CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #12 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
James Dougherty on Twitter
.@CBI_Colorado and Woodland Park Police have been going in and out of the home of Kelsey Berreth in Woodland Park, CO. I heard some banging coming from inside which sounded like someone hammering on the walls. #Denver7

Du6FwgEW4AAZBYi.jpg

Du6FwgCX4AIqtHw.jpg

Du6FwgAXQAEXWqW.jpg

Du6Fwf_W4AAhiNy.jpg

9:43 PM - 20 Dec 2018

It’s funny how we all look at the same things but process them so differently. It’s really part of the magic of WS tho bc we think deeper and broader when we are able to build our hypotheses together.

For me, it’s not really a “feeling” that makes me think the case is heating up or is possibly nearing a break. I don’t have a “sense” about it. But looking at the activity level of LE in the last two days, it suggests to me that they are starting to piece together some of what happened...and that as one piece starts to fall, the next one will follow.

I would not be surprised if there’s SOME kind of press conference tomorrow.

Let me pose for a moment and suggest that he is tried & convicted for murdering KB....

What are the chances that KB's Mom could raise the grandchild (vs the mother of a convicted felon)?

I have made a huge number of assumptions, but am curious for the child....

I think that was one of the first things he talked to his attorney about. He has probably already made arrangements for his family to keep her.

Grocery items ? Looking for DNA or fingerprints off the misc. items they know were bought at the Safeway that Thanksgiving Day ?..... What if the perp put her groceries up afterwards to clean up ?
I think that could be explained away pretty easily as, "I came to pick up the baby, she was sleeping so I helped Kelsey put the groceries away." Perps lie.

Looking at tonight’s press release from LE it is interesting that they mentioned a two hour notice for future press conferences. That mention alone gives me the thought that a press conference is imminent, possibly as early as tomorrow. One would think that this time there would be more substantial developments. Or maybe one would hope. Either way, interesting bit of foreshadowing by the WPPD

James Dougherty on Twitter
.@CBI_Colorado and Woodland Park Police have been going in and out of the home of Kelsey Berreth in Woodland Park, CO. I heard some banging coming from inside which sounded like someone hammering on the walls. #Denver7

Du6FwgEW4AAZBYi.jpg

Du6FwgCX4AIqtHw.jpg

Du6FwgAXQAEXWqW.jpg

Du6Fwf_W4AAhiNy.jpg

9:43 PM - 20 Dec 2018
I was wondering if they might be taking some drywall sections as evidence, but having just looked at the Zillow pics of her property, I see she has Mexican pavers as her kitchen flooring, so maybe they were also removing tile and/or grout sections...

I think anyone from the fbi working on this case is probably deemed an essential employee. IMO.
But potus did sign an executive order giving all federal employees the day off on Monday.
Agents yes. But support staff, processing and transporting evidence etc, that could be impacted. With these shut downs it’s difficult to predict how and what will be impacted. I don’t know that this is a factor, but I think it’s something to keep in mind.

Let me pose for a moment and suggest that he is tried & convicted for murdering KB....

What are the chances that KB's Mom could raise the grandchild (vs the mother of a convicted felon)?

I am sad to say it, but the chances are very high because Colorado has jurisdiction of this child, and the Grandma F has been which the child almost continuosly and has an ongoing relationship. We don't know if KB's mother has seen the child but most certainly, not often enough for a 1 year old child to remember her. I don't think it would matter that much for a child this age, but courts seem to deem that to be a big deal.

There is a case on here, Amber Hilberling/Josh Hilberling, where Amber pushed Josh out of a 30 something story building while she was pregnant. She was convicted and went to prison. Her parents were given custody of the child because Amber was still the parent, Josh was dead, so she just conveyed her rights to her parents. By the time the Hilberling grandparents went to court, he would be several years old, and then it would be disruptive to the child. Also, trying to arrange child custody and visitation between families with bad blood could be very difficult and damaging to the child.

It isn't fair that it often works this way and doesn't seem logical. But that is often the way it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801