CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many 18yo do people know who first of all - get a 12yo pregnant and second of all - murder her when finding out? Robert is being discussed as though he is some normal kind of teen who has the social skills, intelligence, and ambitions comparable to most teens. Come on - he is a predator! And nothing more!

Had sex with a 12yo and thought nothing of it. Used her brother to gain access to her - not because he cared but because of his need for power and control over her. IMO Kayleah was groomed, used, and when she became inconvenient she was murdered, thrown in a ditch, and left to rot. Just what every normal 18yo guy does - right? MOO (speculation regarding murder)

Haven't heard of a single, normal thing this guy has done - no other relationships, how about graduation, plans for the future, other girl friends during high school, friends - IMO this guy is despicable, dangerous, and an insult to mankind. moo mho speculation about murder

I agree, eyes. The news articles are upsetting me. Robert wasn't a 'boyfriend' - he was a little girl's attacker, Kayleah's rapist. They didn't 'have sex' - no 12 year old child has sex - they are molested, raped. Robert repeatedly assaulted, attacked, raped Kayleah.

Robert is an attacker, a rapist - not a boyfriend. And he preyed on Kayleah - he is a predator.

I'm going to make a conscious effort to use the appropriate words and language about what happened to this little girl during the months prior to her murder.

I agree, eyes. The news articles are upsetting me. Robert wasn't a 'boyfriend' - he was a little girl's attacker, Kayleah's rapist. They didn't 'have sex' - no 12 year old child has sex - they are molested, raped. Robert repeatedly assaulted, attacked, raped Kayleah.

Robert is an attacker, a rapist - not a boyfriend. And he preyed on Kayleah - he is a predator.

I'm going to make a conscious effort to use the appropriate words and language about what happened to this little girl during the months prior to her murder.
Thank you so much for putting it in the proper perspective. A 12 y/o doesn't "consent" and there isn't anything right, imo, about an 18 y/o choosing someone that age as his "girlfriend". I agree, he is a predator. MOO

How many 18yo do people know who first of all - get a 12yo pregnant and second of all - murder her when finding out? Robert is being discussed as though he is some normal kind of teen who has the social skills, intelligence, and ambitions comparable to most teens. Come on - he is a predator! And nothing more!

Had sex with a 12yo and thought nothing of it. Used her brother to gain access to her - not because he cared but because of his need for power and control over her. IMO Kayleah was groomed, used, and when she became inconvenient she was murdered, thrown in a ditch, and left to rot. Just what every normal 18yo guy does - right? MOO (speculation regarding murder)

Haven't heard of a single, normal thing this guy has done - no other relationships, how about graduation, plans for the future, other girl friends during high school, friends - IMO this guy is despicable, dangerous, and an insult to mankind. moo mho speculation about murder

I don't know about the murder part, but I think it is pretty likely that a lot of girls that get pregnant at around that age do in fact have boyfriends in the older teens. Ages 12-13 is when most people start exploring their sexuality, and chances are if they are doing that with other people, it will be with people more experienced than them, not someone as inexperienced as them.

I've just erected a natal chart for this person, (ex b.f.), which may explain a little more to you about his personality.
It can be seen here:

May Kayleah now, RIP. Condolences heartfelt to her family.

leomoon

Okay. Here's my take on this. This is just MHOO and all that good stuff.

When I was in high school and 16 years old, I had a very good girl friend who was 12 and another great guy friend who was 18. I was the only one who drove and had a car, so I toted them both around and they both spent considerable time at my parents house. This girl-- she was well matured both physically and mentally and you would have never known she was 12 years old. In fact, me being 16, I didn't think anything of her being 12-- she acted just like me and if anything was a little more mature than I was. My parents LOVED her and welcomed her into our home at any time-- the same with my guy friend. He always came over and played video games with my dad. (Who was the chief of police at the time before he retired.) Great kids.

Now, I'm sure you can see where this is going... my two friends ended up in a relationship. Yes, I knew, but due to the fact of their ages, we kept it secret from everybody. I did not tell my parents because I knew that my dad would be obligated to do something about it. Well, after several months, her mom (she was a single mom) caught the two of them doing their thing and freaked out. My friend Chad, he was a stand up guy, he really was! Her mom forbid them from being in a relationship and she was no longer allowed to come over to my house (because mom knew that Chad was always at my house.) It lasted for a bit and then they started seeing each other again. Eventually, her mom gave up and they stayed together for 6 years! I really could not believe it!

All I'm saying is that it may not be what it seems. I'm not sticking up for the guy... I'm just adding this point. These people that used to be in my life-- at age 16-- I didn't think anything weird was going on at all. This girl acted as if she was my age. Dressed as if she was my age, and was wise beyond her years.

On to my next point-- I do think that there is a very high possibility that Kayleah could have been pregnant and that RM could have done something to her because of the pregnancy, trying to hide it or whatever.

I am not placing any blame on April. She was a single mom (been there, done that for a few years) and I know it's hard. I also can't imagine how hard it would be to accommodate a teenager, pre-teen, and (I'm not sure here, but didn't Kayleah have a younger brother??) without a car! Please correct me if I am wrong about the younger brother. I have kept up with this case but I have been reading so many, things seem to be running together. I don't see anything out of line about that video. As somebody mentioned they kept their language relatively clean and I used to act like that with my dad and stepmom when I was a teen and I was a good kid (for the most part! I stayed away from drugs, alcohol, made good grades and all that good stuff.)

All again just MOO. Please don't hate me for what I said about my friends relationship.

<BBM> he is a predator!

I agree with what you're saying Eyes. In my last post, I mentioned that even if he isn't charged with her murder at all, he still faces the sex related charges.

The sex related charges are very serious charges. If convicted of the sex charges, not only would he get a prison term, the court can declare him to be a predator and force him to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.

Also, he can even still be held in custody indefinitely upon completion of his prision sentence if he is deemed to be sexually dangerous.

Thank you so much for putting it in the proper perspective. A 12 y/o doesn't "consent" and there isn't anything right, imo, about an 18 y/o choosing someone that age as his "girlfriend". I agree, he is a predator. MOO

If Kayleah was, indeed, carrying his child, where is the concern for her when going missing. Was he out searching?

I'm wondering if Robert used brother and mom to gain access to 12yo Kayleah in her own home, used his car to give Kayleah rides to destinations, urged her to dress older and darker; seems he had her trapped in every way. moo Wonder if he joined the church Kayleah attended.

I bet, in retrospect, the family will remember seeing Robert around on an escalating basis, making friendly suggestions, that were actually his quest for power and control.

Once mom said that Kayleah and Robert had to end seeing one another, wonder what he did to get around that? What kind of carp was Kayleah fed? moo

It's not hard to herd in a 12yo - especially in her own territory. moo

BBM. The victim of Robert Montoya's sexual assaults was 12 year old murder victim Kayleah Wilson.

The boyfriend, 18-year-old Robert Montoya, has been charged with sexual assault on a child in connection with offenses ranging from Jan. 18, 2010, his birthday, to March 28, the day Kayleah disappeared. Montoya is being held on $100,000 bond in the Weld County Jail.

Montoya, who was arrested Wednesday night, is considered a “person of interest” in regard to Kayleah, whose death is being investigated as a homicide, Greeley Police announced Thursday.

Court documents indicate Kayleah and Montoya started a sexual relationship in October 2009.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100523/NEWS/100529841/1002&parentprofile=1001

"This arrest culminated an investigation that developed from information that probable cause existed to believe the suspect was involved in a sexual relationship with Kayleah Wilson," Greeley police spokesman Sgt. Joe Tymkowych said. "This arrest is separate and distinct from the Kayleah Wilson homicide case that is currently being investigated."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Media/kayleah-wilsons-boyfriend-arrested-murder/story?id=10718923

According to electronic copies of court records, investigators think Montoya started having sex with Kayleah in October. He is charged with offenses that allegedly continued until March 28, the day she disappeared.

Montoya is considered a person of interest in the disappearance and murder of Kayleah, 12. Her body was found Wednesday morning in an irrigation ditch in southeast Greeley. The Weld County coroner determined she was a victim of homicide.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_15143559

If she was the only one that makes me think they are using the charges to keep him locked up for now since they think he is the killer (but don't have any evidence for that yet), because she is dead and the only other evidence useable in court for that charge would be DNA from a fetus (if there is one). And they wouldn't have DNA yet.

So I think the charge was made basically to prevent him from fleeing, which you might expect him to do under the circumstances.

Okay. Here's my take on this. This is just MHOO and all that good stuff.

When I was in high school and 16 years old, I had a very good girl friend who was 12 and another great guy friend who was 18. I was the only one who drove and had a car, so I toted them both around and they both spent considerable time at my parents house. This girl-- she was well matured both physically and mentally and you would have never known she was 12 years old. In fact, me being 16, I didn't think anything of her being 12-- she acted just like me and if anything was a little more mature than I was. My parents LOVED her and welcomed her into our home at any time-- the same with my guy friend. He always came over and played video games with my dad. (Who was the chief of police at the time before he retired.) Great kids.

Now, I'm sure you can see where this is going... my two friends ended up in a relationship. Yes, I knew, but due to the fact of their ages, we kept it secret from everybody. I did not tell my parents because I knew that my dad would be obligated to do something about it. Well, after several months, her mom (she was a single mom) caught the two of them doing their thing and freaked out. My friend Chad, he was a stand up guy, he really was! Her mom forbid them from being in a relationship and she was no longer allowed to come over to my house (because mom knew that Chad was always at my house.) It lasted for a bit and then they started seeing each other again. Eventually, her mom gave up and they stayed together for 6 years! I really could not believe it!

All I'm saying is that it may not be what it seems. I'm not sticking up for the guy... I'm just adding this point. These people that used to be in my life-- at age 16-- I didn't think anything weird was going on at all. This girl acted as if she was my age. Dressed as if she was my age, and was wise beyond her years.

On to my next point-- I do think that there is a very high possibility that Kayleah could have been pregnant and that RM could have done something to her because of the pregnancy, trying to hide it or whatever.

I am not placing any blame on April. She was a single mom (been there, done that for a few years) and I know it's hard. I also can't imagine how hard it would be to accommodate a teenager, pre-teen, and (I'm not sure here, but didn't Kayleah have a younger brother??) without a car! Please correct me if I am wrong about the younger brother. I have kept up with this case but I have been reading so many, things seem to be running together. I don't see anything out of line about that video. As somebody mentioned they kept their language relatively clean and I used to act like that with my dad and stepmom when I was a teen and I was a good kid (for the most part! I stayed away from drugs, alcohol, made good grades and all that good stuff.)

All again just MOO. Please don't hate me for what I said about my friends relationship.

Those sorts of relationships are not uncommon, and that is pretty much how they develop. What is unusual is one ending in homicide.

I read on another site that he did participate in one search...for what it is worth.

I don't get the impression this guy is intelligent enough to be some kind of predator with a specific plan...JMO...I think he is a misfit and the only girls he could impress were the young girls...at Kayleah's age, it can be flattering to have a boy as old as your brother take interest in you and I don't think girls his age were beating down his door (JMO) I think he is a loser who could not establish an appropriate relationship with a girl close to own age and just hung around Kayleah and family and she may have thought she liked/loved him, who knows? And he likely used her for sex, which, yes, I know is statutory rape at minimum.

Now if he killed Kayleah...then that is another story. Can't wait to see what kind of defense is put on, if that is the case...

All JMO, of course.

April stated she put an end to the relationship between Kayleah and Robert. I wonder what she did? Just telling Kayleah to stop seeing him and believe she would? If I discovered my 12 year old daughter had an 18 year old boy friend I would #1 Tell her it's over, stop seeing him. #2 I would contact him and tell him that if I ever even suspected he ever saw my daughter again I would contact LE and have him arrested. #3 I would ask her brothers to watch out for her, to end their relationship with RM and let him know that if they ever saw him with her he would answer to them. You just can't tell a child to stop seeing a sexual predictor if he wants to continue the relationship, you have to make him afraid to see her. Telling him you will go to LE and having her brothers talk to him should do it. If not have him arrested.

I read on another site that he did participate in one search...for what it is worth.

I don't get the impression this guy is intelligent enough to be some kind of predator with a specific plan...JMO...I think he is a misfit and the only girls he could impress were the young girls...at Kayleah's age, it can be flattering to have a boy as old as your brother take interest in you and I don't think girls his age were beating down his door (JMO) I think he is a loser who could not establish an appropriate relationship with a girl close to own age and just hung around Kayleah and family and she may have thought she liked/loved him, who knows? And he likely used her for sex, which, yes, I know is statutory rape at minimum.

Now if he killed Kayleah...then that is another story. Can't wait to see what kind of defense is put on, if that is the case...

All JMO, of course.

Keep in mind The Green River Killer aka Gary Ridgway had below average intellect and alluded the police for over a decade.
Not saying RM is a killer, premeditated or not or a serial killer but it could have been an alleged crime of passion, or rage and that it was only sheer luck on his part that he wasn't caught immediately.

I don't know about the murder part, but I think it is pretty likely that a lot of girls that get pregnant at around that age do in fact have boyfriends in the older teens. Ages 12-13 is when most people start exploring their sexuality, and chances are if they are doing that with other people, it will be with people more experienced than them, not someone as inexperienced as them.

Seems you missed my point Natal - I'm not talking about the 'usual' here. For some reason I can't imagine 'mutual' exploration going on. I think predator exploration and entrapment of a naive 12yo. By saying she wanted an older guy for more experience - why on earth would you suggest such an agenda for Kayleah? And what makes you think this guy is experienced sexually? TIA moo

Seems you missed my point Natal - I'm not talking about the 'usual' here. For some reason I can't imagine 'mutual' exploration going on. I think predator exploration and entrapment of a naive 12yo. By saying she wanted an older guy for more experience - why on earth would you suggest such an agenda for Kayleah? And what makes you think this guy is experienced sexually? TIA moo

I agree with you. She was way too young no matter how old she may have dressed or was mature emotionally, mentally.
12 and 17/18 was too big of an age gap.

April stated she put an end to the relationship between Kayleah and Robert. I wonder what she did? Just telling Kayleah to stop seeing him and believe she would? If I discovered my 12 year old daughter had an 18 year old boy friend I would #1 Tell her it's over, stop seeing him. #2 I would contact him and tell him that if I ever even suspected he ever saw my daughter again I would contact LE and have him arrested. #3 I would ask her brothers to watch out for her, to end their relationship with RM and let him know that if they ever saw him with her he would answer to them. You just can't tell a child to stop seeing a sexual predictor if he wants to continue the relationship, you have to make him afraid to see her. Telling him you will go to LE and having her brothers talk to him should do it. If not have him arrested.

No information has been made available about what Kayleah's mom did or did not do in regards to ending it between Kayleah and RM. She may very well have done everything you said, with the exception of having him arrested. No information has been made available regarding whether April knew that RM was assaulting Kayleah. If she didn't know, there was nothing that would prompt an arrest.

We're just going to have to wait for more information about who knew about the sexual assaults when, if anything, and who did what about it if they knew, because right now we have no information at all about it.

Memorial service planned for Kayleah
posted by Dan Boniface 2 hrs ago

A spokesman for the Wilson family says a memorial service has been scheduled to remember the short life of a 12-year-old girl found dead last week.

snip

A memorial service for Kayleah is planned to take place at 2 p.m. on Tuesday at the Clarion Hotel, located at 701 8th St. in Greeley. The service will be held on the second floor.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=139540&catid=339

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member