CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #33 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for her mom.
Yes, as well as all that could have been provided from her income as a flight instructor or airline pilot, as she had planned on possibly becoming. She had all her working years ahead of her, while her parents have most of them behind them, and may not be able to provide what should have been if she had lived. Imo

...Takes her purse and phone but leaves her two cars there. But then sends texts telling employer and himself that she is going to be gone for a week or So.

I agree that he thought no body meant no proof of death.

But I think leaving the cars was a deliberate act.

—Driving one of the cars would probably have resulted in video footage somewhere along the route and the driver might be recognized.
— I’m not familiar with the area but a car parked for a long time might be recognized as abandoned, and send up red flags. I think he hoped sending the text messages would delay the search even longer than it did, while an abandoned car could speed up the search.
—Leaving the cars in place makes it more plausible to claim that she left with someone.

We’re not dealing with Mr. Brilliant here so who knows, maybe it was just easier.

JMO

sadly, the body would fit in a "contractor" trash bag- something a big guy could probably carry in one hand, and it would not necessarily raise any question if no one was already aware that KB was missing. no need for a suitcase or a rug or any expensive or unique item. :(
Or something like this. Apologies if something similar has been posted.

Crooked Horn Large Rodeo Roller Gear Bag

• Indian student's body found in suitcase in Australia

World News | Indo-Asian News Service | Monday March 14, 2011

ozgirl120.jpg

The body of a 24-year-old Indian-origin student, who was murdered after being sexually assaulted, was found stuffed in a suitcase in a park in Sydney, a media report said Monday.Police said the "predator" had waited until her housemate was away to sexually assault and kill her.Tosha Thakkar's body was found Friday morning in a canal behind the Mead...
Student murdered, body found in suitcase

Bangalore News | Express News Service | Friday December 23, 2011

The body of a 22-year-old engineering student was found inside a suitcase at his room in Hunasamaranahalli on Thursday evening.The police said it was the body of Piyush Sinha, a native of Jharkhand, who was studying in VII

Man found guilty of murdering woman, stuffing corpse in suitcase ...

https://fox5sandiego.com/.../verdict-reached-in-trial-accusing-man-of-stuffing-woman...Apr 19, 2018 - Joshua Matthew Palmer, 34, has been convicted of first-degree murder and murder during a rape, sodomy and sexual penetration. ... Shauna Haynes' corpse was found in a suitcasethat was put out with the trash outside the Chadwick Hotel on A Street in downtown San Diego in April 2016.

Man Arrested at LAX After Girlfriend's Body Found in Bag in Dumpster ...

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/.../womans-corpse-dumpster-Anaheim-suitcase-orange..
Nov 1, 2018 - Following the discovery of a mother's body in a bag in an Orange County dumpster, a man believed to be her boyfriend was arrested at Los ...
Never said that it was impossible for a body to fit in a suitcase. My first reply to an original poster had to do with a comment about a small suitcase. Emphasis on small. Besides, the important thing is this particular case, and there’s no evidence to suggest an intact body in a suitcase. There is a much more compelling indication that maybe the bathtub was involved. If you’re stuffing a body into a suitcase, you don’t need a bathtub.

Sure wish someone would give us news of what has happened to KK! I'm interest in what her disposition is currently since we all know she could have nipped this whole thing in the bud way back and instead chose to be a part of it....imo

sadly, the body would fit in a "contractor" trash bag- something a big guy could probably carry in one hand, and it would not necessarily raise any question if no one was already aware that KB was missing. no need for a suitcase or a rug or any expensive or unique item. :(
It might fit, but it would likely be too heavy. Contractor trash bags are only rated for 65 pounds or less.

“Commonly used by contractors because of the strength and the ability to withstand punctures. All sizes are capable of handling a dry load weight up to 65 lbs.”
Trash Bags 101 ~ How Trash Bags are Made, and More!

Never said that it was impossible for a body to fit in a suitcase. My first reply to an original poster had to do with a comment about a small suitcase. Emphasis on small. Besides, the important thing is this particular case, and there’s no evidence to suggest an intact body in a suitcase. There is a much more compelling indication that maybe the bathtub was involved. If you’re stuffing a body into a suitcase, you don’t need a bathtub.

No reason why both methods couldn't be used-bathtub for killing and, er, for the manipulating of the body and a suitcase/garbage bag/duffel bag for the removal.

Very interesting note by the Colorado auction owner on January 2019 sales....

- JACE'S NOTES
If you click on the consignments portion of this link you will see that PF sold 85 head of bred cows. It was a complete dispersal. We sold our cattle at La Junta Livestock for many years. A complete dispersal means just that. ALL of PF's herd was sold. From bred 2 yr old heifers through bred older cows. When consignments are listed as a complete dispersal that signals the potential buyers that this is the seller's complete herd. You're buying all he has, not a few cows that he culled for some reason. (inferior genetics, fence crawler, insufficient milk, etc)

Lawyer fees or no, I'm sure the F family had no choice. With PF possibly spending the rest of his life locked up, SF didn't have the physical means to run cattle anymore. Imo they would have been sold sooner, but it was more prudent for them to wait until closer to calving time. Potential buyers would not want to feed that pregnant cow any longer than they would have to.

We’ve discussed the possibility of a financial motive, a lot.
Personally, I don’t see it. Only bc I’m familiar with his line of work & believe a farrier has unlimited income potential. Not to mention selling/training dogs & horses.
He apparently had multiple vehicles as well as stock trailers.
I am of the opinion he had his own living quarters in one of the barns on the ranchette property. He seemed to be self sufficient with money to travel & own animals, imo.
KB probably had a fixed salary or hourly wage & made much less, imo.
He can’t collect insurance if convicted, IF he is a bennie. Imo
FYI when I attend a rodeo or horse show, any farrier on site has a line. Horses are always throwing a shoe or something. Farriers hang at events, knowing they will pick up work.
( My personal experience.)

I think "unlimited income potential" is not sensible. First of all, it's not like he has no competition. There are probably plenty of people doing the same work in that area. Also, I'm sure farriers are like dog groomers, people have certain ones they give business to for various reasons, like they do a good job, don't sedate the dogs, the dog likes the groomer, etc., so they don't try a new one unless there's something they don't like about them or their business. I've taken my dogs to the same groomer for 13 years so far and will continue to use them until they retire. I've heard both positive and negative statements about PF, but I haven't heard anyone say they thought he was the best farrier or anything really glowing about him. I haven't heard anyone say, "I wouldn't have anyone else work on my animals, he's just that good." I think his reputation as a farrier and a horseman is not all that good and that reputation has limited his income as a farrier. I think there was plenty of talk at the rodeos of his flipping the horse trailer and punching horses with rasps, ripping their faces, etc. These are the people who know him. He doesn't seem to be very high in rodeo hierarchy, not a big winner, so not getting a lot of money there, probably spending more to compete than he's making from it, so trying to make money as a farrier. I don't think he's lazy, but I do think he is opportunistic. His businesses all seem to be seasonal, no steady income, and all depend on hard, physical work. I don't think he would mind being able to sponge off of women who have good jobs with a dependable incomes. Having a lot of money or income doesn't mean he wouldn't try to get more. I think he would do anything to benefit himself. I don't know if there's any life insurance he could get his hands on through the baby, but I do think he was determined not to pay child support and thought he would eventually be ordered to do so. I think if his finances are looked into, he makes a lot more money than he pays taxes on. I don't think having a financial motive means he NEEDS money as much as it is an added benefit of getting rid of KB permanently. I believe he had multiple motives, namely, sole custody of Baby K, get KB out of his life forever and not paying child support, MOO.

There is a much more compelling indication that maybe the bathtub was involved. If you’re stuffing a body into a suitcase, you don’t need a bathtub.
Can you remind me what the compelling evidence is? I remember only some folks' theory about blood or brain tissue in the plumbing IF the tub was used for killing or for dismemberment.

When I recall that latter search at KB's home, I think of the ladder they borrowed and of the LE standing just inside the doorway and pointing up and toward the loft area (IMO). Is there a bathroom upstairs? If so, I agree it's possible, but AFAIK there is no evidence we know of or are privy to, just folks recognizing that's a possible scenario known to have happened in other cases.

Can you remind me what the compelling evidence is? I remember only some folks' theory about blood or brain tissue in the plumbing IF the tub was used for killing or for dismemberment.

When I recall that latter search at KB's home, I think of the ladder they borrowed and of the LE standing just inside the doorway and pointing up and toward the loft area (IMO). Is there a bathroom upstairs? If so, I agree it's possible, but AFAIK there is no evidence we know of or are privy to, just folks recognizing that's a possible scenario known to have happened in other cases.

What I remember is someone (or a few people) coming up with the theory based on things that had been carried out of the house. But it was just speculation.

So since we can speculate on the cattle sales, with that amount of cattle, even at rock bottom prices, he had to have made around $100,000, or more, jmo. Interesting that this newest motion on his part took place two days after the sale of said cows. So are these funds off limits to the Berreth's?
Hopefully he will have to use the proceeds from the sale for attorney fees in the murder trial. The state should not have to pay his attorney fees.

I am not saying that she was definitely carried out in a suitcase or a duffel bag. I was just saying it was a viable possibility.

I can't see someone staying in the victims home, and dismembering them in the bathroom, on Thanksgiving. Wouldn't they be worried about someone showing up at the home? And worried about taking so long and leaving so much evidence behind?

Since she was so petite, there would be no reason to stay in the home for so long and make such a mess, when all they'd need to do is carry her out quickly, put her in the truck bed. And a duffel bag or suitcase could do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV