to the legal definition of sanity: did the perpetrator know right from wrong at the time of the act?

I have no doubt that Sigg meets the legal standard of sanity. I also have no doubt that he's mentally ill.

Marywings! You reminded me of a page I posted about somewhere. Classifying Sex Offenders by Subtypes. Thank you! They still scare me. But I might have a good left hand knock out if ever attacked or our family. Which one is he? I want to know more about him. Gag order, darn it.

http://www.csom.org/train/etiology/4/4_1.htm

Right. That sure as heck would get my hinky meter in overdrive!
But I think lots of people just kind of say "nah! Couldn't be what I'm thinking! He's just being a cool neighborhood boy!"
Basically it's just too unbelievable to continue to entertain the thought that goes with ones hinkey meter. ( for most people)

It seems to me that if the parents were busy and tired at the end of the day, and the girls wanted to play a game of kick the can, then the 17 year old boy amongst them might seem like a bit of a chaperone. I think those parents were more shocked than anyone else in the neighborhood ... and I'm assuming that some of them knew that their 11 year old daughters were playing a game with Austin.

I am inclined to think that Austin's interest in *advertiser censored* may have been on the side of children, as mentioned upthread, and adults. Was it a game of hide and seek that they were playing?

I'm not in the legal field but my understanding of legal insanity is that the perp would have no understanding that what he did was wrong. If I am correct then the fact that AS purposely placed her backpack miles away to hopefully throw off LE indicates his personal understanding that he did something wrong. Therefore he would not be found legally insane.
Anybody the knows differently please feel free to advise.
This is just my layman understanding of the law.

<respectfully snipped>It certainly doesn't mean that AS wasn't driving around prior to January 2012, I just think it may not have been very likely that any crimes that occurred prior to him having a driver's license and were further away (like the lady who went missing in July 2011 up on Highway 6 in the foothills) are probably not as likely as crimes he could have done on foot (possibly the 2010 Kentner Lake attempted abduction).
I agree. Also, if there's anything I've quite certain of at this point, it's that there are multiple people out there who are committing multiple crimes in the area. Also, if he couldn't successfully kidnap a 22-year-old jogger, I seriously doubt that he was able to kidnap a 38-year-old woman.

Well let's take this even further and ask why the poor kiddie raper has to go to jail in the first place, as clearly he's sick and sick people shouldn't be punished. <snipped>
You're missing the point. What I find highly disturbing is having to read about someone discussing a future rape or assault, period. It's not that he shouldn't go to jail, but I'm trying to figure out where in society it's reasonable to discuss, in fairly graphic detail, a rape you hope someone will be subjected to!

It's disgusting. I don't care who it involves.

What I care is that he is found guilty and that he remains in prison, out of society, for the rest of his life.

I completely fail to see how our society is made better by describing violence in graphic detail, for any reason. Most criminals feed on that sort of thing, so even if it's described in terms of "justice" or karma or whatever else, there's a good bet that somewhere, there's another teen reading comments like that, thinking about rape, and making plans to hurt another innocent child in our community. Fabulous! More violence. I can't wait. :banghead:

A lot of schools have WiFi. If AS had an iPod Touch or something similar he could access the internet from anywhere.
No, he couldn't access *advertiser censored* at least because the wi-fi is restricted. I can access news sites like the NYT or the Denver Post and do some web surfing. However, it's not possible to access Twitter or even Foursquare on the Jeffco system unless one has an employee login. (Trust me, I've tried.)

<respectfully snipped> I wonder if the other children's parents knew that a 17 year old boy was with their daughters. Did they think that it was a good thing ... that their daughters were safe with a 17 year old neighborhood boy as he would keep an eye on them; keep them safe?
This is where it gets tricky, I think. My church youth group, for example, often encompasses middle-school and high-school kids. It's not very big, so they are all hanging out together for activities. They're supervised, of course, but I don't think I would have found anything particularly bizarre about it when there's a big group of kids. A situation involving a 17-year-old and one or two younger kids would probably concern me, but a group of 4 or 5 or more kids playing outside seems reasonable.

Anyone know how old his younger brother is? If the younger brother is 11 or 12, that would explain a lot. There's almost 5 years between my younger sister and me, and sometimes I would play in the neighborhood with her friends despite the age difference. Most of the time I didn't, but I participated in a couple summer games of Ghost in the Graveyard with them when I was 16 or 17.

The smell the jogger said was chemical like. That's all I know. If it were chloroform it would have a smell that is sweet. Yeah, I think it could be either one and the type has already been confirmed. I hope they have the rag from the jogger's attack and from Jessica's too.

How sucky this is to post about. gah.

I don't know about Colorado in particular but in most states, the question of mental illness is limited to the legal definition of sanity: did the perpetrator know right from wrong at the time of the act?

I have no doubt that Sigg meets the legal standard of sanity. I also have no doubt that he's mentally ill.

Totally agree!

One perversion that stands out is that he liked to play a game with the 11 year old neighborhood girls. Was it kick the can? Wasn't there a group of young girls and he played some sort of game with them?

There's something perverse about that. He's too old and it's all wrong. I wonder if the other children's parents knew that a 17 year old boy was with their daughters. Did they think that it was a good thing ... that their daughters were safe with a 17 year old neighborhood boy as he would keep an eye on them; keep them safe?

“He liked to play capture the flag, and tag, and hide and go seek…"

Austin Sigg Reportedly Confessed In Jessica Ridgeway Murder, Described As ‘Shy And Creepy’

A neighbor, Brook Olds (age 13), appeared on Nancy Grace’s HLN show, saying Sigg was shy, quiet, and sometimes creeped her and her friends out.

“He liked to play capture the flag, and tag, and hide and go seek… I never really saw him hang out with anybody other than us… or like guys or anything…” Olds said.

When Grace asked the girl if Sigg ever “creeped” her “out,” Olds replied, “Yes, sometimes he did because he only wanted to play with us and the only times he wanted to was if he could come over to our house, or come in our house, or come in our backyard… he just wanted to find some way to be able to hang out with us.”

She continued, “…he would ask and ask constantly and a lot of the times we would say ‘no’ because it would kind of creep us out.”

http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/au...way-murder-described-as-shy-and-creepy-10524/

This is what I'd like to know.

Was ARS a lonely, brooding outcast as some reports suggest, or was he part of a peer group as the court attendances would indicate?

I have read reports of him staring down and frightening little girls while he was with friends.

I personally suspect he has one or more accomplices.

Which is it sleuthers? Is he a charismatic guy or a lonely misfit?

:dunno:

What scares me the most about him might very well be that I think he's both.

I think that everyone is still in shock that a 17 year was responsible for the abduction, murder and mutilation of a 10 year old child that he'd never met. It's quite astonishing for anyone to mutilate someone, let alone a child, let alone a 17 year old. Clearly something is wrong with this picture ... so why not look at society, music, virtual games, *advertiser censored*, internet ... how did this happen and, as one FBI correspondant said, is this just the tip of the iceberg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro