GUILTY CO - Jordan Vong, 7, found deceased, Denver, 6 Aug 2018 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was she a hard drug user?

It is so hard to imagine why or how a 16 yr old Auntie could harm her little nephew. I just don't understand. When my nieces were 15 and 16, my boy was about 7. They loved him more than anything. I cannot imagine them doing something so brutal and horrible. It is devastating to think about.

Jordan Vong death investigation ruled homicide by coroner

According to a probable cause statement: (paraphrased by me): Jordan came to bedtroom of the 16 y/o, asked if she wanted to okay video games; she told him no, to go upstairs; instead, he laid on her bed, so she pushed him off and he hit face on floor. Then, when he cried she covered his mouth and nose....

Jordan stopped moving and she slid his body under her bed. The suspect later took the body from under the bed, wrapped it in a blanket, and placed it in one of two portable closets in her room, the document said.

Paramedics with Denver Health Medical Center at the home on Wednesday said in the statement that Jordan’s body had a towel and comforter wrapped around his head and “biological matter” and blood around his nose. An unknown imprint was on his chest.

According to a probable cause statement: (paraphrased by me): Jordan came to bedtroom of the 16 y/o, asked if she wanted to okay video games; she told him no, to go upstairs; instead, he laid on her bed, so she pushed him off and he hit face on floor. Then, when he cried she covered his mouth and nose....

Jordan stopped moving and she slid his body under her bed. The suspect later took the body from under the bed, wrapped it in a blanket, and placed it in one of two portable closets in her room, the document said.

Paramedics with Denver Health Medical Center at the home on Wednesday said in the statement that Jordan’s body had a towel and comforter wrapped around his head and “biological matter” and blood around his nose. An unknown imprint was on his chest.
I'm definitely not buying her story.

UPDATED: August 13, 2018 at 6:38 pm
The article has been updated three times so far.
The Denver District Attorney’s Office said Monday that the girl, who was not immediately identified by name, is being charged on suspicion of murder in the first-degree after deliberation and child abuse resulting in death.

The defendant’s first appearance in district court has not yet been scheduled.

Prosecutors file murder, child abuse charges against 16-year-old aunt accused in Jordan Vong's death

It appears in this article that they will be naming the aunt

"The girl, whom prosecutors and police say they are not identifying until the clerk accepts the filed charges, ....."

This link has a newscast video but it will not play for me for some reason.
The video pretty much repeats what's in the article. It took a minute for it to play for me - I had to wait for the popup ads to go away. Harrumph.

The "unknown imprint" on his chest suggests that her shove was a hard one - or maybe something else altogether. I'm not buying her story either just yet, I think this was more than being annoyed at a little kid bugging her. Anyone else think we'll hear that she has a troubled past?

The video pretty much repeats what's in the article. It took a minute for it to play for me - I had to wait for the popup ads to go away. Harrumph.

The "unknown imprint" on his chest suggests that her shove was a hard one - or maybe something else altogether. I'm not buying her story either just yet, I think this was more than being annoyed at a little kid bugging her. Anyone else think we'll hear that she has a troubled past?

Another aunt put out a fundraiser the day the girl was arrested
( the link is at Police Arrest 16-Year-Old In Connection With Jordan Vong’s Death ) , so I'm thinking possibly this girl was estranged from the family and living in her cousin's basement due to such? I found of interest that the fundraiser is stated to be given to the grandfather that lives in another state for the funeral plans.

I just cannot fathom the family Dynamics at this tragic time for all involved.

Another aunt put out a fundraiser the day the girl was arrested
( the link is at Police Arrest 16-Year-Old In Connection With Jordan Vong’s Death ) , so I'm thinking possibly this girl was estranged from the family and living in her cousin's basement due to such? I found of interest that the fundraiser is stated to be given to the grandfather that lives in another state for the funeral plans.

I just cannot fathom the family Dynamics at this tragic time for all involved.

Idk, I remember reading that a lot of kids lived in the house. So idk if she was estranged. This is strictly my opinion but I think she may have been caught up in her social media personality, thinking who she was, and didn’t have time for a 7 year old cramping her style. She may have been put in charge of watching the younger kids in the house, which would explain why the cops weren’t called earlier to report him missing. All just my opinions.

Nah, you don't die from someone covering your nose and mouth to stop crying. It would become obvious and have to be pretty forceful for a long time to actually kill the poor baby. How do you kill a child with your bare hands? So much not ok here. The sweet baby was actually wanting to play with her and she killed him.

I am relieved that she will be tried as an adult. If her account is accurate, then, she must have had prior run ins with many people. Her actions in killing him are so out of proportion with him refusing to leave her room. Poor Jordan must have been so confused and terrified. First,she made him hit is face/head so hard that he was injured. I would imagine he thought her next actions of coming toward him would have been concern or care. RIP, Jordan. I am so sorry this monster was your aunt and in charge of you that day.

I also don't believe that covering a 7 year old's mouth and nose with your hands and killing him that way is possible. Most 7 year old's could wriggle out of that.
If he was her nephew, it would have either been her sister's house or her parents and the boy's grandparents house.

Idk, I remember reading that a lot of kids lived in the house. So idk if she was estranged. This is strictly my opinion but I think she may have been caught up in her social media personality, thinking who she was, and didn’t have time for a 7 year old cramping her style. She may have been put in charge of watching the younger kids in the house, which would explain why the cops weren’t called earlier to report him missing. All just my opinions.

Yup, i believe their mom, like 4 sisters (juve being one) and the sisters children all lived in that house.

jordan-vong1.jpg

16-Year-Old Girl To Be Charged As Adult In Death Of 7-Year-Old Boy

The teen, Jordan’s aunt, remained in custody on Monday. Denver District Attorney Beth McCann plans to charge the teen as an adult with one count of first-degree murder after deliberation. The charges allege that the as-yet unidentified teen, killed her nephew, then wrapped his body in a blanket and hid him in a portable closet in her basement bedroom.
16-Year-Old Girl To Be Charged As Adult In Death Of 7-Year-Old Boy

16-year-old girl faces charges as adult in death of her 7-year-old nephew at their Montbello home
Coroner rules the death a homicide, cause of death still pending

The Denver District Attorney’s Office said Monday that the 16 yr old girl, who was not immediately identified by name, is being charged on suspicion of murder in the first-degree after deliberation and child abuse resulting in death.
On Monday, the coroner’s office ruled his death a homicide, but the cause of death has not been determined.

According to a probable cause statement, the teenage girl was in her basement bedroom on Aug. 6, upset about an earlier argument with a girlfriend. Jordan went to her room and asked if she wanted to play video games.

“She told Jordan she didn’t want to play with him and told him to go upstairs,” the court document said.

“She didn’t tell any of her family what she had done to Jordan because she was afraid,” the statement said. “Nor did she tell any of her family where she had hid Jordan.”

When a search warrant was executed at the home on Wednesday, a detective found the body at 8:46 p.m., according to the court document.

The defendant’s first appearance in district court has not yet been scheduled.

Body found wrapped in blanket in basement closet

The girl, whom prosecutors and police say they are not identifying until the clerk accepts the filed charges, was arrested last Wednesday after Jordan Vong’s body was discovered inside his family’s home the night before. She had been held without bond since Thursday for investigation on a first-degree murder charge and had a juvenile court hearing scheduled for Tuesday.

Contact7 Investigates has confirmed the girl lived in the same house as Vong and his family. The Denver District Attorney's Office additionally confirmed that the girl is Vong's aunt.

She will be charged as an adult after Monday’s filing with 1) first-degree murder after deliberation, and 2) felony child abuse resulting in death.

Prosecutors file murder, child abuse charges against 16-year-old aunt accused in Jordan Vong's death

DENVER, CO – The juvenile aunt of 7-year-old Denver homicide victim will be charged for his death, Denver District Attorney Beth McCann's office announced Monday.

The girl, whose age was not given, will be charged as an adult with first-degree murder and child abuse, the DA's office announced. Notice of intent to direct-file the charges in District Court was filed Monday afternoon.

The girl is accused of killing her nephew Jordan Vong, then wrapping his body in a blanket and hiding him in a portable closet in her basement bedroom in the 4900 block of Fairplay Street.

Vong was reported missing from his Montebello home Aug. 6, around 4:30 p.m., and police announced the next evening that he had been found dead. They announced they had made an arrest of a juvenile female relative.

No court date scheduled yet.
Juvenile Aunt To Be Charged As Adult In Death Of Nephew, 7

Tuesday, August 14th:
*Status Hearing/Return Filing of Charges (@ 10am MT) – CO – Jordan Vong (7) (reported missing August 6, 2018, found 8/8/18) – Juvenile (16) arrested (8/8/18) & charged (8/9/18) with 1st degree murder. Held without bond. Closed door hearing.
8/13/18 Update: Denver District Attorney’s Office said Monday that the girl, who was not immediately identified by name, is being charged on suspicion of murder in the first-degree after deliberation and child abuse resulting in death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daisy-mae-pinkerton
Back