CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by The Farm
It really is very very scary that children are preyed upon as a hunter would with wildlife.
The punishment needs to be swift and ending. But no it goes on and on and on and on and the killer is protected and leads a pretty secure life in jail. Where is the justice in that I ask???
This country needs to do something.

The Farm, many folks are just living their lives, and until they or someone in their family is affected by the silent epidemic, either directly or indirectly. They are simply unaware..
Due to communication advancements and the tireless efforts & voices of warriors in missing/murdered family such as John/Reve Walsh, Marc Klaas, and the many others. Folks are becoming more & more aware of this plague spreading across america,,
'Awareness is the key'..

'Alone we can do so little; together we can accomplish so much. ... Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.'
Helen Keller

Why do I get the feeling that LE has in mind who did this crime? I really feel like that have someone narrowed down, despite what else they may indicate.
Maybe I'm wrong and just wishful thinking. But this LE has been so extremely dogged in their search for Jessica. I have to think they are just as, if not more, determined to bring in her killer and bring him to justice.
After all the cases where I have been disgusted with the actions of LE (like the Holly Bobo case), this one makes me smile. How beautifully they have honored Jessica with their tireless work. This is LE at its best...

attempts are not rare, a lot go unreported. Back in the mid 1970s my sister and I were followed by a car when we were walking home from school, my mother didn't believe us even though we were shaking like leaves. Friends have related similar experiences and grab attempts that happened to them as kids too.

I live in the US, and when I was about 13 or 14, I was going to walk home from the mall by myself, in the daytime. Before I was even out of the mall parking lot (thankfully!) a guy tried to persuade me to get in his car so he could drive me home. After I refused several times, he shouted obscene intentions at me and drove away. I was terrified and returned to the mall to call my dad to pick me up. It was very disturbing to me, however, that my dad didn't seem upset by the incident, or report it to police or anything. Was it such a commonplace thing that he didn't think much of it? This was in the 1970's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The Farm, many folks are just living their lives, and until they or someone in their family is affected by the silent epidemic, either directly or indirectly. They are simply unaware..
Due to communication advancements and the tireless efforts & voices of warriors in missing/murdered family such as John/Reve Walsh, Marc Klaas, and the many others. Folks are becoming more & more aware of this plague spreading across america,,

'Alone we can do so little; together we can accomplish so much. ... Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.'
Helen Keller

But being AWARE does not stop it from happening!

We are AWARE these men are out there.
They shouldnt be! We arrest them and release them over and over again
We tell them to register they dont they leave the state and go somewhere else.

Its time to get some vacant land and put all these pedophilles and SO's there
and keep them there forever. Let them rape each other!

Why do I get the feeling that LE has in mind who did this crime? I really feel like that have someone narrowed down, despite what else they may indicate.
Maybe I'm wrong and just wishful thinking. But this LE has been so extremely dogged in their search for Jessica. I have to think they are just as, if not more, determined to bring in her killer and bring him to justice.
After all the cases where I have been disgusted with the actions of LE (like the Holly Bobo case), this one makes me smile. How beautifully they have honored Jessica with their tireless work. This is LE at its best...

I'm getting that feeling too, especially with the news about the cell phone towers.

I live in the US, and when I was about 13 or 14, I was going to walk home from the mall by myself, in the daytime. Before I was even out of the mall parking lot (thankfully!) a guy tried to persuade me to get in his car so he could drive me home. After I refused several times, he shouted obscene intentions at me and drove away. I was terrified and returned to the mall to call my dad to pick me up. It was very disturbing to me, however, that my dad didn't seem upset by the incident, or report it to police or anything. Was it such a commonplace thing that he didn't think much of it? This was in the 1970's.

Something similar happend to me but my Mom called the cops and they caught the guy. This was at a baseball park he wanted my friend and I to go in the dugout!

attempts are not rare, a lot go unreported. Back in the mid 1970s my sister and I were followed by a car when we were walking home from school, my mother didn't believe us even though we were shaking like leaves. Friends have related similar experiences and grab attempts that happened to them as kids too.

a few that were not taken by parents

The Beaumont children

Eloise Worledge

Sharon wills (found alive) - I had met the family a few times through my then partners friends
Nicola Lynas (found alive)
Karmein Chan (found deceased)

Sheree Beasley (found deceased)

Daniel Morcombe (his remains were recently discovered)

I'm in this club too. When I was about 7 in 1976 in So Cal a guy tried taking me out of the front yard. Unfortunately U waited an hour before telling anyone (I was embarrassed because he started talking to me about his penis first. My parents called the police...there was a helicopter looking for him. Ad far as I know they never got him. That's a guilt I carry with me..,,that I waited to tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuckerschnecke
This leads me to my other question....what led them to that spot with the body? I don't think they just happened upon it, they were given a clue or the perp messed up, as indicated in the comments on the newspaper site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footwarrior
It was reported yesterday that the body was discovered by workers picking up trash along Leyden Road. Probably the guys wearing the light green safety vests in this photo.

Footwarrior, it was prolly folks serving out their community service, imo.
Ironically, even with the tremendous amount of resources used in the search for Jessica Ridgeway, most abduction victims and other missing/murdered persons are eventually located by hunters, fishermen, hikers, dog walkers, and other outdoors persons...
The American public is the eyes and ears and a very valuable resource for investigators..

This video was referenced in thread #2:

http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=1884594515001

The bloodhounds are mentioned several times after the 4:40 mark. The reporter initially states that after the bloodhounds got a scent from the backpack, they went down Indiana Ave. toward Superior Elementary School and a while later they were brought back up the street. He again mentioned the bloodhounds going up and down Indiana Ave., so I'm not sure where the trail ended.

Every time this comes up I have a thought, but until now I haven't had the chance to post it. We really don't know that the dogs TRACKED scent. We only know that the handlers and the dogs walked towards the elementary school and back - and it may have just been an exploration for a scent trail. Unless LE or a handler says directly that they were following a scent trail, there really is no way to know this just by watching. I hope Sarx sees this and chimes in on it. I also hope it makes sense.

This leads me to my other question....what led them to that spot with the body? I don't think they just happened upon it, they were given a clue or the perp messed up, as indicated in the comments on the newspaper site.

SBM

Various media reports have said that the body was found by trash collectors who were following their regular schedule.

I have to agree. It was the Mickey Shunick case that brought me here to Websleuths. For weeks, I was convinced that LE was doing a crap job. Turns out they had their eye on her killer the entire time. I have my fingers crossed that this is a similar situation with regard to LE and the perp.

Bless Jessica's sweet heart.

I'm in this club too. When I was about 7 in 1976 in So Cal a guy tried taking me out of the front yard. Unfortunately U waited an hour before telling anyone (I was embarrassed because he started talking to me about his penis first. My parents called the police...there was a helicopter looking for him. Ad far as I know they never got him. That's a guilt I carry with me..,,that I waited to tell.

You were a baby! You should not carry one little bit of guilt, you were not even close to responsible for that situation.

:blowkiss:

Former FBI profiler Clint Van Zandt says the condition of the body, which was described by Westminster police spokesman Trevor Materasso as "not intact," indicates an experienced killer.

"And if it is such a person who would do such a grisly act, it is someone who is fully capable of doing this again. And not withstanding investigators are racing against the clock to try to find the offender, before he or she might strike again," Van Zandt said.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/294021/339/FBI-Profiler-says-Jessica-suspect-could-strike-again

This would lend me to believe it's not the friend's father.

I'm getting that feeling too, especially with the news about the cell phone towers.

What about the cell towers?I have been babbling about them for days, but had not seen anything, lol...

What about the cell towers?I have been babbling about them for days, but had not seen anything, lol...

LOL, Clu....you beat me to the punch! I am so sleep deprived trying to following this case. I must have missed the info about cell towers...

Every time this comes up I have a thought, but until now I haven't had the chance to post it. We really don't know that the dogs TRACKED scent. We only know that the handlers and the dogs walked towards the elementary school and back - and it may have just been an exploration for a scent trail. Unless LE or a handler says directly that they were following a scent trail, there really is no way to know this just by watching. I hope Sarx sees this and chimes in on it. I also hope it makes sense.

That does make sense, that they weren't TRACKING--because what are the chances that the backpack was walked there and deposited, anyway?

Anyone else thinking the MAJOR press conference they are having this afternoon may be that they have a person in custody? A lot of vague but interesting busy-ness was going overnight in the scanner I think... i for one am very hopeful.

I don't really know the right way to put this:

This is the worst kind of nightmare for Jessica's parents, but at least they have an answer as horrible as it is. At least they are not going to spend-possibly the rest of their lives-looking for her, not knowing where she is.

I know they want her alive and well and would give anything to turn back time. The anguish and hell they are going through causes a pit in my stomach for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickirickicito