CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #20 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This brings up a question I have wondered.. What brings on FBI in a case? I understand that the FBI is brought on based on the limitations of State capabilities/ expertise. But wondered when and why the FBI was called in?

IMO, the FBI will be called when a crime is believed to have been committed in more than one state.

I initially thought they were involved because this may have been a kidnapping/abduction.

Sometimes local LE is required to contact the FBI. “here come the suits”.

If you went to Walmart, you’d be one of the more put together people there.

You’d probably be approached for a modeling contract.

<modsnipped- keep idle off topic chit chat off the thread>

I think KB looked totally put together on the store video. She didn't look to me like she just rolled out of bed or anything. I think she looks like your average ordinary customer out running errands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did People snag this from other msm reports? This is just the first time I’ve heard an actual timeframe of weeks before. I’ve only heard it was the day before Thanksgiving, or on Thanksgiving Day. Did the aunt say it was “weeks before”?

Not trying to further muddy the waters, just wondering because People makes it sound like more than one relative have the timeframe of weeks before. I hadn’t heard that yet specifically.

Jmo that part seems just plain made up lol. Unless someone has seen it elsewhere...I sure haven’t.

Hi, WSers. I’m trying desperately to catch up after some family travel.

I’ve been stewing over the “robbery.”

Something just popped in my head. It is probably too far fetched, but then again, who knows what kinds of plans someone who solicits murder, will try to come up with.

CB said she was surprised that Kelsey’s hair was not done before going to Safeway. Suggesting that something, in CB’s mind, appeared “off” in KB’s routine.

We have not seen footage of Kelsey coming out of the store. In the scenario I’m offering, POSSIBLY someone was waiting for her. (Or even with her).

I went to the Woodland Park Safeway website, and listed under Services: Bank- Wells Fargo.

Safeway at 1101 E US Hwy 24 Woodland Park, CO| Weekly Ad, Grocery, Pharmacy

(Hypothetically) What if PF or accomplice threatened Kelsey at gunpoint (or other), if she did not go to Safeway (Bank) and withdrawal a large sum of money? Threatened her life and/or Baby K’s if she were to signal for any kind of help in the store.

This withdrawal could serve multiple purposes.

By Kelsey withdrawing a large some of money before “disappearing,” it adds to the picture that PF seemed to be painting, that Kelsey willingly skipped town.

The large sum could also be used to pay the solicitee or any other accomplices. PF himself, may have needed the money to help cover up his crime.

It would only be KB on camera at the ATM (assuming it was just a Wells Fargo ATM, not full service bank - esp. due to holiday).

To my knowledge, we have never heard anything from LE about KB’s last credit card or bank activity before or after disappearance. Possibly, they withheld this info. for good reason.

We have seen crimes before, where someone is threatened in their home, and is instructed to go make a withdrawal, and on delivering the money back at home, is subsequently killed.

In this scenario, why would she go to Safeway ATM vs. drive thru ATM? I guess that would depend on whether the perp was with/near/watching her. If she had freedom to choose, obviously Safeway would buy her more visibility. Or, PF thought her getting money and certain items at store would be more “proof” that Kelsey willingly left town. Who knows? Maybe this was the only ATM KB used in the past...

As far as how the rest went down, there are many possibilities. But I just wanted to offer a new “robbery” theory. (Apologies if this has already been theoried- I am still catching up on threads).

Thoughts? Way too far fetched? Possibility?

MOO

ETA- Western Union is also listed under services at that Safeway. I’ve never used the “cash back” option when paying by credit card. But that too (if requested by perp), could have make it look more like KB is preparing for a trip.

I am still getting caught up on this thread, but this post gave me chills. KB paying for her own murder? *shudders*

I am still getting caught up on this thread, but this post gave me chills. KB paying for her own murder? *shudders*
It’s crazy to think of this possibility, and while I’m the idiot who posed the theory, I’m hoping I’m WAY OFF BASE. I agree, shudder to think...

ETA- as another member mentioned- one really can’t access any significant amount of money via ATM, making this theory even less likely. There is a full service bank in Safeway, but it was closed on Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
IMO, the FBI will be called when a crime is believed to have been committed in more than one state.

I initially thought they were involved because this may have been a kidnapping/abduction.

Sometimes local LE is required to contact the FBI. “here come the suits”.

This was addressed in the press conference. The FBI came in because there are so few murders handled by this police dept they needed more expertise

I wonder what the norm was for taking care of the child. Did PF have the child mostly Monday thru Friday or did PF return the child to Kelsey when she got home Monday night, Tuesday night, Wednesday night, etc and pick her up Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday mornings, etc. Seems like a lot of transferring and transporting the child around from Kelsey's to PF's.
JMO, there is no way a new mother would leave her infant daughter with PF/SF day and overnight during the week. I think she would either pick her up after work each night or PF would drop her off.

JMO, there is no way a new mother would leave her infant daughter with PF/SF day and overnight during the week. I think she would either pick her up after work each night or PF would drop her off.
I agree. If she had let Frazee take the baby for the week, there would have been no need to travel back to Woodland Park every day. Kelsey would have just stayed closer to where she worked if she didn't have the baby with her every night.

Did People snag this from other msm reports? This is just the first time I’ve heard an actual timeframe of weeks before. I’ve only heard it was the day before Thanksgiving, or on Thanksgiving Day. Did the aunt say it was “weeks before”?

Not trying to further muddy the waters, just wondering because People makes it sound like more than one relative have the timeframe of weeks before. I hadn’t heard that yet specifically.
It's the first time I've read it too and I don't think it's credible information. It's not even clear which relatives supposedly said the engagement was called off weeks before. Kelsey's relatives? PF's relatives? And none of the other media outlets who have covered the case since the beginning have this information? Color me skeptical.
MOO

I'm guessing there is more of a chance he DID NOT burn her than he did. First of all a burning body has a smell like no other and it never leaves you. I was stationed in Japan in the military and once or twice a week they would cremate people quite a ways away from the base but you would always smell it and always comment on it.
But in CO any sign of fire is taken extremely seriously especially due to the major fires of the Waldo Canyon Fire and more recently the Black Forest Fire which impacted me, I was evacuated and it came within about a mile of my house. But most people that smell smoke especially in a more remote area will not hesitate to call 911 immediately. The thing is the winds in CO are very strong coupled with it is extremely dry. So it doesn't take long for a fire to get completely out of control. The Hayman Fire which was probably 15 years ago was more in the area we are discussing and it seemed like it took forever to put out. I just think by burning it would draw unwanted attention very quickly as you can smell the smoke for miles with the wind. I am attaching a few pics of the Black Forest Fire taken from my deck before I was evacuated. Yes, fires/smoke are taken very seriously here in CO. But then again it doesn't appear that he has done a very good job of covering his tracks up to this point... MOO
Glad you were spared. And pines and conifers will really burn with the turpentine and other resins contained in them. Yep. Don't think he burned her. Think he rode out into a desolate spot where he buried her if he was really smart. So lots of snow and if he did take her to somewhere out of Cripple Creek and buried her and now she is covered with snow...disturbed earth won't appear disturbed. Did you notice the picture of her with the donkeys? Such a sad thought that a place she loved may be where she was discarded.

One point that I have a query about is they keep showing the clip of her entering the store but there is nothing about her leaving the store. Was there no recording of that as it could be very relevant to see if she left happily, tensed or with someone. Were there no witnesses from the store?

Please forgive if it has already been addressed here.

I wonder if he also wanted to hurt CB. He did move Kelsey away from her family and he kept the baby from CB while professing that Kelsey just left to visit family. I wonder how much of his behavior was to hurt CB as well.
Its possible. After reading on the dailymail that PF was planning to kill the mother of his baby for 3 months, this monster is capable of anything. :mad:

One point that I have a query about is they keep showing the clip of her entering the store but there is nothing about her leaving the store. Was there no recording of that as it could be very relevant to see if she left happily, tensed or with someone. Were there no witnesses from the store?

Please forgive if it has already been addressed here.
This is still up in the air. I see two likely possibilities here:

That video clip was specifically selected because they wanted to show Kelsey’s appearance.

Or

The remainder of that video contains evidence that they don’t want released.

Last edited:

THIS (BBM). Asolutely this.
My gut says he wanted to hurt KB but my brain can only fathom two logical reasons at this point: jealousy over her success or complete dedication to her beliefs (religion). Anything else is so ridiculous but I guess if I've learned anything here on Websleuths is that in the mind of a criminal, literally anything is possible.... moo and all that jazz

Not saying that ANY murder is logical but killers always have a reason that seems logical in their minds I suppose o_O:mad:

Poor little K. My heart aches for how much she must be wanting her mama. Lord have mercy on her sweet innocent soul. :(
Yup. And this monster PF allegedly solicited 3 different people to ill KB and planned it for 3 months. Sick, evil, freak.
I think he's a controlling sadist.
moo

Reading your first sentence triggered an awful idea. What if PF sent someone to stage a robbery, and that vile person raped KB during the crime? Maybe PF figured that out, and they had to go back and clear up the staged scene and dispose of the remains?
How horrific. The more I read about PF the more I'm sure he's capable of anything.
Maybe he gave the person/persons free range and said do whatever you want, just make it look like a robbery gone wrong?
He's evil.
moo

I agree but if he was that intimidated by her successful life why did he get so involved with her, to the point of having a baby?
I believe she was working at a coffee shop. I'm not sure that I've seen a complete rundown of her life's timeframe, so I'm not sure if that was before or after she moved to Colorado to be with PF. Doss Aviation happened after she moved to CO. Anyone know when she was hired by Doss?

Exactly. The common denominator in so many of these murders is a killer who thinks they are smarter than LE and everyone else. They think they can pull off the perfect crime. It was easier years ago before technology and cameras everywhere.
Yes. And I'm glad there are cameras everywhere.

It makes me feel safer going to my car late at night when I have to make a grocery run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member