CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #25 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree he took whatever he used with him. While we are on the subject of possible weapons, PF supposedly had hit a horse with a rasp in the past. I wasn't familiar with the type of rasp a farrier would use so I looked it up. And I saw a lot farrier rasps online that have been forged into knives. PF would have had a forge. I wonder if PF had such a knife?
Farrier's Rasp Knife

At first I was looking at that rasp knife and thinking that could be ideal for evidence retrieval-- all those little triangle shaped divots would be difficult to clean and might hold trace DNA. Then it occurred to me that if he is into forging weapons reheating a blade in his forge could possibly destroy all traces or blood DNA. I really hope he was not that crafty. But he had a lot of time to plan this murder. And 10 days to destroy evidence. :(

MOO.

Holy. never thought of that.... I didn't look one up but if you forge it does the shape change- can you melt the whole thing? Just thinking even if there was no DNA the shape might be unique enough to match to wounds. Its too close to bed to think of these things...

That is VERY interesting!
IMO, it indicates there likely hasn't been any deal struck with KK yet.
LE appears to be in full investigative mode right now re: KK's level of involvement.
IMO, they will be going back months to look at her movements, SM, texts, emails, bank statements, etc. to ascertain what/when/how she is involved in the crime.
LE appears to be laser-focused on KK right now.

All JMVHO

Maybe just doing some confirming, if she is talking.

I disagree with your first point, that she had more of a reason to want KB dead than PF did.

KB and PF were not living together, and may not have been romantically involved for some time.

If they were living together, that would be a different matter entirely, but as that’s not the case here, I don’t see the threat.
Well, This is my thinking. You have two women, both involved with the same man. We don’t know what really happened, but it’s not a stretch for me to think PF didn’t want to live with either. IF, again speculation, KK thought the only thing standing between her and PF was KB, she may have wanted her out of the picture. We don’t know what was going on but truthfully what was PFs motive? Child support? Maybe KK was talking to him putting ideas in his head. He doesn’t strike me as highly motivated in life. Would child support be the motive? He would have probably let mom pay that as well as pay for a roof over his head. JMO opinion.

Holy. never thought of that.... I didn't look one up but if you forge it does the shape change- can you melt the whole thing? Just thinking even if there was no DNA the shape might be unique enough to match to wounds. Its too close to bed to think of these things...
They’d need a body in order to make any type of comparison.

No luck yet.

This is related to the posts written on if a neighbor could have seen anything when KB went missing.

I know many people don't trust in NG with all she says, but I listened to podcast last week dated (12/26) and the guests on the show this day also speculate what LE may have found and what led them back to the townhouse. Ashley Willcott, Caryn Stark, David Mack, and Ellen Killoran. At around 16:15 on the podcast, some speculate on the physical evidence that may have been found in the townhouse and his arrest the next day.

Discussion of a neighbor. (14:08) A neighbor spoke to LE about what she noticed to be unusual the day KB went to Safeway. She saw KB's red truck and car parked the way KB normally parks her two vehicles in the driveway, both facing the home. But, she said PF parked his red truck perpendicular to KB's vehicles, deliberately hemming the vehicles in from behind.

Crime Stories with Nancy Grace

Last edited:

Yep, definitely could be that, clu!

I'm interested that somebody appears to be sharing info w/ that reporter, though...he knows what they're there to collect and he's used the "A" word, i.e. "Accomplice?" Granted, he added a ? at the end, but that's the first time I think I've seen MSM use that term in connection with KK specifically.

Might very well just be sensationalist, click-bait reporting, too, though.

People have discussed motive and I think PF's motive was to have the last say. I think Kelsey was clearly smarter and PF could not "win" a logical argument if this makes sense. When couples break up they often argue and nit-pick about little things especially when the break up is still raw. IMO PF'S anger built and built and he wanted to "have the last say" by getting rid of her.

I would be shocked beyond all get out if law enforcement did not obtain her time card information before speaking to her. Rule number 1 when it comes to interviewing a potential suspect (or involved party) is to already know the answers to a number of questions you are going to ask because you want to know as soon as possible if the person will lie to you and if they do lie what are they lying about. Most important aspects time and space i.e. Were you at *advertiser censored* at HH:MM on MM/DD? Where were you on MM/DD at HH:MM? Can you tell me what you purchased at *advertiser censored* on MM/DD? etc. and who e.g. Do you know *advertiser censored*? Were you with *advertiser censored* on MM/DD? Was *advertiser censored* at your home? etc.

Oh, I hadn't even thought of that-- comparing the shape. But, I think a skilled metal forger could reshape a blade as well. There is a competition show on the History channel called Forged in Fire that shows what blacksmiths can do: Forged in Fire Full Episodes, Video & More | HISTORY
Let's hope PF was not all that smart though and that they have a weapon to tie him to the crime (if a weapon was used). MOO.

Last edited:
Well, This is my thinking. You have two women, both involved with the same man. We don’t know what really happened, but it’s not a stretch for me to think PF didn’t want to live with either. IF, again speculation, KK thought the only thing standing between her and PF was KB, she may have wanted her out of the picture. We don’t know what was going on but truthfully what was PFs motive? Child support? Maybe KK was talking to him putting ideas in his head. He doesn’t strike me as highly motivated in life. Would child support be the motive? He would have probably let mom pay that as well as pay for a roof over his head. JMO opinion.
I don’t think KK was instigator of getting rid of KB at all. But don’t think it is related to whether or not she lived with PF (but could be wrong bc people can be nuttier that we think, as we all know).

I think it has more to do with PF’s psychopathology and who he targets to be in his circle of helpers and admirers (similar to narcissistic supply).

Last edited:
I would be shocked beyond all get out if law enforcement did not obtain her time card information before speaking to her. Rule number 1 when it comes to interviewing a potential suspect (or involved party) is to already know the answers to a number of questions you are going to ask because you want to know as soon as possible if the person will lie to you and if they do lie what are they lying about. Most important aspects time and space i.e. Were you at *advertiser censored* at HH:MM on MM/DD? Where were you on MM/DD at HH:MM? Can you tell me what you purchased at *advertiser censored* on MM:DD? etc. and who e.g. Do you know *advertiser censored*? Were you with *advertiser censored* on MM/DD? Was *advertiser censored* at your home? etc.
We saw this type of thing in the discovery documents of the Watts case.

As soon as they developed a new potential witness, they opened up a file, and performed a background investigation on them.

They didn’t approach anyone until they had first done their homework.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member