CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this the same initials/person that someone noted last night had their mood up as "relaxed"? I don't have FB/MS so I can only go by what others here post.

It is that same person, but the MS mood was actually "relax", not "relaxed". Soon after that, she posted on FB about pains in her chest, which caused me to interpret the "relax" mood as being more a directive to herself than a reflection of how she was actually feeling.

I just thought about how unlikely a person with a medical issue like this would be to put themselves in a situation where the meds aren't refillable. She must be dependent on the inhaler, to want to take it in her pocket.

sfjyc0.jpg

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! This makes it so much easier to forward the important information for the guests who are reading along and for those who have just joined.

I appreciate this so much. :blowkiss: ;) :highfive:

Is there anyone willing to put together a picture with Kayleah, the red inhaler, and her description along with what she was last seen wearing? THANKS to anyone who is great with manipulating pics. darlingal or rubyred?
25uljll.jpg

I just thought about how unlikely a person with a medical issue like this would be to put themselves in a situation where the meds aren't refillable. She must be dependent on the inhaler, to want to take it in her pocket.

Good point! Which would point to her not being gone of her own accord (runaway). Although....not sure if a little girl would even think that far in advance....having a new, full one in her pocket, a child might think "hey I'm all set" :-(

PERFECT darlingal! I was just going to ask that you put the info about NOT touching the inhaler - LE want fingerprints. I have to remember post #44 so I can forward it later.

ETA: Guests log on to WS looking for up-to-date information and this info is all in one comment. I, and hopefully others, will forward this as we move along in pages. All of it is important information for the person needing to know more about this case. TIA

Maybe she relies upon it in certain situations, like smoky rooms or in houses with cats. I am still not clear on where the alleged party was, but perhaps she was planning on encountering an irritant.

Yeah :waitasec: Who knows, huh?

I still stand firm on my belief that the history of Kayleah's family home life & perceived socioeconomic status were what delayed the GPD's belief that they should have treated her disappearance more seriously in the first 48 hours.

NO NO NO...Sorry but NO I am highly disturbed over this comment....NO NO....cops don't act like that! Demeanor tells all-the demeanor of a parent while reporting etc......THAT is a major defining factor...
KAI I think you ROCK but this comment hurts!

She is basically a teenager and they do not think about that stuff..

She is basically a teenager and they do not think about that stuff..

She's probably been conditioned to take it along with her. Spring is here... lots of irritants in the air.

NO NO NO...Sorry but NO I am highly disturbed over this comment....NO NO....cops don't act like that! Demeanor tells all-the demeanor of a parent while reporting etc......THAT is a major defining factor...
KAI I think you ROCK but this comment hurts!

Sorry. I wasn't trying to hurt anyone. :(

Neither the family's demeanor nor where she lived should have been a consideration. She is 12 years old. The police really screwed up here. Those critical first hours are gone forever.

I will say again that LE is forced to make judgement calls all the time about whether a teen (or almost teen) could be a runaway and sometimes make the wrong ones, but they do judge in a sense, the feel of the home and the family dynamics and the social life of the child missing...and some of the facts in this case COULD have sent the message that a runaway was possible; and LE is made up of humans, who make judgements and errors all the time. I would think in this case that they at least put out a BOLO that first night, when there was not much else that could be done at that hour?

In any case, 12 is too young to not take seriously when missing, even if she did run away, by late at night, and I don't think anyone was trying to degrade LE here or people in lower economic situations.

Investigators are sending dive teams into a lake on the southwest side of Greeley in what they are calling a vital search area as they look for a 12-year-old girl who has been missing for nearly a week.
adlabel_horz.gif

Kayleah Wilson was last seen last Sunday at about 3:40 p.m. when she left her home to walk to a friend's birthday party across a busy highway about a mile from her home.
Saturday, the Weld County posse, a group of officers on horses, was used to search a large area near the Homestead Lakes area in Greeley.
Crews also started looking in a lake with dive teams on Saturday afternoon, saying it was an important part of the search for the sixth grader. Firefighters with the Union Colony Fire Department were at the lake with the FBI.
More than 600 motorists passing near the area Friday were stopped by Greeley Police and asked if they had seen anything Sunday night.
Greeley Police Sgt. Joe Tymkowych says authorities have gone to Kayleah's favorite hangouts, searched along the highway, interviewed friends, family, and acquaintances, and have contacted registered sexual offenders who live nearby.
Both Greeley Police and the FBI have repeatedly made pleas to the public for any information on her whereabouts.
They say they do have some leads, but cannot comment on them.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=135910&catid=222

Okay,I'm not good at mapmaking, but here is my thoughts on the route Kayleah took to get to the party. I think she would take the shortest route possible. My line is the one that runs diagonally. My apologies if this has been discussed in an earlier post. I'm not a plagiarist, I'm merely senile. I hope this works! http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=1900+30th+St,+Greeley,+CO+80631&gl=us&ei=ZrS3S9jDDpGotgP-hbnpDA&ved=0CAgQ8gEwAA&hl=en&msa=0&msid=100810649681211505125.0004835c22c1ab3828e6c&ll=40.39142,-104.719706&spn=0.007093,0.01929&z=16

PS- whatever LE may have thought initially, and we are not sure, I do think they feel she has met some kind of harm by now...foul play or accidental...

Tonight will be 7 nights missing for Kayleah - that's a long time for a 12yo! If she isn't found in the water - maybe it's time to call Tim Miller and Equusearch and all the wonderful people who work along side Tim.

This is so very sad for all who love and care for Kayleah - hope they find her soon.

Texas EquuSearch Mounted Search & Rescue
4013 FM 517, Suite B
Dickinson, Texas 77539

P. O. Box 395
Dickinson, Texas 77539
Office: (281) 309-9500
Fax : (281) 534-6719
Toll Free: (877) 270-9500

http://texasequusearch.org/category/info/

If you have any questions, or need to contact our organization, please contact our office at any phone number above or email us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill