CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #30 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the R duo, I think they may be highly pissed.
Iirc, they told M to have KK contact them, she did not.
IMO, they were learning more & more from M, probably drilling her (picture Mrs. R snuggled on office sofa with arm around M, “can you think of MORE info to tell me”),
Anticipating KK would arrive any moment & they’d be involved in a high profile case. Obviously, based on M’s info, they knew KK needed a lawyer. Maybe, after KK hired an atty, they decided to step forward, tarnishing his case (should there be one). Perhaps they felt used after offering free advice. I doubt they need money, he’s probably been in practice long enough to be financially set, for life.
Another thing, is KK remotely pleased her bestie divulged so much? I would not be. Her number would be off my contact list. IMO, a friend keeps her mouth shut.
We may never know, will M continue with the firm?
I would dismiss her, personally. I would expect more professionalism, less drama.

ETA: also, maybe Mr. R contacted KK’s atty,wanting to be co-counsel & KK was not interested. Being such a small town, everyone must know everyone. Few secrets exist in that community. Lol

Last edited:
“Our niece is missing ... She broke up with her ex on Thanksgiving, he said she dropped off the baby and was heading to Soap Lake Washington to visit.”
— Kelsey Berreth's aunt, posting on a Facebook group
Kelsey Berreth: Police Search Fiancé’s Ranch In Hunt For Missing Colorado Mom

Frazee and his family have stayed mum on Kelsey, too, and haven’t attended vigils or media events.

At that point, Frazee is still a free man so it's not like his family had to hide out from the press or in shame or whatever. Ma and the sister obviously knew Kelsey. How strange they didn't show up for anything but trying to get that baby.

I know KK is looking more and more guilty, especially after the R's interview, but reading through the posts, I just had a thought of how KK could possibly be slightly less guilty.

***SPECULATION***

What if she said no to all 3 requests for her to kill KB and she thought the conversation was over. Then Thanksgiving rolled around and KK and PF made plans to spend it together in CO. Little did KK realize, but PF planned to kill KB at this time. Once she arrived, the deed was done and PF convinced KK to take some of KB's stuff. She was so caught off guard/scared since she realized he actually killed someone, she just did as he asked. In this scenario, she still could have gone to LE early on, even before the R's contacted them.
Your *speculation* theory sounds very much what I imagine Krystal to be telling LE as explanation for her involvement. The question is, if this (or similar) is her story...is it TRUE? even 50% true? Or... 99% false?

Still here, impatiently waiting for some answers.

Are you saying that the R's claimed there were texts to the Berreth's from KB's phone on 11/25? If so, I need to go back and listen again. I don't remember that.
MOO

Let us know what you hear, please.
I thought that’s what DM reported. Sounds plausible, to keep up the charade KB was alive & well.

Another thing, We know KB spoke with her mom Thanksgiving. LE has not actually confirmed she was murdered that day. Idk how, w/o confession, they can determine a date. If after midnight, it would have been Fri. It’s possible she didn’t use her phone Thanksgiving after speaking with CB.
We know KK was in town Saturday. We have no idea when she arrived. As some suggest, did she only drive to CO, after the fact, to retrieve the phone? If so, imo, there’s one reason, she’s in love. Moo

Last edited:
Not to go off topic, but this made me think of a segment of CBS Sunday morning about Angelo Prison Rodeo. They do still have them. IMO murderers, rapists, etc. shouldn't have the privilege to partake. Sadly when I was looking for an article one of the first ones that came up about this famous prison rodeo was about a girl being raped at the event by an inmate. :-(
13-year-old girl raped by inmate at controversial Angola Prison Rodeo in Louisiana: report - NY Daily News
This was really bad reporting. After interviewing the girl involved and doing DNA tests of both her and the inmate, it was concluded that there was NO rape and no contact between them. People just freaked out when they saw them walk out of the restroom at the same time. I attached the story from our local reporter, but all the MSM states no rape occurred.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articl...sf/2017/11/no_sexual_contact_between_inma.amp

IMO, an LPN can become licensed with a two-year Associate's degree in Nursing, but an RN must earn a four-year Bachelor's degree at a college or university. Since it was confirmed that KK is a registered nurse, she may have attended the same college as PF since Mrs. R stated they may have met "right after high school." I recall reading on WS that he listed "some college" when he was arrested as shown on one of the public documents. CO State and U of CO have both agricultural and nursing programs. MOO

IMO, an LPN can become licensed with a two-year Associate's degree in Nursing, but an RN must earn a four-year Bachelor's degree at a college or university. Since it was confirmed that KK is a registered nurse, she may have attended the same college as PF since Mrs. R stated they may have met "right after high school." I recall reading on WS that he listed "some college" when he was arrested as shown on one of the public documents. CO State and U of CO have both agricultural and nursing programs. MOO

Good points but since we can’t sleuth her we can’t post anything if we found the answer to this.

I honestly think they're just trying to downplay and justify their own inaction... :/ IMO....

I agree with this BUT... there's that elephant in the room and that is how did they know Kelsey was missing on Nov 26? Either they are mistaken about that date or they found out from BFF via KKLRQ. Then they make up some BS about seeing it on FB? Yeah, riiiight. They knew about a possible murder plot, found out the victim went missing and STILL sat on it. Yeah, they're trying to justify their own inaction, alright, but, imo, they have lied while doing so (no such FB post) and gone to very peculiar lengths to defend KKLRQ. It's really bizarre and I don't get it, at all.

Last edited:
I agree with this BUT... there's that elephant in the room and that is how did they know Kelsey was missing on Nov 26? Either they are mistaken about that date or they found out from BFF via KKLRQ. Then they make up some BS about seeing it on FB? Yeah, riiiight. They knew about a possible murder plot, found out the victim went missing and STILL sat on it. Yeah, they're trying to justify their own inaction, alright, but, imo, they have lied while doing so (no such FB post) and gone to very peculiar lengths to defend KKLRQ. It's really bizarre and I don't get it, at all.

It’s not really “defending” KK, imo. It’s like they are compelled to get her info out here. Then they justify what they reveal “he was her first love”, “he had a hold on her”.
Maybe KK’s attys asked R’s to “back away”. I think if they were defending her, we would nothing of them. Lol

Well, it's bizarre for SURE. I didn't say it was successful CYA, just an attempt at CYA, with the "stated purpose" to "help their employee" just a pretext so they could "CYA" themselves... And saying they knew KB was missing on November 26, I can't wrap my head around that at all, without acknowledging that the only way they'd have known that she was missing 11/26 is from those involved with the murder. MOOOOOOOO........

Last edited:
clu, I think LE has her dead to rights on accessory after the fact r/t the disposal of the cell phone/sending the texts to KB's employer, etc.

ITA w/ you that LE faces a greater challenge trying to both determine the scope of her involvement and to gather all the evidence against her than they do with nailing PF's hide.

It would be a horrible miscarriage of justice if the DA cut a deal prematurely only to discover too late that she had any type of active role in KB's murder. IMO, LE is being rightfully cautious and methodical...letting her talk and then seeing if she's being truthful and whether what she's giving them has real evidentiary value in the case against PF.

With regard to anything issuing forth out of KK's pie-hole, LE should be adopting a
strict "(Mis)trust and (Triple) Verify" policy. JMO.

I am afraid LE cut a deal for immunity for her.

The reason I worry about this is because the only bargaining chip she had was her information and agreeing to testify against PF so surely she would have gotten a signed deal through her lawyer before she shared all she knows.

Otherwise if she would have told all she knew before getting a signed deal then LE could charge her with crimes and she would have no way to stop it. Which is why I think a deal was made before she shared all she knew.

I have seen in the movies (i know...LOL) where LE may do a deal like this but what they would do is have wording in the deal that so long as she wasnt the one that actually did the murder then the deal is valid. That is something LE may agree to and sign the deal without knowing her involvement up front. If they found out she actually did the murder then the deal would be off and she could be charged with murder.

I hope I am wrong about her getting full immunity through a deal already because I am thinking she is culpable at least helping after the fact and that should warrant some sort of penalty.

Last edited:
This was really bad reporting. After interviewing the girl involved and doing DNA tests of both her and the inmate, it was concluded that there was NO rape and no contact between them. People just freaked out when they saw them walk out of the restroom at the same time. I attached the story from our local reporter, but all the MSM states no rape occurred.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articl...sf/2017/11/no_sexual_contact_between_inma.amp
Oh good! I thought it was kind of strange that they continued to have the rodeo the next year.

Regarding the Daily Mail article which states, "The couple also claimed that Lee had been in possession of Berreth's phone - which had pinged off a cell tower in a nearby town just a few days after she went missing - and that she had sent texts to Berreth's family and employer in the days after the woman disappeared."
Couple who exposed Patrick Frazee knew he planned to murder Kelsey Berreth weeks before her death | Daily Mail Online

Nowhere in the R's interviews did they state that KK sent texts to KB's family. The Daily Mail is wrong. Here is what the R's said in their interview about the texts:

Three days later, police said Berreth's cell phone pinged nearly 600 miles away in Gooding, Idaho. Several texts from the phone were sent including one to her employer saying she would be away for a week and another to Frazee. Patty said she thinks Lee sent the texts.

"She had the phone," Patty said. "She was probably instructed to send those texts by Patrick but that's – there's nobody else that could've sent those texts to my knowledge."
Idaho woman had relationship with fiancé of missing Colorado mom, couple claims

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members