CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, she said 400 kids, that makes ~200 girls. 40/200=20%.

Out of 400 kids, we have no idea how many were girls. Could be an all girl's school or have more males than females. Population was not defined leaving it subject to interpretation. moo

No information has been made available about what Kayleah's mom did or did not do in regards to ending it between Kayleah and RM. She may very well have done everything you said, with the exception of having him arrested. No information has been made available regarding whether April knew that RM was assaulting Kayleah. If she didn't know, there was nothing that would prompt an arrest.

We're just going to have to wait for more information about who knew about the sexual assaults when, if anything, and who did what about it if they knew, because right now we have no information at all about it.
You're right, we don't know. And she may have just thought telling her daughter to end it would be enough. MOO

It would be interesting to look at some statistics regarding 12 year old girls who become pregnant, and any statistics available regarding the father being 17/18. I'll see what I can dig up when I have a few.

It would be interesting to look at some statistics regarding 12 year old girls who become pregnant, and any statistics available regarding the father being 17/18. I'll see what I can dig up when I have a few.

Sure BeanE - in your spare time. In between when you are maintaining the integrity of the 'missing' threads, joining in the conversations, updating all the cases, and keeping it safe for us sleuthers to be on here. Thank you, and all the mods for all that you do!!! :blowkiss: and :hug:

Sure BeanE - in your spare time. In between when you are maintaining the integrity of the 'missing' threads, joining in the conversations, updating all the cases, and keeping it safe for us sleuthers to be on here. Thank you, and all the mods for all that you do!!! :blowkiss: and :hug:
Amen to that! I think the sleuthing statistics can wait. ;)

All the talk about Kayleah and sex and pregnancy makes me so sad. I know it's reality, but I really want to remember her as the little girl who loved pancakes and Celtic music.

All the talk about Kayleah and sex and pregnancy makes me so sad. I know it's reality, but I really want to remember her as the little girl who loved pancakes and Celtic music.

Ohhh spamelope - I forgot all about the little girl who loved pancakes. Shame on me. She is a little girl and at age 12, sweet and innocent no matter what the circumstances. I'm going to reread the first comments to refresh. Kayleah deserves nothing less.

Seems you missed my point Natal - I'm not talking about the 'usual' here. For some reason I can't imagine 'mutual' exploration going on. I think predator exploration and entrapment of a naive 12yo. By saying she wanted an older guy for more experience - why on earth would you suggest such an agenda for Kayleah? And what makes you think this guy is experienced sexually? TIA moo

Well, see things from a 12 year olds point of view. When they become aware of their sexuality they look to kids somewhat older than themselves, someone more experienced. At least when I was 12 that was how things worked, maybe things have changed now I don't know. I remember very well becoming suddenly interested in girls when I was that age, but, the problem was that the girls we were classmates with had zero interest in us, they wanted older boys. The boys were more interested in girls that looked like women as well, they also wanted older, but of course older girls had less than zero interest in us. Girls don't face that barrier though, so you see situations like this one. At that age you look to where you want to be, which is more "grown up", and not with your peers who you see as children.

I think it is pretty normal for girls that age to have male friends older than them, and for an outside adult observer even a few years might seem a lot, but that isnt how it appears to the kids involved. At 18 this guy is pushing the limits but something like that could happen if there is a mutual friend at a bridging age (like 15 or 16).

I think the irony of all of this though is that in this case, if she was pregnant, the possibility exists that she might have been killed in a panic specifically because of the laws against that sort of relationship. And if that is the case, it would be the greatest shame of all because it would be so unnecessary.

I think the irony of all of this though is that in this case, if she was pregnant, the possibility exists that she might have been killed in a panic specifically because of the laws against that sort of relationship. And if that is the case, it would be the greatest shame of all because it would be so unnecessary.

Killed because of the laws against sexual assault and exploitation of children. And that would the greatest shame because it's unnecessary. Hmmmm. I'm not sure what you're saying here, Natal.

Are you saying that - assuming Kayleah was pregnant and that is why she was killed - it may have been because we have laws that sexual assault and exploitation etc of children is illegal? And that that is a shame, that it is unnecessary, because sexual assault and exploitation of children should be legal because it's fine? Or that it's not assault and exploitation at all, but that sex between adults and children should be legal because it's okay?

If I've misunderstood, I deeply apologize.

Hm, suggesting that 18 yr olds ought to be allowed to have sex with 12 yr olds, because they're gonna do it anyway, and they might panic and kill someone if it's illegal?

Can't say I go along with that.

Well, see things from a 12 year olds point of view. When they become aware of their sexuality they look to kids somewhat older than themselves, someone more experienced. At least when I was 12 that was how things worked, maybe things have changed now I don't know. I remember very well becoming suddenly interested in girls when I was that age, but, the problem was that the girls we were classmates with had zero interest in us, they wanted older boys. The boys were more interested in girls that looked like women as well, they also wanted older, but of course older girls had less than zero interest in us. Girls don't face that barrier though, so you see situations like this one. At that age you look to where you want to be, which is more "grown up", and not with your peers who you see as children.

I think it is pretty normal for girls that age to have male friends older than them, and for an outside adult observer even a few years might seem a lot, but that isnt how it appears to the kids involved. At 18 this guy is pushing the limits but something like that could happen if there is a mutual friend at a bridging age (like 15 or 16).

Wait, so we are putting the blame on society...and a 12 year old...and dismissing the relationship as being okay...and normal...nope:snooty:. As a mom of many ages...I won't go there...Kayleah isn't dead because of some innocent exploration and panic. She is dead because someone was thinking of themselves, their desires, their fears...and they weren't thinking of her.

Pregnant or not...this was a crime...it took a life...and it isn't right.

Not to mention the fact that in a society where the physical relationship comes before caring, loving relationships there will be more and more problems.

Killed because of the laws against sexual assault and exploitation of children. And that would the greatest shame because it's unnecessary. Hmmmm. I'm not sure what you're saying here, Natal.

Are you saying that - assuming Kayleah was pregnant and that is why she was killed - it may have been because we have laws that sexual assault and exploitation etc of children is illegal? And that that is a shame, that it is unnecessary, because sexual assault and exploitation of children should be legal because it's fine? Or that it's not assault and exploitation at all, but that sex between adults and children should be legal because it's okay?

I believe what Natal is trying to say is that if the motive behind her death was worry about the consequences of the relationship that lead of a possible pregnancy, that the motive is unnecessary/unfortunate. The reasoning is unnesscessary, not the laws. Although a pregnancy at that age is not ideal at all, it could have been dealt with an any number of ways that did not involve murder.

Natal - that is how I read your statement, please correct me if i am wrong.

I don't think it's normal for a 12 year old girl to be in a relationship with an 18 year old guy. I was just explaining my story about my friends to maybe shed some light on what was going on in their minds at that age. I wouldn't want my daughter (when she is 12) to be in that situation and would obviously put a stop to it. But, I don't think it's as unusual as it seems. I think in this instance, it stands out because of the life that was taken.

Please don't hate me, but we don't even know if RM did the crime yet (taking Kayleah's life). In this situation, I don't think he was going after younger girls. I could be wrong here-- but even though it's not a situation that anybody would want their children to be in, I don't think he is up there with pedophiles like JAG or JH... they are sick, twisted 's.

If he did the crime, I think it was more to a cover his butt or out of shear panic. Either way, Poor Kayleah. I'm not lessening the severity of this crime, I just don't feel that we're dealing with somebody (pertaining to RM) who was seeking out young girls. I could be wrong. There could be somebody else out there targeting young girls involved? We just don't know yet.

I believe what Natal is trying to say is that if the motive behind her death was worry about the consequences of the relationship that lead of a possible pregnancy, that the motive is unnecessary/unfortunate. The reasoning is unnesscessary, not the laws. Although a pregnancy at that age is not ideal at all, it could have been dealt with an any number of ways that did not involve murder.

Natal - that is how I read your statement, please correct me if i am wrong.

Something I was thinking about this morning on my drive was his motivation-assuming RM killed her and that KW was pregnant. Did he kill her in a panic, a fit of rage, some kind of "snap" due to the pregnancy? Or was it thought and planned out-he knew the pregnancy needed to be ended or hidden and so he killed her? Was the motive the pregnancy, or was it some kind of disrespect and dislike of women/girls in general? I am interested to see how it all plays out.

Where does RM live? Does anyone know about his family situation?

Kayleah's family cancels today's news conference
POSTED: 05/24/2010 01:00:00 AM MDT
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_15148362

Memorial For Kayleah Wilson Set For Tuesday
Memorial Is Open To Public
POSTED: 10:21 pm MDT May 23, 2010
UPDATED: 6:09 am MDT May 24, 2010
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23652836/detail.html

Kayleah Wilson mourners aren't distracted by shocking arrest of Robert Laurencio Montoya
Monday, May. 24 2010 @ 7:12AM
http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2010/05/kayleah_wilson_mourners_arent.php

Public memorial for Kayleah Wilson planned for Tuesday
Monday, May 24, 2010
http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100524/NEWS/100529822/1051&ParentProfile=1001

What I'm saying is that it is a social problem that is lumped together with genuine criminal activity because "we don't like it". Chances are she was neither exploited nor assaulted, but we apply those labels because "we don't like it" and it gives us a bat to hit someone on the head with. But those are just labels, it doesn't mean those things actually happened. Sometimes those things DO happen though, and that is where you need to apply a criminal hammer, other than that it is a SOCIAL issue.

If it turns out that she was killed because of the consequences a consensual relationship, then part of her blood is on the hands of those who put those rules in place. Sorry if you don't like that, but that is how I see it. If you impose rules you have to accept partial responsibility for what stems from them. In this situation those rules don't protect anyone and only serve to hurt people. That is where the shame is, this is a social problem, not a criminal one, and there has to be a better way of dealing with it.

Anyway, she is dead and it just makes me sad and mad, because it is looking like this was one of those stupid pointless situations.

Bolded by me. This comment is just sad to me. There are laws to protect our children. Just reading this website proves that these laws are necessary. There is a huge difference between 12-18. That difference isn't so big between 20-26. It's hard to believe that somoene might see these laws as unnecessary. I see the greatest shame being that her innocence and her life were taken.JMO

What I'm saying is that it is a social problem that is lumped together with genuine criminal activity because "we don't like it". Chances are she was neither exploited nor assaulted, but we apply those labels because "we don't like it" and it gives us a bat to hit someone on the head with. But those are just labels, it doesn't mean those things actually happened. Sometimes those things DO happen though, and that is where you need to apply a criminal hammer, other than that it is a SOCIAL issue.

If it turns out that she was killed because of the consequences a consensual relationship, then part of her blood is on the hands of those who put those rules in place. Sorry if you don't like that, but that is how I see it. If you impose rules you have to accept partial responsibility for what stems from them. In this situation those rules don't protect anyone and only serve to hurt people. That is where the shame is, this is a social problem, not a criminal one, and there has to be a better way of dealing with it.

Anyway, she is dead and it just makes me sad and mad, because it is looking like this was one of those stupid pointless situations.

I’m sorry… I disagree with this 100%
It's not a label... it's not a rule... it's the LAW!

Age of Consensual Sex
The age of sexual consent is the age when the law says you can agree to
have sex. This means that until you reach this age, you can not legally have
sex with anyone, regardless of whether or not you or your parents consent

These laws exist because some teens are not mature enough to know that
their actions have consequences. The law makes sure that young people are
not exploited by adults.

FYI… the “Age of Consensual Sex in CO is as follows:
Colorado 17 f/m, f/f, m/m intercourse
It’s the law! We have laws for a reason… and IMO a 12 year old can not
consent to sex not to mention the fact that he was 18 and had no reason to
be looking at a 12 year old IMO!

He broke the law plain and simple!

I have been gone the better part of the weekend and am just trying to catch up. Has it been confirmed that she was pregnant: I am seeing a lot of talk about this as if it is fact and did not know that had been confirmed. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC