CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I totally agree with you on the scariness of this trend , I think the craziest one I've heard of is "Skittles parties" where kids basically empty out their own stash plus their parents' medicine cabinets into a candy bowl, so you might have anything from Vicodin to Xanax to Aspirin or blood pressure meds, all in the same bowl. I haven't seen anything indicating AS was on drugs. Other than maybe the fact that none of us can comprehend this crime if he wasn't :(

I strongly suspect that this is urban legend, come to life again. I heard the very same urban legend in the 1960s except for the name Skittles. It wasn't true then and I strongly doubt that it is true now.

I think it's like fashion, wait around long enough and the same things come back in a slightly changed form. Otherwise known as "don't throw away a cashmere sweater."

I strongly suspect that this is urban legend, come to life again. I heard the very same urban legend in the 1960s except for the name Skittles. It wasn't true then and I strongly doubt that it is true now.

I think it's like fashion, wait around long enough and the same things come back in a slightly changed form. Otherwise known as "don't throw away a cashmere sweater."

ETA: this is all personal experience and I suppose borderline speculation, even though I don't think that drugs are/were an issue from what I've read so far. If it doesn't belong on this thread, my apologies and I'll delete it no problem.

Respectfully, while I wish I could agree with you I've unfortunately heard of it pretty directly, and I think I inadvertandly saw it once. I once went to a party where I was wondering why the candy was such different shapes and was surprised to see white ones, also confused about why people were so completely obsessed with the candy, and acting so weird! Thankful I didn't try any out.

I think you're right about these parties probably being around for awhile and just having a new name. I DO think they happen, though, not just urban legend, IMO. (and thank you for the reminder to hang onto my legwarmers and neon bracelets for just a bit longer, unless they're already out of fashion again ;) )

It makes me wonder if the urban legend preceded people actually doing it? Here's a little more info, hopefully an ok link: http://stopteendrugs.com/2011/09/01/skittle-parties/. And one more:
http://www.narconon.org/blog/narconon/skittles-party-by-teens-is-not-what-it-seems/

Again NOT that I think, and for sure I don't know, if AS had any link to any of these drugs, it was just something that caught my attention.

I hope you are right. But I do think with some youth the ingesting of mixed pharmaceuticals is happening.
I have (had) a family member who fresh out of high school started taking and eventually mixing pharmacy drugs. Last year he committed suicide while under the influence. He was 20.

folks.. keep in mind that any discussion of drugs is speculation and should clearly be marked as such. There is nothing in the media that says that drugs are involved in this case. Also: there is nothing in the media to indicate that Sigg is a serial killer and we are not going to try and compare him to other serial killers. Stick to what has been reported on. It may not be much at this time but that is the way it goes folks. We are now in the justice phase here. And again a reminder about pictures: if you post a picture it has to have a link. If you took a screen shot than you link to the video you took the screen shot from.

Thanks everyone.

I hope you are right. But I do think with some youth the ingesting of mixed pharmaceuticals is happening.
I have (had) a family member who fresh out of high school started taking and eventually mixing pharmacy drugs. Last year he committed suicide while under the influence. He was 20.

I'm so sorry to hear that about your family member! I agree with you, I think it's more common now. Maybe I've just gotten more aware, I don't know. I've heard of so many stories in the last year or so of people either OD'ing or thinkning about OD'ing on prescription drugs, though.

ETA: in light of Nurse's post and something I probably should've said up front, I have NO IDEA if AS was involved with drugs at all. I actually don't think so, but I wanted to clarify. I was talking very generally.

Yeah.. that was me with the power washer reference.Thanks for replying. I can't recall the brand and I guess it doesn't really matter, but I'm almost sure we have the same one - for some reason they're pretty distinctive, I even notice if a neighbor has one. If so yes, you can put just about anything into it as a cleaner. I'm sure bleach would shorten the lifespan of the washer, but if one was used and especially in this circumstance, would the person putting bleach into it care? I'm thinking probably not. Ugh. I hate thinking or typing that kind of stuff.

Thanks nikb. Most GAS powered power washers look the same as the one we are hypothesising is seen in the photo. Electric ones look different. Naturally a gas one, could only be used outdoors with ventilation, but my son has used it in the garage with the doors and windows opened...it has a LONG hose. Some garages have drains in the floor. Some garages actually have a utility sink and/or house the washer/dryer.

Thing is, these new photos of the yard are recent with (to me) obvious LE presence. You would think that they would have hauled off the power washer if it was suspected of being used in any manner, shape or form in this crime....so I'm deep-sixing that idea.

And "Yes", I don't think anyone using one for what we are thinking, would care about the destructive nature bleach would cause to the machine.

I think a plea deal will be reached. No trial. jmo

I'm so sorry to hear that about your family member! I agree with you, I think it's more common now. Maybe I've just gotten more aware, I don't know. I've heard of so many stories in the last year or so of people either OD'ing or thinkning about OD'ing on prescription drugs, though.

ETA: in light of Nurse's post and something I probably should've said up front, I have NO IDEA if AS was involved with drugs at all. I actually don't think so, but I wanted to clarify. I was talking very generally.

I also have no idea if AS was using drugs. I just want to clarify that.
But something's not right with that boy!
Jmo

11hv3oy.jpg

Quoting from the previous poster....I take umbrage with the "oven" remark, but there is value in the photograph. I believe the photos may be public domain.

OT, but when I had a creepy neighbor photographing my son, I was told by LE that as long as the photographer was not using Zoom into my house..or in other words, invading personal/private space, he was allowed to photograph anything outside my doors.

I circled in yellow THE LAUNDRY ROOM...... EXHAUST VENTS!!!!!

The laundry room was right off of the garage if not in it! UTILITY sink!!!

grrr...gonna get edited

ETA: checking Amanda's photos to make sure this wasn't photoshopped.

Quoting from the previous poster....I take umbrage with the "oven" remark, but there is value in the photograph. I believe the photos may be public domain.

OT, but when I had a creepy neighbor photographing my son, I was told by LE that as long as the photographer was not using Zoom into my house..or in other words, invading personal/private space, he was allowed to photograph anything outside my doors.

grrr...gonna get edited

Thanks ... I'll add the laundry to the "roughed in" interior floor plan.

ARS is accused of the Ketner Park attempt, which LE believe was the same perp as an earlier failed Ketner Park attempt way back in June/July 2010 IIRC.

That's over 2 years ago so if he's 17 now, he was only 15 in 2010. I wonder if somehow his parents knew/suspected his activities and that is why the "sexual addiction counselling" started at 15?

This kid has been active for a very long time...and from a very young age.

I can't help but think that there have been blind eyes turned by a lot of people. You don't just get up one day and attempt to kidnap a grown adult when you're 15 unless there has been some serious escalation beforehand.

Thank God his mother turned him in this time.

Questions need to be asked about his past, and the adults in his past, about who knew what when.

Did his parents/counsellor KNOW about the 2010 attempt? And if so, should they be prosecuted for not reporting this crime?

:banghead:

From AmandaReckonWith's album:

102412h5.jpg

Exhaust outlets NOT photoshopped!!

ARS is accused of the Ketner Park attempt, which LE believe was the same perp as an earlier failed Ketner Park attempt way back in June/July 2010 IIRC.

That's over 2 years ago so if he's 17 now, he was only 15 in 2010. I wonder if somehow his parents knew/suspected his activities and that is why the "sexual addiction counselling" started at 15?

This kid has been active for a very long time...and from a very young age.

I can't help but think that there have been blind eyes turned by a lot of people. You don't just get up one day and attempt to kidnap a grown adult when you're 15 unless there has been some serious escalation beforehand.

Thank God his mother turned him in this time.

Questions need to be asked about his past, and the adults in his past, about who knew what when.

Did his parents/counsellor KNOW about the 2010 attempt? And if so, should they be prosecuted for not reporting this crime?

:banghead:

Has law enforcement actually tied him to the 2010 attempt? Maybe they have reason to believe he was involved and just don't have enough to charge him with it.

Or, could it be, that he heard about the 2010 attempt and did a copycat in 2012?

11hv3oy.jpg

grrr...gonna get edited

ETA: checking Amanda's photos to make sure this wasn't photoshopped.

bbm:
if you got the picture from the case archive it is linked. No worries.
(just link under the picture to the case archive or say: taken from case archive)

also: the case archive is linked (in purple) in the Opening Post of the thread.

Has law enforcement actually tied him to the 2010 attempt? Maybe they have reason to believe he was involved and just don't have enough to charge him with it.

Or, could it be, that he heard about the 2010 attempt and did a copycat in 2012?

bbm: not that I am aware of:twocents:

Others probably have a link but IIRC the police did link the attacks.

:cow:

Others probably have a link but IIRC the police did link the attacks.

:cow:

where?
And if they are positively linked and he was charged for one (if that is the case) why wasn't he charged for the other?

I have seen the media basically try to tie anything unsolved to this kid.. but not the police.

If you look at the WPD twitter and facebook links they only refer to the memorial day incident. (the official source of information for the case)

https://www.facebook.com/westminsterpolice (oct 22 post linking the memorial day incident)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MandyLynn1109