CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still thinking of Jeremiah and Sarah & all of Jessica's family. I wish ARS would just plea guilty and save them and his family the anguish of a long trial. Brandon Scott Lavergne pled guilty to spare his life from the Death Penalty in the cases of Mickey Shunick and Lisa Pate. It doesn't matter that he did it to save himself, in the end it spared the victims' families from having to sit through a trial. I wish this for all victims' families. :(

There were no missing hands, head and feet. That is a wild rumor based on speculation about what "not intact" meant. There is nothing more to it.

News reports are that her torso was found at the open space, and additional remains were found in his mother's crawl space.

crawl_space_under_the_stairs.jpg

Great Graphic, otto!

*Graphic post*

I think he pulled into the garage with Jessica and took her right down the basement. I hope to god she wasn't alive because I believe he subjected her to all his twisted fantasies, dismemberment being part and parcel of his whole plan.

I think he disposed of the larger portions of her body (torso) when it was no longer feasible for him to keep it undetected. I believe that he
preserved "body parts" in some sort of solution or in a cooler with ice, in his mother's crawl space.

He dumped the backpack to send investigators off in the opposite direction he planned to dump her "not intact" remains.

We don't know whose car the Jeep was, we are assuming that it was his mother's and that there was only one family car. The family may have had two cars as the father owned many...even with a divorce, many fathers will provide a vehicle for their children, especially if needed for school. Thinking about it, the mother probably had her own car and drove herself to the police station after ARS' lengthy confession (partially over the phone). I don't think LE wanted anyone touching the Jeep which was probably mentioned in the confession.

I suspect that the mother noticed ARS acting EXTRA strange and maybe even protective of his basement "man-cave". She knew he gave a DNA swab, saw the cross on the news (or any other # of out-of-place behaviors even for ARS) and backed him in a corner with questions and he confessed.

@ otto, I truly appreciate the graphics and think you are honing in on the secondary crime scene. TY

ALL MOO

IMO, LE is still looking for more items connected to JR.

I have an acquaintance who goes to Standley Lake every day. He said that when JR went missing, WPD began seriously searching through all the marshy areas. He told me this week that they are STILL out there searching, every other day or so, several times a day.

The link below shows some pictures of the area around the lake. Standley Lake is about a mile away from Ketner lake, and 1.5 miles from Witt Elementary School.

http://www.trivago.com/westminster-34352/nature-spot/standley-lake-regional-park-151457/pictures

Very interesting post! Makes me think that they are still searching for parts of Jessica or maybe this goes WAAAY deeper than any of us imagined? Wonder if they are following up on his complete confession?

I have to give it to LE there in CO, they sure know how to play this one very close to the vest.

I have an acquaintance who goes to Standley Lake every day. He said that when JR went missing, WPD began seriously searching through all the marshy areas. He told me this week that they are STILL out there searching, every other day or so, several times a day.

The link below shows some pictures of the area around the lake. Standley Lake is about a mile away from Ketner lake, and 1.5 miles from Witt Elementary School.

http://www.trivago.com/westminster-34352/nature-spot/standley-lake-regional-park-151457/pictures

I saw LE looking in the mashes early on in the investigation when they found her little body in the field. I havent seen them doing any more searches, but if they are something is still missing or not right. I pray for Ridgeway family, this is far from over. I don't know how they are making it thru all this.

I now live 7 miles East of Ketner Lake. We have a creek and trail that runs to the north of our house. This trail runs all of the way West and may run all the way back to the CountrySide Subdivision. On Sunday Oct 21, several LE (8-10) were on the trail with metal dectors searching the ground by the stream. They marked several areas with red flags. They also had someone taking pictures and they were walking around houses in the Cedar Bridge subdivision. My husband asked them what they were looking for and they said they were not at liberty to discuss it. They had to be looking for something metal. I don't know if it was related to JR but I assumed it was. I have no idea what they were looking for or what they found. IMO

I now live 7 miles East of Ketner Lake. We have a creek and trail that runs to the north of our house. This trail runs all of the way West and may run all the way back to the CountrySide Subdivision. On Sunday Oct 21, several LE (8-10) were on the trail with metal dectors searching the ground by the stream. They marked several areas with red flags. They also had someone taking pictures and they were walking around houses in the Cedar Bridge subdivision. My husband asked them what they were looking for and they said they were not at liberty to discuss it. They had to be looking for something metal. I don't know if it was related to JR but I assumed it was. I have no idea what they were looking for or what they found. IMO

There has to be a weapon ... maybe he threw it away ...

That field is pitch black and not heavily traveled at night. ARS has been prowling that area for some time.
IMO

Yes, but isn't the common consensus, that he was doing this in the daytime, when his mother was at work and his brother in school? It's not like he could have been carrying trash bags filled with body parts in or out of the house at night when his mother was at home.

I believe that the area where body was found is deserted enough for him to have done it in the daytime. But maybe a passing car caused him to panic and leave part of the body on the side of the road.

To keep the cold air out maybe? A car may have to run for sometime, to make sure its running right. I can't think of anything worse then trying work on cold metal, after the garage door as been open for a while. At best a garage temperature would probably be around 60 degrees in cold weather. Making it colder then that by opening the door, would get pretty unpleasant for the mechanic.

KaaBoom, I appreciate your reply... I really do. And your thoughts may very well be right! (This "exhaust hole" in a garage door is totally new to me so I've never questioned pro. mechanics abt the safety concerns I'm now having... particularly the idea that AS or any non-pro. would be using this in their homes!)

BBM - To All: What I'm picturing though is that since the garage interior is well above freezing, all the mechanic has to do is start the engine while garage door is opening and/or soon thereafter. Since the temp of the car engine is above freezing to begin with, then the opening of the garage door which lets in below freezing temperature would not immediately, IMO, freeze the car engine nor the mechanic. Since, IMO, a running car engine puts out it's own heat, the mechanic could even take it on a test drive. IDK...

And, of course, if trying to test start the car fails (or the engine produces the same annoying problems as before), then the mechanic simply closes the garage door, grabs a cup of hot coffee, etc., etc.... (:

there's lots of creepy guys on CL, but I thought it was said that the person who placed the ad was AS? did he used to have roommates and moved back home? or was it a fake ad altogether?

I have heard no suggestion in MSM or anywhete but here as speculation tha AS is even remotely related to the craigs list woman or the cold creek body. I have not followed for several days, having no wish to participate in IMO wild speculation that AS is involved in every known attempted abduction or missing person within a 200 mile radius. Not that other members don't have every right to - just not my cup of tea.

Forgive my need to ask but is there a link to news that AS was posting ads on CL, either real or fake, in order to lure women?

Thanks for clarification.

So ... he had some sort of embalming lab in the crawl space of the house? I just don't understand what that is about. Seems like wild speculation.

I agree. I think some people here are way overestimating him.

The guy is just a high school drop out with a GED who had just started to attend a community college. He left evidence all over the place. He is not a genius. He is just a sociopathic killer.

I wonder if AS claims to have ditched the murder weapon or dismemberment tool(s) in the marsh or somewhere inn or around Kentner lake. Might explain searches reported with metal detectors.

I have heard no suggestion in MSM or anywhete but here as speculation tha AS is even remotely related to the craigs list woman or the cold creek body. I have not followed for several days, having no wish to participate in IMO wild speculation that AS is involved in every known attempted abduction or missing person within a 200 mile radius. Not that other members don't have every right to - just not my cup of tea.

Forgive my need to ask but is there a link to news that AS was posting ads on CL, either real or fake, in order to lure women?

I've followed the case fairly closely, and I have read absolutely nothing about Austin and Craigslist advertisements.

tlcox. I understand what you are saying, but check out this link. I have heard his DNA matches this assault.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/dna-likely-found-in-boulder-sexual-assault

moo

I agree. I think some people here are way overestimating him.

The guy is just a high school drop out with a GED who had just started to attend a community college. He left evidence all over the place. He is not a genius. He is just a sociopathic killer.

Exactly. He kidnapped Jessica one cold morning while she was walking to school. He murdered her, dismembered her, and left evidence in at least three different locations: home, the culvert on 82nd Avenue, and Superior. He is connected with an assault on a woman at Ketner Lake in May of this year. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that he had an embalming lab in his crawl space, or anywhere else. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that anyone else was involved in his criminal activities. There is nothing to suggest that he was sophisticated. He's an average, every day sociopath that targeted women and children for self gratification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali