CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What would a 12 year old know about that type of sexual role playing? I think it's him that wanted to abuse her while raping her. And IMO.. it makes him a violent SO.

~snipped~
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=139353

Garner addressed speculation that Kayleah was seen on video in a parking lot of the Greeley Mall.
"There were people in the parking lot that were on video, that one of them might have been Kayleah, but we have not confirmed, the picture is not good enough to say, 'Yes, this is her.' So that's supposition. There's no positive ID that she was in that parking lot," Garner said.

I guess the eyewitnesses that reported the person they saw was Kayleah were not reliable either?

so where are they at in finding out who took this child's life?

I think they are waiting for evidence from the labs. They did say they had collected a large amount of evidence when they found her body and I would not be surprised if when it has been analyzed, RM is facing additional charges. I think that is why it is quiet, LE does not seem to believe that a killer is at large, IMO.

As far as the father being in jail or not being in jail, the statement is attributed to the family friend. I put the media source next to the statement.

And as to whether or not he was in touch with the family, again it was reported by media:

The girl's father has not been in touch with the family for several years and is now living in California. Source: http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100401/NEWS/100409981/1051&ParentProfile=1001

For Michael Wilson, the disappearance of his 12-year-old daughter, Kayleah, has been difficult because it's all happening so far away.

He lives in Redwood Valley, Calif., and wrote in an e-mail this week, “All I care about is getting her home safely.”

Michael Wilson said the family lived in Westminster when Kayleah was born, and he has never lived in Greeley. The last time he had contact with his daughter was last November.

He also emphasized that rumors that he is in jail are not true, and he has been talking with the FBI about the case. He has not seen his daughter since she disappeared. Some news sources have speculated that she ran away to see her father, but he said he hasn't been contacted by her.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100408/NEWS/100409682

I think they are waiting for evidence from the labs. They did say they had collected a large amount of evidence when they found her body and I would not be surprised if when it has been analyzed, RM is facing additional charges. I think that is why it is quiet, LE does not seem to believe that a killer is at large, IMO.
I agree with you. I believe that they're just waiting for evidence to charge the person already in custody. MOO

You know, I am reading a book about the Jack the Ripper case now, and the headlines used by the press in Victorian times was very lurid and the stories they printed often included rumors and just plain fictions...I am not so sure that the press of today, in many instances, have not reverted back to those earlier, supposedly unenlightened times...printing whatever will grab headlines and any old quotes from any old person on the street and not bothering to report that what they are writing is unsubtantiated. And the way that all news sources ran with the quote from the person who found K's body, as to the condition...was disgusting and unnecessary. How does the public benefit from that hearing that quote? Isn't the press meant to inform the public as to what they need to know? Yeah, right, I'm really living in reality here...

Restaurant Donates All Profits To Kayleah's Family​

KAYLEAHFUNDRAISER.jpg

http://cbs4denver.com/news/Kayleah.Wilson.benefit.2.1723966.html

I don't mean to sound rude or unkind, but it was my understanding that all funeral expenses for Kayleah were paid by a local funeral home and that April was given a car by a local dealer. Do we know why money is being to the family? Will they have legal expenses in this case? Just wondering, I don't think I have seen this before except when money was being collected for burial expenses.

More at http://www.9news.com/rss/article.aspx?storyid=140086

Kayleah's mom thanks community

GREELEY - The mother of Kayleah Wilson, April Wilson, offered words of appreciation Tuesday to the community who helped look for her daughter.

"I just want to say thank you to everybody that's helped, even before this with the searches and the volunteers opening up their doors for us ... and after the horrible news," Wilson said.
She spoke at a fundraiser at Culver's restaurant in Greeley. Culver's raised money for the Wilson family over the weekend. The restaurant gave all profits made on Sunday and Monday to the Kayleah Wilson Memorial Fund. The Greeley Gazette and Pirate radio 104.7 helped organize the event.

Found answer to another question we had (snipped from BeanE's Post 86 http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100408/NEWS/100409682)

By an odd coincidence, the missing girl's stepfather is Jesse Wilson of Greeley, with the same last name as the girl and her birth father, but Michael Wilson said they are not related.

ETA
The article is from April 8, 2010.

I'm reading through previous threads and am in Thread 3, page 15. There are posts about April's MS and that it seems from her MS posts that she (April) "met someone" in February.

The link provided brings me to the MS page but there are no posts prior to March 4. Do I have to have a MS page and be logged into see the posts?

Has the person been IDd (by LE, not WSers) and cleared?

Also, it was noted that April's updates were done via "Mobile" and I wondered if it was the same device that Kayleah used to update hers ...

I remember about AW meeting someone but I have no idea what came of it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back