CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #35 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He isn't going to be convicted twice for the same murder. I think they probably do too, but you said earlier the robbery was a separate charge which is why I replied that it wasn't.

If there was a robbery inside or outside the Safeway, then felony murder with a robbery qualifier wouldn't be on the table. The homicide has to happen in the commission of the underlying felony, meaning she would have had to be killed during the robbery, and we know she wasn't killed inside the Safeway or in the parking lot. She is believed to have been killed at home, so if the felony murder theory holds, then that means she was robbed at home just before being killed there.

Once the perpetrator leaves the scene of the underlying felony, the murder cannot be considered to have been committed "in the commission" of the felony.

BBM. How could they possibly prove the robbery took place in her home if she wasn't found there and neither was PF?

Yeah, almost as much as divorced females seeing theirs. :p
I can't find the article that gave the info but I remember reading somewhere that KKL and her ex continued to live together after the divorce. If that was/is true, they may not have had a very contentious relationship after the divorce/prior to all of this. Perhaps someone with a better memory can find the article that mentioned that. Otherwise, JMO.

I would think most divorced males would shiver at the thought of meeting their ex in a courtroom again. IMO
Many divorced men AND women shiver at the thought of meeting their ex anywhere, like party, grocery store, bank, running trail, gymnastics meet, work, movie theater, cruise, etc. Not that I would know anything about that. But yeah, courtroom might be an extra shiver. Or two.

BBM. How could they possibly prove the robbery took place in her home if she wasn't found there and neither was PF?
Well they must have convincing evidence to believe the murder took place in her home. Her phone and her purse would have been with her, and they too were missing from the home. Imo

I think the public will be outraged if this slap on the wrist actually happens.

JMO
Agree -- especially as we've seen outrage here.

However, one can't forget that DA is seeking a murder conviction without a body, and we don't know what evidence they have to prove KK an accessory either.

Similarly, the Bell County, Tx prosecutor has only charged Maya Maxwell with tampering of evidence-- although we just learned she was allegedly present at two murders, present at transport and burial of the bodies in another state, in addition to hiding the victims vehicle (evidence tampering).
Found Deceased - TX - Michael Swearingin, 32, & Jenna Scott, 28, Temple, Bell County, 4 Jan 2019

Well they must have convincing evidence to believe the murder took place in her home. Her phone and her purse would have been with her, and they too were missing from the home. Imo
Wouldn't that be kidnapping rather than robbery?

Many divorced men AND women shiver at the thought of meeting their ex anywhere, like party, grocery store, bank, running trail, gymnastics meet, work, movie theater, cruise, etc. Not that I would know anything about that. But yeah, courtroom might be an extra shiver. Or two.
Imagine how PF and KK would feel when facing each other in the court room!

Agree -- especially as we've seen outrage here.

However, one can't forget that DA is seeking a murder conviction without a body, and we don't know what evidence they have to prove KK an accessory either.

Similarly, the Bell County, Tx prosecutor has only charged Maya Maxwell with tampering of evidence-- although we just learned she was allegedly present at two murders, present at transport and burial of the bodies in another state, in addition to hiding the victims vehicle (evidence tampering).
Found Deceased - TX - Michael Swearingin, 32, & Jenna Scott, 28, Temple, Bell County, 4 Jan 2019

The big, big difference is that Maxwell has been arrested and is in jail. Exactly where KK should be.

JMO

The big, big difference is that Maxwell has been arrested and is in jail. Exactly where KK should be.

JMO
Which was a very prudent thing to do!
Authorities needed her in protective custody prior to arresting the alleged murderer, CM, who temporarily escaped while being transported to Bell County, Tx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV