CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know she didn't call the cops?

Considering why he was kicked out of his own home, maybe she didn't want to see him in trouble and figured she could keep them apart.

I don't for a second believe that Kayleah asked to be physically abused. What I see is a story similar to that guy who strangled the girl in the park - I believe it was in New York. Years ago. He insisted it was a consensual part of the sex they were having.

I this as "I didn't *want* to beat her up/strangle her/choke her/whatever - she *asked* me to - and next thing I knew, officer, my gosh, she was dead!"

MOO
Unless she had been in the past. This is more than disturbing.

But it says she caught them again in February...by which time he was 18...this to me is the time to report him, he had been given a chance already...

How about that sex offender living with Robert's mom - Birth date 04/02/62 - he is 48yo. two arrests. Hope they have cleared him.

Sounds like Robert moved into April's home because he no longer could live at home and he was friends with the brother. Wonder where his sister moved?

Then, mom Wilson noticed Robert in Kayleah's bedroom and began to think they might be having a sexual relationship. He finally admitted to it, was asked to leave, and continue to stalk Kayleah. Looking through the windows at the middle school and hiding in the bushes in front of her house.
We don't know if Kayleah did any of this willingly. He is a pedophile and he is all about power and control. moo

The affidavit says Montoya moved in with his girlfriend and her mother in October 2009. Montoya and his sister had to move out of their home because Montoya's mother wanted to begin a relationship with a registered sex offender, Jonas Garcia, and Garcia was not allowed to be around children, according to the affidavit.​

I guess I can't say I'm surprised. We see that every day here.

Sorry kids, I want to date a pedophile, you'll have to find somewhere else to live!

WTH

so WTF is wrong with the DA in your county? He/she can't enforce laws that are on the books to protect 12-YEAR OLD CHILDREN? An ADULT male was caught stalking and looking through the windows of a MIDDLE SCHOOL?! Were any parents notified? Sounds like you need to clean house and replace your sheriff, DA, school principal and superintendent.

My sentiments exactly - I don't think Kayleah could get away from this low life - seems to me he had her trapped.

How could LE not arrest some pervert looking in the windows of her middle school? yikes!!!!

I agree Calliope, April probrably felt bad for this kid, knowing his own mother had kicked him and his sister out so she could be with a sex offender. April's son probably wanted him to move in too. Yes April made bad choices, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Now I am thinking, maybe Kayleah's family did have reason to think she might have run away, to her father or elsewhere...wonder if he is just learning all this too..maybe Kayleah wanted to run away, if all this was going on. Maybe too, all of this back story is why some of the family members seemed to be asking her to come home, she wouldn't be in trouble, etc...but also, I recall family members stating that there were no problems at home...which clearly does not seem to be true.

I agree Calliope, April probrably felt bad for this kid, knowing his own mother had kicked him and his sister out so she could be with a sex offender. April's son probably wanted him to move in too. Yes April made bad choices, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Robert is a friend of her son's and I'm sure mom didn't think there would be any kind of a sexual relationship going on,.

I bet mom is beating herself up over that decision every second of EVERY day. moo

I would think that if the mother had gone to the police about the relationship it would have become known and more suspicion wuold have been placed on the boyfriend. I can't see LE ignoring a sexual relationship between a 12 year old and 18 year old. I know when LE found out my 15 year daughter had been with a 19 year old he was in handcuffs in a flash. They did not mess around for a second. I don't know why it would be different in Greeley.

The poster mentioned that the mother of the POI was moving in with or having a
relationship with a "known" Sexual Offender. Could it be him? Could he have killed
this dear little girl? Any knowledge of a follow up on him?

Ref:
How about that sex offender living with Robert's mom - Birth date 04/02/62 - he is 48yo. two arrests. Hope they have cleared him.

Sounds like Robert moved into April's home because he no longer could live at home and he was friends with the brother. Wonder where his sister moved?

I can see why Kayleah would run away - a 12yo trapped by a 'freaken stalker' would be enough to cause any child to run. He was in her house, hiding behind bushes, peering through middle school windows and Kayleah had no car, she HAD to walk everywhere. Just what is a 12yo going to do. What does an adult do? moo

I am sure LE would have looked at the POI's mom's boyfriend...but no reason to think it was him more than anyone else, probably, no indication he knew Kayleah. And if it comes down to RSO's, there were probably plenty of others close by.

I guess maybe we will find out at some point when LE first learned about this guy as far as having sexually assaulted Kayleah; that is when I feel he should have been taken into custody, regardless of whether she was missing or not. I don't buy that they would leave him out there, knowing he is a danger, just in case he might lead them to Kayleah. If they did that, they are putting community in danger, IMO.

I guess I can't say I'm surprised. We see that every day here.

Sorry kids, I want to date a pedophile, you'll have to find somewhere else to live!

WTH

Can you imagine doing this to your kids???? Having them pack and leave your home....They could never come back home again BECAUSE A SEX OFFENDER IS MORE IMPORTANT then your children. OMG :furious:

I would think that if the mother had gone to the police about the relationship it would have become known and more suspicion wuold have been placed on the boyfriend. I can't see LE ignoring a sexual relationship between a 12 year old and 18 year old. I know when LE found out my 15 year daughter had been with a 19 year old he was in handcuffs in a flash. They did not mess around for a second. I don't know why it would be different in Greeley.

We see it all over the pages of this forum. LE, the courts, CPS not helping kids in bad and abusive situations.

If we keep just trashing the moms, and don't look at the system, and demand that it be changed, we're just going to keep on having more and more and more brutalized and murdered children. I don't want that.

I want a safety net for all children so that they're protected from harm better than they are now.

I can see why Kayleah would run away - a 12yo trapped by a 'freaken stalker' would be enough to cause any child to run. He was in her house, hiding behind bushes, peering through middle school windows and Kayleah had no car, she HAD to walk everywhere. Just what is a 12yo going to do. What does an adult do? moo

Sometimes an adult woman can get a protective order - sometimes not. It really hardly matters. Women are killed by their stalkers all the time, even with a protective order. What do the cops say? We can't do anything until he harms you. So the women live in fear, and they tell everybody the guy is going to kill them, and then the guy kills them.

We need a better system.

What makes you think she (assuming you mean Kayleah's mom) didn't report him?

Even if she had reported him what type of proof would LE need to proceed?
Do they just take a report and wait for more evidence?

Surely they don't arrest someone for "having sex with a minor" without something more than hearsay?

and what if Kayleah and RM both deny it?

Seems like it would be too easy to cause trouble for people if they could make an arrest based on something the mother said. or even said she "saw".

I wonder how that really works...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member