CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone think of a case where someone disappeared voluntarily due to mental illness but also made an effort to text her place of employment to say she wouldn't be in for a week and text her significant other? I can't think of one. All the cases I know of where someone walked away willingly or committed suicide they acted like nothing was wrong and then just disappeared. They usually don't bother to cancel future plans or give a time line of when they might be back (1 week). Because once they have decided to do what they are going to do nothing else matters. And it always leave a wake of "whys" on the part of loved ones because there was no goodbye, no closure. Suicide notes are actually very rare. And I think most people who struggle with depression do not want to give anyone an impression something is wrong or leave any breadcrumbs like that type of text would leave. JMO.
That teacher from Maine did- she committed suicide. Also, that poor woman who's daughters were frantic about her disappearance and a PI they hired found her in her vehicle deceased from suicide- she left text messages and a note was with her when they found her (it was a big case on here- sorry, I don't remember her name!)- she, too, called in to her work.

Doss contracts with the military.
Would it be possible for Kelsey to be housed in a military medical facility?

I would say no as she's not in the military herself. Plus I'm certain that someone would have contacted police or the FBI so that the search stopped. Not sure about HIPPA if she checked into a mental facility, but I'm guessing someone could say "something", right?

So she makes cinnamon rolls for breakfast, calls her mother to ask for recipe, goes shopping at safeway and then? Wouldn't it stand to reason if you have a fiance, you call your mother for a recipe on thanksgiving, you go shopping at a grocery store, that you're buying stuff to make that recipe you called about for thanksgiving dinner with your fiance? But instead of cooking, you "exchange custody" and return home alone? It's thanksgiving for goodness sake.

They’ll probably do the same thing they did with the last one, and announce the time tomorrow morning.

It’ll be on Facebook for everyone to see, although one person likely won’t, because he apparently lives in a cave.
His lawyer already issued a statement that PF won't be speaking to the media so there should be zero expectation of him appearing at the press conference.

It is complicated. Technically, the facility has to.have an access number, and a list of approved contacts. If the husband is not on the list and knows no access number, they won't give any information. I don't know about the police.

If it involves a missing person investigation, under HIPAA they can let investigators know that the person is a patient there, but they don't have to tell them what they are in treatment for.

Candlelight vigil participants offer support, prayers for missing Woodland Park mother

Just a few blocks from the townhome where missing Woodland Park resident Kelsey Berreth lives, family, friends and strangers gathered Thursday night to show their support and pray for her safe return.

“She is a community member, a mother, a daughter, a sister and friend to so many,” Nichols said. “We want to continue to raise awareness of her and show our love, hope and support.”

Woodland Park Police Chief Miles De Young announced at the vigil that a reward is being offered for information leading to the location or safe return of Berreth.

And Wells Fargo banks have set up a donation account to benefit the family under the Kelsey Berreth Fund, he said.

In addition to police officers, sheriff’s deputies and firefighters, a slew of national and regional media also attended the vigil, as the search for Berreth made national headlines this week.

Berreth’s mother, Cheryl Berreth, who also was at a news conference in Woodland Park on Monday, said briefly after the vigil that she has faith and hope her daughter will return home safely.

Bingo! Kelsey is known to be responsible, a good mother, employee! She's been gone almost three weeks now. Something is definitely off here! No way a good daughter/mother would leave her family members worried sick for this length of time. Something is rotten here!
Yes, something is off here but I meant that the few people who knew her in Colorado would have had a hard time explaining away a huge block of time on Thanksgiving. And that absence would be obvious to other family members, which leads me to believe that someone who wasn't close to her or known to her would be involved - unless she didn't disappear on Thanksgiving Day but the next day.

I would say no as she's not in the military herself. Plus I'm certain that someone would have contacted police or the FBI so that the search stopped. Not sure about HIPPA if she checked into a mental facility, but I'm guessing someone could say "something", right?
The police would just announce that she is safe and nothing else. HIPPA would not be breached in a case such as this.

What I’m stuck on is why she dropped her daughter off at her fiancés house and then he never thought it was odd or didn’t report it/look into why she didn’t ever call to check on the child (or talk to him for that matter - I mean they’re engaged). As a mom, I can’t imagine leaving my child anywhere for multiple days without any form of contact. It just seems very odd that he didn’t seem bothered by it. I’m also wondering what the circumstances surrounding that drop off were. If this wasn’t an estranged ex type situation and they’re supposedly happily engaged and share a child together why was she even dropping the child off as if that wasn’t the case? It’s all just very odd. Almost too planned.

But for what it’s worth, I will say I actually don’t think he was involved. Well not criminally at least. I heard he voluntarily took a DNA test and handed over his phone (I’m on mobile but it was a People magazine link). Yes I know guilty criminals have done that as well. But I just don’t get that vibe from this case. However I think he knows more. He has to. Because no loving father and concerned fiancée is content with his fiancé and child’s mother losing contact for several days and not thinking to check up on her, call her family or employer, or better yet call LE.

FYI-
Experiencing major depression and anxiety from a rough year, I checked myself into a facility the week before Thanksgiving.
There was a van available from the hospital to pick me up at my door if need be.
There was no need to pack, the hospital had everything for me.
I only brought my purse and phone, which were locked in a safe on arrival.
If LE, or family, or friends had contacted the facility and asked for you, would the facility had given them that information?

If it involves a missing person investigation, under HIPAA they can let investigators know that the person is a patient there, but they don't have to tell them what they are in treatment for.
Thank you. Same goes for shelters. They will always let LE know that a missing person is safe and in shelter while maintaining the client's confidentiality and not disclosing the location. It does happen fairly routinely; there's protocol for hospitals and shelters and places where missing persons tend to turn up to let authorities know that person is accounted for.

I wonder if Southern Idaho has any significance to KB? Or if it was her driving by chance, was she just on her way to mom in North Idaho? That's quite a drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nat Dru