GUILTY CO - Jordan Vong, 7, found deceased, Denver, 6 Aug 2018 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't think my son idolized him. He was fond of some of his music, but he realizes that performers are just people. I think he mostly went as an adventure (he was only 17 at the time and it was his first road trip with a buddy) and he got to meet other rappers while he was there.
Let me add to this by saying my son had already graduated from high school, moved out and was a month from turning 18 when this happened. I wasn't thrilled that he went by any means, but there wasn't much I could do about it. If he had still lived under my roof, I wouldn't have let him go. It wasn't mommy approved whatsoever, lol.

Just found this thread. What a horrendous crime. That poor sweet boy!

Looking at JB's IG I find her very cold. Even in the smiling photos she has cold eyes. I have no doubt Jordan was on the receiving end of her anger and frustrations with no fault of his own. This girl gives me chills.

Regarding the autopsy, my guess is they are trying to determine whether he died from being smothered or in another way - a kick to the chest perhaps? The former could be argued to be intentional while kicking and killing him could be argued to be a "heat of the moment" thing (and not first degree murder)? Idk.

Looking at JB's IG I find her very cold. Even in the smiling photos she has cold eyes. I have no doubt Jordan was on the receiving end of her anger and frustrations with no fault of his own. This girl gives me chills.

Regarding the autopsy, my guess is they are trying to determine whether he died from being smothered or in another way - a kick to the chest perhaps? The former could be argued to be intentional while kicking and killing him could be argued to be a "heat of the moment" thing (and not first degree murder)? Idk.

Good points on the differentiation. I was just hesitating by them saying it would be weeks which made me think of Toxicology. But I follow what you are saying, and I'm thinking perhaps the bruise that was not identified on his chest could have been her putting a knee on him to keep him down on him while she was smothering him. I hate to say that. They may already have an idea, but I bet they want to cross all the t's and Dot their i's and make sure there is no surprise as far as toxicology.

The reports we have seen said that there are biological fluids in addition to blood out of his nose. That reinforces that he was crying at the time perhaps as it was mucus from his nose from crying? I just can't fathom.

Good points on the differentiation. I was just hesitating by them saying it would be weeks which made me think of Toxicology. But I follow what you are saying, and I'm thinking perhaps the bruise that was not identified on his chest could have been her putting a knee on him to keep him down on him while she was smothering him. I hate to say that. They may already have an idea, but I bet they want to cross all the t's and Dot their i's and make sure there is no surprise as far as toxicology.

The reports we have seen said that there are biological fluids in addition to blood out of his nose. That reinforces that he was crying at the time perhaps as it was mucus from his nose from crying? I just can't fathom.
So awful. :(

Yes knee on his chest is also a possibility. They want to make sure they can prove what exactly she did. She will no doubt claim it was an accident. The biological fluids could also be vomit? Maybe he suffocated on it because she held his mouth closed. Terrible to imagine how poor Jordan must have suffered :(

Just joining this thread...
I'm still very saddened and mystified about Jordan saying, "I don't have no friends..." and always found playing by himself on the playground. Why? A seven year old should be socialized enough to interact socially with children of his own age -- what prevented him from this? I guess it doesn't matter now, but IMO it puts an odd flavor to this poor little boy's life. Another precious gift to the world is gone, just gone.

Wow just wow just wow. That has got to be theeeee most awesome, thorough, respectful, informational, patient, communicative, professional, impressive PC I ever seen. “Joe” is awesome.

FBI Safe Streets Task Force...

THIS is a great example of effectively communicating with the public.

For those who haven’t watched this and those who are new to these types of investigations, some procedural information is outlined/explained.
Same here -- I noticed, many times, how respectful he was to questioners and how sad he seemed throughout the PC. Very eloquent and down-to-earth, following protocol but patient. I was very impressed.

To be fair, my kids have said things like this when it was not the case. My youngest says things of this sort to get his way sometimes...especially when I say no to a playdate or sleepover. "He's my only friend." (He uses this one a lot even though it's a different child each time, lol.) "This is why I don't have any friends." It's not true at all, he's just trying to build a better case. He also tells his sister and older brother things of this sort to get them to play video games with him. He's a clever little booger now that I think about it because it usually gets him his way. Jordan may have felt that way at that moment because no one else was available to play at that time and he wanted the older girls' attention. I'm not saying he told a fib on purpose, but it may have been just the way he felt on that particular day and not every single day.

I hope that made some kind of sense, lol.

I thought of this because of the videos of the neighbors saying their kids would be crushed and the teacher saying all those nice things about him. I'm sure he had friends and I would like to believe he had a happy life and it's sad that all of that was taken away from him.

Face tats on 15 year olds though? I get that a lot of parents don’t care, but face tats are pretty extreme. It seems like parental supervision wasn’t exactly rampant in that household imo.
I don't know anything about tattoo laws in Colorado, but here in NC, a minor (under 18) must have parental approval -- at least when the tattoo shop is registered and legitimate. My co-worker's son, who was 16, wanted one, but she wouldn't give her approval. This happened about 10 years ago.

The tattoo on her face looks like it was poorly done (IMO, but I'm certainly no judge of tattoos) -- I know that prisoners can somehow get tattoos in prison, so there must be a way for a non-professional to do one. Maybe some friend of hers was able to do it, or knew someone who could.

Last edited:
From The Denver Post

Jordan Vong murder accused faces court

"Jennie Bunsom’s parents were not present in the courtroom.

Bunsom’s attorneys asked the judge whether the teen could be appointed a guardian ad litem, meaning someone to investigate what would be in the best interest of the child. No parents or family members were present in the courtroom.

Family members and friends have been vocal about the situation on social media, posting about their sadness, anger, confusion and feelings of betrayal about the tragedy.

Bunsom is scheduled to appear in court again on Aug. 24."

Where were her parents or other family members? What does it indicate -- if anything? Were they unable to come? Have they washed their hands of her? Did she walk out on them? I'm certainly not trying to mitigate what she has done, but who knows what made her do what she did? It's just sad all the way around. If she has been in trouble before, her record would not be available to the public -- but it can be referred to at trial. There are two lost young people in this situation. SMH
But how could someone look at Jordan's sweet little face and just want to hug him?

I have seen several trials where the actual charge brought against the defendant was 1st degree murder only, but the judge added 2nd degree in the "Charge to the Jury." The judge did not want to see a hung jury because one or more jurors may have been convinced that the murder was not premeditated. From what we know so far, I think in this case, a 2nd degree charge should also be included for the jurors to consider.
IIRC and I could be thinking of another highly publicized case, in the Casey Anthony case, the charge was 1st degree murder only. I truly believe if the jury had been given a choice of 2nd degree, there would have been a conviction. 20--30 years is better than acquittal -- it certainly would have been for Casey Anthony. JMO.

bbm
My immediate thought as soon as the chest bruise was mentioned.

Yes knee on his chest is also a possibility. They want to make sure they can prove what exactly she did. She will no doubt claim it was an accident. The biological fluids could also be vomit? Maybe he suffocated on it because she held his mouth closed. Terrible to imagine how poor Jordan must have suffered :(
And if her using her knee or some other item exacting force, IMO that would seem to rule out heat of the moment. Premeditation can be a very short time, as we all know. She could have stopped holding his nose & mouth and helped or let him start breathing again -- but it looks like she didn't do that. Let's hope we hear more details soon.

Just looking through the "Recent Crime in Montbello" article from The Denver Post, looking for "4970 Fairplay St." and saw an entry for Monday, June 18. I'm not going to show it here, but it was interesting...

Montbello's Recent Crime Report: Denver Crimes
Oh boredom, Kids just don't have a fighting chance here. I always complained about the super strict upbringing I had as a child. In some ways it was damaging, but I know for sure that it saved my life and I would not be typing here at 73 years old without my cruel upbringing. Yeah. double-edge sword.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akwy
Back