CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you speaking of the girl he dated twice in the 8th grade? I think they also went to church together. I doubt he would show any of his maniacal tendencies to his friends. He is quite an enigma. jmo

They met at Church ... dated in grade 8 and in high school ... it sounds like he was just a regular guy in her eyes.

"A female only identified as Danni by 9 News, told the local media outlet that the boy she knew and dated both in 8th grade and again in high school, could not have harmed anyone."

http://www.examiner.com/article/aus...ridgeway-murder-called-sweet-by-ex-girlfriend

Thanks for the update. I wouldn't want a memorial for a family member in a cold, barren open space either. Maybe someone local should set up a fund to donate a park bench in Jessica's memory.

--------------
otto I agree. A bench, maybe a rose bush or some other delicate flower would be nice and pretty also. I think that would be easier for her parents too. :seeya:

The people who are leaving stuffed animals should donate them to a hospital, shelter, charity, etc instead.

I can't help but feel bad for the other murdered children (or anyone who died as a child) who doesn't get an entire memorial garden with a Roman life story column (one of their proposed ideas).

Yes, it's a shame that the loss of life is treated so casually by many, which is why it's great to see a community coming together in this case.

Our neighborhood doesn't have any other recently murdered children, so I'm not sure I have a basis for comparison locally.

Yes, it's a shame that the loss of life is treated so casually by many, which is why it's great to see a community coming together in this case.

Our neighborhood doesn't have any other recently murdered children, so I'm not sure I have a basis for comparison locally.

I've followed many high-profile missing/murdered child cases, and I can't think of any that get this elaborate of a memorial. There has to be a reason that other communities do not opt to do that, despite being just as touched by a case. I couldn't find much on those Roman life story columns, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were built for gods, emperors, etc. IDK, I just don't feel like it's appropriate to raise one child to that sort of deity-status.

ETA: I'm reading the posts about the proposed memorial for Caylee, and some concerns were that little kids shouldn't have to be reminded of a murdered child every time they go to school, and the money could be given to an organization or charity instead.

I've followed many high-profile missing/murdered child cases, and I can't think of any that get this elaborate of a memorial. There has to be a reason that other communities do not opt to do that, despite being just as touched by a case. I couldn't find much on those Roman life story columns, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were built for gods, emperors, etc. IDK, I just don't feel like it's appropriate to raise one child to that sort of deity-status.

Well, nothing has been decided at this point, so it's a bit premature to assume that Jessica is getting an elaborate Roman story column memorial. I doubt there are sufficient funds to construct such a column, nor would I expect something so out of character with the neighborhood to receive the requisite approvals. Other suggestions, such as a flower garden or bronze sculpture/statue certainly seem more appropriate and would likely receive approval.

I'm not sure anyone here (in Westminster) is trying to deify Jessica, in any case.

There is now a sign posted where the body was found asking people not to leave items at this location. The sign is new, but I noticed that the fallen tree had been cleared quite a while ago.

picture.php

Before the sign was posted someone put up a cross a few yards to the west and people are still leaving items around the cross.
picture.php

I have never gotten the impression that he is charismatic. Where is that from?

I have nothing concrete to base my opinion on except for the statement supposedly made to LE by ARS...that he passed Jessica and turned around and grabbed her. It seems logical to think that LE would have asked where this happened. I don't see much of a reason for LE to keep that a secret at this point except that the gag order is in place so no one is really releasing anything now...even things that might not harm the ongoing investigation if it were released. So, in short, it's just my opinion that LE read ARS his rights with his mother present, then asked ARS some questions and he answered them, though maybe not all of them. The custody form does say ARS waived his rights so it is not difficult to assume he did some talking, at least at first. But of course, regarding some issues assuming is all I really can do.

I agree, krkrjx -- ARS certainly did confess to LE much worse actions on his part than where he picked her up... why not tell them? I do wonder if he was in a "show off" mood when talking with LE, or if he felt threatened and a bit intimidated... Was he gulping or glib?

Oh, I wish we knew at least the street where her walking-to-school friend lived... :waitasec: Like so many of you fellow WS'ers, these details are very important to me -- it's the way we think -- n'est-ce pas?

So disgusted right now :burn:

Grrrrrr. Yeah, me too, cox. I hope the state's Attorney General is looking into this. This is such a heartstring-tugging case -- she was a 10 year old little girl, just starting to grow up, surrounded by a loving family all around her.

People who are too far away to help with foot searches or bake sales to raise money or people who can do both, are probably glad to have a place who will accept their $5.00 or $500.00, a 5th-grade class contributing pennies, a Sunday School class, etc., etc., etc. If this "organization" is truly deceiving people, this should be prosecuted ASAP.
icon8.gif
:banghead:

I agree, krkrjx -- ARS certainly did confess to LE much worse actions on his part than where he picked her up... why not tell them? I do wonder if he was in a "show off" mood when talking with LE, or if he felt threatened and a bit intimidated... Was he gulping or glib?

Oh, I wish we knew at least the street where her walking-to-school friend lived... :waitasec: Like so many of you fellow WS'ers, these details are very important to me -- it's the way we think -- n'est-ce pas?

<modsnip>this is from #578 thread 2 scanner chatter rewind. Address of friend. Hope I have done this right and legally. If not delete. tia

She was on her way to Her friend that morning

If he lived on 107th, or the 106th Way cul-de-sac, that would have been a logical route for her -- to cut through the park... If she did cut thru, did she make it to the other side? I guess we'll just have to wait. :waitasec:

Apart from the details of horrible crime, we don't know anything definite about AS and his social life. The little, often conflicting, information we have heard has trickled out from media sources, and I take comments from his past or present classmates with a grain of salt. They are from teenagers who may or may not have known him well at all. The people who know him best of all are the least likely to be wanting to appear on camera for a 10 second grab IMO. Media tend to ask anyone nearby for their opinion in these cases, and there will always be people who don't mind being interviewed on camera, or in print as a "friend", who aren't really as in the know as they would like to appear.

So you think all these people are lying about being friends with Sigg? Are the witnesses who saw him with his friends also lying?

If that girl actually went on TV and falsely claimed to be friends, with a murderer, I think she's more mentally ill then Sigg is.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/295988/339/Ex-girlfriend-says-Sigg-was-sweet-kind-guy

Personally, I get two readings about ARS, both conflicting.

One is of a magnetic, brooding, charismatic type personality who attracts a group of admirers.

The other is of a strange loner who is bullied and shunned, and spends far too much time in creepy solitary pursuits.

Which is accurate?

Or are they both accurate?

:dunno:

Both.

Casey Anthony was confined 23/7 and it didn't seem to affect her in any way when she came out. She was still smiling and gloating. I think most of the people live in a world of their own anyway. Being cut off doesn't really affect them. jmo

Casey Anthony is hardly representative of anything.

My concerns are threefold: to treat prisoners in a humane manner, to keep prisons as safe as possible for the staff that work there and to make sure that the 5% of the wrongly convicted (as estimated by the Department of Justice) are not made mentally ill by the conditions they are unjustly held under.

Sinking to a tit for tat standard only sinks us, as a society, to the level of the Casey Anthonys.

Yes, usually the letter would have the prisoners number after their name. Plus it usually has a big stamp on it, that says something to the effect "This letter was mailed from the XYZ penitentiary". Though some facilities are kind of lazy about stamping it. So its possible that someone could get a letter from a prisoner and not know it.

Also about solitary confinement. I think it has been proven that solitary confinement is the safest way to house prisoners. Thats why they do it. The prisoners may not like it, but there is very little danger to staff when the prisoners are kept locked in their cells.

Otherwise I agree 100% with your post.

Actually, the prison system has done very little to validate the claims that solitary is safer for anyone, prisoner or staff.

The US has put itself in the position of criticising the human rights practices of other nations but we sure scream like four year olds when anyone turns the same lens on us.

In any case, there's very little chance that a prisoner could deceive a penpal as to their prisoner status. If someone chooses to become a prisoner's penpal, then I say let them make that choice. My assumption is that they are not prisoners themselves, so retain all constitutional rights.

Thanks for the update. I wouldn't want a memorial for a family member in a cold, barren open space either. Maybe someone local should set up a fund to donate a park bench in Jessica's memory.

And a little garden of violets!

Actually, the prison system has done very little to validate the claims that solitary is safer for anyone, prisoner or staff.

The US has put itself in the position of criticising the human rights practices of other nations but we sure scream like four year olds when anyone turns the same lens on us.

In any case, there's very little chance that a prisoner could deceive a penpal as to their prisoner status. If someone chooses to become a prisoner's penpal, then I say let them make that choice. My assumption is that they are not prisoners themselves, so retain all constitutional rights.

Prisoners do not retain any of their constitutional rights. After they have served their sentence they cannot even vote.

I can't help but feel bad for the other murdered children (or anyone who died as a child) who doesn't get an entire memorial garden with a Roman life story column (one of their proposed ideas).

bbm

And there are so many of them, eileen, so many. I feel sure that Jessica would be happy for each flower in her garden to represent one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966