CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #19 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they set it up as a robbery, what the heck were they supposed to be stealing? The huge diamonds in her safe? (Um no).

And I’m confused if it was a staged robbery, why take her body? This to me indicates PF was in fact the killer and his DNA is on her body. I’d venture she fought back and possibly his DNA is under her fingernails. He had to take her body to get rid of the DNA evidence. IMO.

Maybe he was going to set it up to look like a death during a robbery, but failed miserably at it. Maybe she fought back and he would have left far too much dna at the scene to go with the original plan.

Re-listened from the beginning of the presser. Take aways: two murder charges for two different theories - only one murder and there is a small amount of evidence that may be destroyed during the testing. Starts about 2 mins in.

The armed robbery doesn’t have to mean the place was torn up and the family noticed anything missing. Isn’t it possible in the armed robbery only her purse and cell phone were taken? I was a victim of an armed robbery many many years ago. He only took my purse though we were in my friend’s home and more could have been taken.

Making cinnamon buns this morning in honor, and memory of, sweet Kelsey.

I think 3 people were involved, one of them having a prior criminal record. One of them being romantically involved with PF, maybe for some time. The ID connection.

Until all are rounded up, and LE has air-tight reason to hold/charge, I believe their ID's are being protected.

IMO!

Are you saying a female girlfriend as a third person?
Just when I think I am starting to understand I get confused all over again.

...in all honesty, something could have been said in a joking manner that someone misinterpreted, also. As in some guys asking PF why he’d been AWOL, teasing & ribbing, asking if it’s bc of K, etc., and something could have been said that was taken out of context.
I think not. But, idk. We live in a weird world. Things seem to never be what they seem.
Does the solicited person have an axe to grind? Idk
MOO

Solicitation is a felony charge so this is not a "he said/she said" type of evidence.

KKTV News posted an article that says, in part:

Information from the court documents obtained by 11 News:

COUNT 1 - MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE
On or about November 22, 2018, PATRICK FRAZEE unlawfully, feleniously, after deliberation, and with the intent to cause the death of a person other than himself, caused the death of Kelsey Berreth.

COUNT 2 - SOLICITATION TO COMMIT MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE
Between and including September 1, 2018 and November 1, 2018, PATRICK FRAZEE unlawfully and feloniously commanded, induced, entered, or otherwise attempted to persuade another person to commit the felony of murder in the first degree, with intent to promote or facilitate the commission of that crime and under circumstances strongly corroborative of that intent.

COUNT 3-MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE
On or about November 22, 2018, PATRICK FRAZEE unlawfully and feloniously, acting alone or with one or more persons, committed or attempted to commit Robbery and, in the course of or in furtherance of that crime, or in the immediate flight therefrom, the death of Kelsey Berreth, a person, other than one of the participants, was cause by anyone.

COUNT 4-SOLICITATION TO COMMIT MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE
Between and including September 1, 2018 and November 1, 2018, PATRICK FRAZEE unlawfully and feloniously commanded, induced, entered, or otherwise attempted to persuade another person to commit the felony of murder in the first degree, with intent to promote or facilitate the commission of that crime and under circumstances strongly corroborative of that intent.

COUNT 5-SOLICITATION TO COMMIT MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE
Between and including September 1, 2018 and November 1, 2018 PATRICK FRAZEE unlawfully and feloniously commanded, induced, entreated, or otherwise attempted to persuade another person to commit the felony of murder in the first degree, with intent to promote or facilitate the commission of that crime and under circumstances strongly corroborative of that intent.

The charges listed on the court papers also say Frazee, possibly along with at least one other person, allegedly tried to rob Berreth and she was killed afterward.

If they set it up as a robbery, what the heck were they supposed to be stealing? The huge diamonds in her safe? (Um no).

And I’m confused if it was a staged robbery, why take her body? This to me indicates PF was in fact the killer and his DNA is on her body. I’d venture she fought back and possibly his DNA is under her fingernails. He had to take her body to get rid of the DNA evidence. IMO.

They probably took her body because it wasn’t a real robbery. They knew evidence on her would lead right to them. They probably stabbed a robbery and then realized after the fact that it wouldn’t work

Re-listened from the beginning of the presser. Take aways: two murder charges for two different theories - only one murder and there is a small amount of evidence that may be destroyed during the testing. Starts about 2 mins in.
Yes. BBM

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Quick explainer on #Frazee's five felonies. Two are first-degree murder under different theories of crime. One theory alleges Frazee killed #KelseyBerreth with intent and deliberation. Other alleges she died during commission of separate felony. @csgazette

From what I am understanding, the multiple charges deal with different scenarios still being investigated.
IMHO, this guy PF is more dangerous, more sinister than we might have thought and it's a darn good thing the baby is in protective custody under the care of her grandparents.
Also, IMHO, we dont NEED to know everything about this case! It needs to be FULLY investigated and whomever is posting pictures and docs from the proceedings......let me just say, because it's the most diplomatic I can say it, I hope you NEVER have to be in court because of a son or daughter!
MOO, MOO, MOO

They are allowed to do that? Charge him with 2 different 1st degree murder charges for the same person? Something doesn't seem right about that?

And to me, the felony murder charge doesn't make sense if he solicited others and either one of them followed through, or he did it himself, that would just be 1st degree murder, premeditated, wouldn't it? If there was a robbery or whatever it would have been part of the plan IMO

I'm so confused haha And now I'm reading formal charges have not been filed, so it's possible that that this is all wrong anyway?

Felony murder is murder that is carried out, whether intentional or not, as a natural consequence of the underlying crime. This means either during or immediately after the crime or attempted crime, the victim died. Usually this has to be a violent crime, which is generally kidnapping, robbery, arson, rape, or burglary. It is a different charge than premeditated first degree murder altogether, so he can (and apparently has been) charged with both.

Exactly! I think he wanted something from her that she had, and she wouldn't give it to him, he robbed her of it, and in course of that robbery she died. It wouldn't be a disaster in the house, it wouldn't look like there was a robbery.
I don't think this was accidental, if that's what you are thinking. Imo

It isn't necessarily robbery that is the primary crime for the first degree felony murder charge. Since he did end up with Baby K in his possession and he is not the legally recognized (meaning Colorado gives no 'rights' to biological fathers who are not married to the mothers at the time a child is born) father of the baby, kidnapping could be the primary crime. Also, since KB's brother (who probably has never even been in her townhouse) claimed that nothing was amiss or missing, robbery seems unlikely because there is no currently disclosed evidence to support it (in the court of public opinion).

Edit: Responding to last comment in my post - there is now. Details forthcoming...

You shared a link a few pages back with me that said: Felony murder is murder that occurs during the commission of another crime (robbery, kidnapping, etc.), with the other crime being the primary intention and murder happening as a secondary result.

So unless his intent was to go there and get the baby and he just happened to murder Kelsey in the process, it doesn't fit the felony murder charge. The taking of her phone and purse doesn't fit either unless he went there to steal it and he killed her in the process of taking it. The taking of the baby and the purse/phone seems to be the secondary crime here, not the primary. The primary crime would be the murder. JMO Even the solicitation supports that the murder would be the primary crime and it was premeditated.

We still have so many unanswered questions in this case. We don’t know who the accomplice is. I wonder if that person is complying with the DA for a lesser charge? It’s strange that her brother stated several times that NOTHING but her purse and phone was missing. They didn’t mention it looked as if a robbery with a struggle had taken place.

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Here’s the first 2 pages in #Frazee’s charging docs. #KelseyBerreth @csgazette

DvwmkElU0AYIrTJ.jpg

Dvwmk55U0AIwVi5.jpg

The armed robbery doesn’t have to mean the place was torn up and the family noticed anything missing. Isn’t it possible in the armed robbery only her purse and cell phone were taken? I was a victim of an armed robbery many many years ago. He only took my purse though we were in my friend’s home and more could have been taken.
Also, we don't know how much money she had in her purse.
But I agree, the house doesn't necessarily have to have looked like a robbery took place. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilasha34