CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #19 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You hit the nail on the head! My nephew was a national champion team roping header. Big money if you win but it costs a lot in transportation, horses, entry fees, vet bills, feed, etc. Watched film of PF heading at a ranch rodeo and he definitely wasn’t at a level where he could make any money. He had a heading horse listed for $6,500; nice enough little horse but even college heading horses looking at $12 - $15 k to start. Rodeo pros are serious athletes and have an exhausting schedule. Majority are very disciplined; don’t drink much or use illegal drugs. PF not focused or energetic enough to succeed at that level or keep such a vigorous pace

I so agree. To get to the big league, it takes money, just as ice skating, gymnastics and golf & all other sports. Horses are dif’, they eat, get sic & injured, so more money to keep them up. I’ll give him credit where credit is due. Roping ain’t easy. It’s actually very difficult to learn, people grasp it or don’t. It takes tremendous coordination. Of course, MOO

I agree. But where are we getting that he had 35 head of cattle? His mom's property is about 35 acres and those acres are composed of 70% trees and rocky/sandy soil-- not suitable for grazing cattle and not large enough either. He might have rented some land fro his cattle or used family property outside of Teller county though. IDK.
Idk if he leases a ranch. If so, he may have a heck of a herd.

Income wise, ten horses shod x 4 = $1,000 cash in hand.
Any farriers here? Mine can do 50-60 per day. That’s providing the horses are caught, tied & ready. Actually, I bet he could do more. JMO. In my area $100 for 4 shoes is cheap. Below average.
To only trim a horse takes abt 15 minutes. $30-50 bucks.
MOO

I have no idea how to copy and paste out of facebook but this person from good morning colorado is saying at tomorrows hearing she expects to hear more about the prosecutors mystery witness. Good Morning Colorado's Shannon Brinias
This is the first i have heard it confirmed there is a mystery witness. That being said I doubt they will give up their information at a hearing and will continue to hold it close to their chest until they have all the pieces in place.
You had me at MYSTERY WITNESS

He didn't live on a wealthy ranch? The money is in the property maybe.

No. He lives on his mom's property and it is valued at only $259,002: Teller County Property Records Database
It's a nice enough house with 2,862 SqFt, 3 Bedrooms 2 Bath and the property has a 1,296 Sqft barn but this is not a wealthy ranch property IMO. And it does not belong to PF. If PF was wealthy he would not have qualified for a public defender. MOO.

is 35 a made up number?? I highly doubt he even had 35.....did anyone see cows in the drone fly over? I sure didn't. Saw 5 or so horses.
Imo when KB's mom talked about cattle prices being down as a reason they weren't getting married it makes me think he had a significant amount of cattle to be affected by that. I also maintain that he may have had a BLM lease. Many ranchers that run on BLM leases that don't have a sufficient area to keep them in the off season will ship them elsewhere until late spring. JMO

Well in my neck of the woods if you have more farmland than cattle you are a farmer first but also raise cattle. If your primary income is from cattle but you have "some " farmland you are considered a rancher.
So he's a rancher since he has cattle and not making money by crops. Yay, (for me) lol if I actually got it!

No. He lives on his mom's property and it is valued at only $259,002: Teller County Property Records Database
It's a nice enough house with 2,862 SqFt, 3 Bedrooms 2 Bath and the property has a 1,296 Sqft barn but this is not a wealthy ranch property IMO. And it does not belong to PF. If PF was wealthy he would not have qualified for a public defender. MOO.
Thx for info.

Petkash Photog KKTV‏ @mpetkash
A man accused of murdering his fiancee #KelseyBerreth will face a judge Monday morning. #PatrickFrazee will appear in the Teller County Court House at 8:30am in Cripple Creek. KKTV will have a crew there to get the latest on this case.

DvuHwGsXgAEyb8E.jpg:large

Idk if he leases a ranch. If so, he may have a heck of a herd.

Income wise, ten horses shod x 4 = $1,000 cash in hand.
Any farriers here? Mine can do 50-60 per day. That’s providing the horses are caught, tied & ready. Actually, I bet he could do more. JMO. In my area $100 for 4 shoes is cheap. Below average.
To only trim a horse takes abt 15 minutes. $30-50 bucks.
MOO

Well, if he made good money he must not be very good at keeping hold of it/saving. Or perhaps wasn't declaring it as income so he didn't pay taxes on it? He qualified for a public defender. I think PF is broke. Maybe the farrier gig is something he does on the side for a select few clients like the 2 Mile High Club and not his primary source of income? JMO.

I believe solicitation is more than just asking a person to do a deed. There has to be follow-up, i.e payment agreed, dates etc.

It cannot be charged based solely on the testimony of one person, there must be proof that it occurred.

Can’t find specifics for CO but in general, just chatter is never enough to make a charge, much less conviction. I know on the Dateline sting epsides, LE must wait until the person takes out the money and tries to hand it over.

If texts exist, that would be concrete proof, IMO. But, there’s the “I was only kidding” defense. Right?

Anyone think his LE bro is the witness? Did PF discuss or attempt to recruit his bro? We will maybe know tomorrow.

They must be, if they haven't been arrested, right?

The only other possibility that I can think of would be him posting/soliciting on the internet. I’m not sure he’s that dumb...because I don’t really know anything about him. All I do know is that I want answers tomorrow, and I’m afraid we’re not going to get them.

I've always had a question about that studio-looking photograph of the two of them as a couple with the newborn.
That would seem like something that a REAL couple would do. It looks like they dressed for it, pose for it. Am I assuming it's a studio? I've never had that done.
That just seems like something that A COUPLE would do.

Could be in the hospital. When I had my daughter, a photographer came in soon after and offered to schedule pictures for during our stay. I was not feeling like having my picture taken, but it was offered. We had our daughter’s pictures taken there, we just decided not to be in them.

Well, if he made good money he must not be very good at keeping hold of it/saving. Or perhaps wasn't declaring it as income so he didn't pay taxes on it? He qualified for a public defender. I think PF is broke. Maybe the farrier gig is something he does on the side for a select few clients like the 2 Mile High Club and not his primary source of income? JMO.

Maybe. If he stops at a farm for a beer & to visit a friend that has horse/s I bet they almost always have a hoof issue & he can make money every time he gets out of his truck.

Well, technically farmers farm & ranchers raise cattle. PF is not a farmer. He is a rancher. :)

I don't think he is either. I think he likes to play at being a cowboy. But it doesn't matter much anymore because he won't be doing any ranching nor farming nor rodeo riding nor cow dog raising for a long, long time. Even if he somehow gets acquitted of the charges (which I doubt), this trial is likely to drag on for years. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState