CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #31 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you serious?!?!?!? If this wasn't accurate and confirmed, why even put it out there????
The spokesperson for the landfill confirmed to ABC that the landfill search is connected to Kelsey's case. The Gazette is reporting that they tried to confirm with the 4th Judicial DA's office who would not comment, nor would the CBI communications director (which is not at all unexpected IMO).
MOO

Last edited:
If P spent time on any large ranches/quarter horse farms, they have dumpsters, rather than trash containers provided by the sanitation company.
The large farms in my state all have various size dumpsters, scattered around near barns & tenant houses on the ranch. There’s incredible amount of waste, dealing with horses. The feed bags, for one. Any private individual can have a dumpster, in A rural area.
At the WM website, and google images, they have photos of a variety of large, atypical dumpsters, as you describe. I tried to upload photos last night, but the links blewup.

Driving a body in an animal trailer with a couple of cows or horses all the way to ID may be unreasonable. But just over to a friend's ranch in El Paso or Pueblo county is not so very far, and in the opposite direction of KB's phone.

Just d***. Someone must be talking specifics. I am really curious if PF finally gave it up. Or is KK just spilling all, which BTW implicates herself mostly regardless of who else she includes in her story, a story intended to exonerate herself as only a sideline bit player. Or is it another unknown person?

On their website, the CBI says they have "nearly 200 employees". The CSPD, who has jurisdiction over the area and would serve a warrant if required, has 989, according to their website. Approximately 1189 employees available for one search is larger than any other law enfolrcement activity in the State of Colorado. It's about the same number as a fully staffed Army regiment. Isn't the question of further assistance somewhat rhetorical? I'm not trying to be rude or picky here. The news media grabs onto anything and blows it up to huge proportions, it always being the good against the bad. We seem to be jumping back and forth from discussing very small police operations in WP and Teller County to discussing some of the largest police operations in North America, as if they were the same, as dictated by the news. I'm trying to keep it in perspective. IMO
I think I need to clarify that the Woodland Park Police are no longer leading the investigation in this case. Investigation is now the responsibility of the 4th District Prosecutors office, which is in Colorado Springs and has their own detectives. The Colorado Bureau of Investigation is based in Denver, 70 miles away from the dump, but Has a large branch operation in Pueblo, less than 40 miles from the dump. The 4th District prosecutors office, the CBI and CSPD work together 24/7/365.

Inside Boulder detectives' month-long search for answers in an Arkansas landfill

Dave, this in only ONE article I pulled up describing how LE bands together for dump searches. Jmo
Idk whomthey might ask or what LE might volunteer to assist. Haven’t heard that info reported, yet.

OMG, that is fascinating! I can't even imagine having to do that work in the summer heat and humidity in Arkanasas.

My biggest initial concern is that the dump being searched in the Boulder County case was a landfill that served a town of less than 6,800 people, plus certainly some of the surrounding rural countryside. I couldn't find any information about the volume of waste they process in a given year, but there is no question it is a much, much smaller facility than one of two landfills that serve WM for Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Teller County.

And the other thing is that I see that spent nearly $300,000 for that search. Boulder County is densely populated and wealthy. Teller County is small and poorer. Maybe the state will be able to fund that. Or El Paso County. That's a lot of money to spend for a search that may not turn up anything.

Edited for clarification.

Last edited:
@Mom24, and here is CBS's version from this morning:

Kelsey Berreth Search: Investigators Look In Landfill
Investigators have zoned in on an area in southern Colorado in their effort to find the body of missing mother Kelsey Berreth. Police have not found the 29 year old’s body but they have said they believe she is dead.

In a statement, Waste Management says the company was contacted by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation about the Midway Landfill.

Police are now focusing on the landfill in Fountain.

Local station KOAA: CBI asks to search landfill in El Paso County as part of investigation

News5 confirmed that the Colorado Bureau of Investigation reached out to Waste Management about a potential search at the landfill in Midway.

The company told NBC News that it is cooperating with the investigation and also told News5 that the search has not happened yet.

The CBI and the 4th Judicial District have not yet commented about a possible search.

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation is one of the agencies handling the investigation into the disappearance of Kelsey Berreth.

Fox News: Search for missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth leads to landfill

Authorities may be zeroing in on a Colorado landfill in the continuing search for Kelsey Berreth, who is believed to have been murdered by her fiancé after she vanished on Thanksgiving Day.

"The Colorado Bureau of Investigation contacted Waste Management of Colorado regarding a potential search at Midway Landfill and we are cooperating fully," a Waste Management spokesperson said in a statement in FOX31.

The spokesperson said further inquiries should be forwarded to the Fourth Judicial District Attorney's Office.

A spokeswoman confirmed to ABC News the search inquiry was related to Berreth’s disappearance.

At the WM website, and google images, they have photos of a variety of large, atypical dumpsters, as you describe. I tried to upload photos last night, but the links blewup.

Driving a body in an animal trailer with a couple of cows or horses all the way to ID may be unreasonable. But just over to a friend's ranch in El Paso or Pueblo county is not so very far, and in the opposite direction of KB's phone.

Just d***. Someone must be talking specifics. I am really curious if PF finally gave it up. Or is KK just spilling all, which BTW implicates herself mostly regardless of who else she includes in her story, a story intended to exonerate herself as only a sideline bit player. Or is it another unknown person?

I’m in the heart of horse country, frequently at farms with 15 or more tenant homes, oodles of buildings/barns, any given farm, seems to have a dumpster positioned near every barn. I’ve actually stopped at a dumpster, to tidy up my vehicle, pitching things, nothing crime related.
If P performed farrier services for a large farm he might alone, too. Farm/horse owner is not required to be on site, only to have the horses up, ready for the farrier.
Some farms are as big as a small village, in my area. Most owners are in the main house, rarely in the barns. If he did service a large farm, he likely deals with barn staff. Jmo

OMG, that is fascinating! I can't even imagine having to do that work in the summer heat and humidity in Arkanasas.

My biggest initial concern is that the dump being searched in the Boulder County case was a landfill that served a town of less than 6,800 people, plus certainly some of the surrounding rural countryside. I couldn't find any information about the volume of waste they process in a given year, but there is no question it is a much, much smaller facility than one of two landfills that serve WM for Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Teller County.

And the other thing is that I see that spent nearly $300,000 for that search. Boulder County is densely populated and wealthy. Teller County is small and poorer. Maybe the state will be able to fund that. Or El Paso County. That's a lot of money to spend for a search that may not turn up anything.

Edited for clarification.

Thankfully, they had enough manpower to rotate. That would not be a pleasant FT position, by any means.
It was also a great learning experience for a lot of other departments. The guys must be so spent & defeated after searching, to no avail.

I don't want to violate the rules, but I also don't have time to comb through all the last several days of posts.....

A few days ago I saw that Tricia approved Woodland Park Underground as an acceptable source. Has that changed?

EDITED: I am informed that not all of WPU is deemed an acceptable source, so I won't discuss it. Just one particular video was approved.

Thank you, Mom24.

Please forgive me as I am going 8000 miles an hour here and I am out of town. After looking at WPU I see it is not really a mainstream media site. If I approved it earlier then it was for that particular video.

For now, let's keep WPU off limits. If you see something compelling you feel should be posted please send me a message with a link to the article. and I'll let you know if you can or cannot post.

Sorry for the confusion.

Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members