CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't comment earlier because I was deeply offended when a member was referring to ARS as Autistic. I have a five year old Autistic son and I can tell you this.. Autistic children and adults, see the world differently than we do. They see beauty when it is not apparent to others and they love harder and deeper than a "normal" human being. They do not have it in them to severely harm others. My son has shown me a whole new world through his eyes. along with the rest of the special children that I encounter often. Autism is not a disease. It is a gift IMHO. If only we as human beings could see things the way that Autism does... what a wonderful world it would be. Thank you.

:great: Yes! My Aspie son is the same. :)

I don't remember reading where the friend and dad parked. Has it been said?

When we were discussing the Supreme Court decision regarding LWOP (days ago), I didn't realize Colorado has a law which does not allow 'children' to be sentenced to LWOP. This explains (IMHO) why prosecutors are charging AS with 17 counts, several of which have 'sentence enhancers' which would run consecutively. MOO

http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/c...mandatory-sentencing-kids-is-right?source=pkg

(snipped)

In 2006, when the full legislature deliberated this problem, it recognized children's capacity for change and abolished life without parole altogether.

What I'm seeing is the tall fence on the left, but there doesn't appear to be a sidewalk there.

This is from Bing Maps ... and it shows a small area between the tall fences where Jessica would have been out of sight of most houses. I can't quite figure out how he did this ... without parking the vehicle and stalking her a short distance.

ridgeway_possibleabductionsite.jpg

No, I saw it in person. There is a sidewalk right next to the fence. The fence is on the same side of the road as her house. The park is on the opposite side of the road. The fence I was referring to was before you get to the park, and I think you can see it in your picture, but before the area you have circled, about where you have home written. You can also see where the sidewalk next to the fence looks a lighter color than the street.

What I'm seeing is the tall fence on the left, but there doesn't appear to be a sidewalk there.

This is from Bing Maps ... and it shows a small area between the tall fences where Jessica would have been out of sight of most houses. I can't quite figure out how he did this ... without parking the vehicle and stalking her a short distance.

ridgeway_possibleabductionsite.jpg

I'm just imagining how all this could have ended quite differently had the friend's dad been at that entrance to the park to collect Jessica, or if he had called her home to ask why she was delayed.

2d0nvir.jpg

Thanks ... so you're thinking that she may have crossed the park and been abducted on the other side ... I think that's quite possible. There seem to be tall fences on both sides of the park.

No, I saw it in person. There is a sidewalk right next to the fence. The fence is on the same side of the road as her house. The park is on the opposite side of the road. The fence I was referring to was before you get to the park, and I think you can see it in your picture, but before the area you have circled, about where you have home written. You can also see where the sidewalk next to the fence looks a lighter color than the street.

There appear to be tall fences where I wrote "home", but that is also clearly visible from the houses on the other side of the street. Further down, just at the start of the park, there are also tall fences and there is nothing on the opposite side of the street.

next question - were is their Home ?

The address we had from downstairs is further away from Jessica's home than MSM reported she walked and in the wrong direction, IMHO. And, when the young friend's mother was interviewed, I noticed the area did not look the same. Sorry, I don't have a link but there was a MSM video posted.

Maybe someone else has a better answer.

IIRC, they were at their home???

The distance from Jessica's home to Chelsea Park is point one of a mile (0.1 of 1 mile = 528 feet) so in which direction did she walk to meet up with her friend at his home?. "The walk to her friend's house is slightly more than 1,000 feet." so she had to walk another 500+ feet to meet her friend at his home. Did Jessica continue around Moore Street, past the park to W 107th Ave, or did she cut through the park to W 107th Ave.?. In the article below it says "The route through the modest neighborhood of single-tract homes leads past Chelsea Park." BBM

Jessica's flyer says "Missing from area of: 107th Ave/Moore Street, Westminster, CO"

Jessica's Flyer - Westminster PD's Photos on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0151340877834305_101140992_n.jpg&size=960,720

Jessica Ridgeway: What happened to the Colorado girl?

10/21/2012

<snip> "She was supposed to meet a friend, a boy her age. The 1,000-foot walk down the street to his home should have taken four minutes, maybe five." <snip>

<snip> "Jessica headed out at about 8:30. The walk to her friend's house is slightly more than 1,000 feet.
The route through the modest neighborhood of single-tract homes leads past Chelsea Park &#8212; a pocket park with playground equipment." <snip>

<snip> "On some days, Jessica would meet friends at the park for the walk that a few blocks later cuts across open space and leads to Witt Elementary.
But on that chilly day, Jessica planned to meet her friend at his home. By 8:40 a.m., she had not arrived. With only 10 minutes until the bell rang, father and son drove off to school." <snip>

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21820092/jessica-ridgeway-what-happened-colorado-girl

The address we had from downstairs is further away from Jessica's home than MSM reported she walked and in the wrong direction, IMHO. And, when the young friend's mother was interviewed, I noticed the area did not look the same. Sorry, I don't have a link but there was a MSM video posted.

Maybe someone else has a better answer.

Here's the video where the mother of Jessica's friend gives a short interview (around the 01:29 mark) I have seen the home/address, which was given in the scanner thread as being the address of the friend, on Google Street view and that house doesn't match up with the house in this video. The house/address in the scanner thread is almost a mile from Jessica's home.

Video: From case archive - crankycrankerson's Library
http://s296.beta.photobucket.com/us...tigators-searchforJessicaRidgeway001.mp4.html

Sometimes, there's something like a 1 mile radius around the school that is considered walking distance. Students outside of that area take the school bus. Students within that area can take city transit, if it's convenient, or the parents drive the children. My son's school closed and he was transferred the another school that was considered within walking distance. He wasn't familiar with public transit, I didn't want him crossing a 6 lane road or walking in the sometimes cold weather ... so I drove him to school through grades 7-9. It actually took him three years to figure out how to get to the bus stop on time and get on the correct bus. He actually ended up at the bus depot ... way on the other side of the city one day.

I'm several pages behind the current conversation but thought I would add this. Being in education for 31 years, I know some things about busing issues. The decision on which students are transported by school bus depends on transportation budget issues. In my state, the state department of education provides funds to bus students to school if they live more than a mile and a half from their school. If they live within a mile and a half, no funds are provided by the state to transport. Some systems in my state adhere strictly to the state guidelines. Other systems, mine included, choose to provide local funds to transport students who live within a mile and a half. I know that the planning of locations for new schools can hinge on placing the schools more than a mile and a half so they can get more transportation money. The state where I grew up in the 1960s and 1970s did not transport students who lived within the city limits.

Excerpt from a post on the Timeline and Media thread.

TRANSCRIPT OF FIRST HALF OF FAMILY INTERVIEW

Reporter-
Mom, were there ever any concerns with her walking that route?

Mom-
No, last year they stopped the free bus service, now have to pay for it.. Last year there were no other kids walking to school so I always drove her.. I asked her what she wanted to do this year and she said she wanted to walk with her friend J and his older brother who goes to the middle school..

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8436798&postcount=2

The distance from Jessica's home to Chelsea Park is .1 of a mile (.1 * (1 mile) = 528 feet) so in which direction did she walk to meet up with her friend at his home?. "The walk to her friend's house is slightly more than 1,000 feet." so she had to walk another 500+ feet to meet her friend at his home. Did Jessica continue around Moore Street, past the park to W 107th Ave, or did she cut through the park to W 107th Ave.?. In the article below it says "The route through the modest neighborhood of single-tract homes leads past Chelsea Park." BBM

Jessica's flyer says "Missing from area of: 107th Ave/Moore Street, Westminster, CO"

Jessica's Flyer - Westminster PD's Photos on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0151340877834305_101140992_n.jpg&size=960,720

A mile is 5,280 feet. Don't know if that matters in your equation.

Wait, wait. Maybe I read your post wrong.

In Australia, school buses are unusual.

The kids get to school under their own steam.

The only kids who would get free transport are the Aboriginal kids, or disabled kids.

They would usually rock up in a taxi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member