CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #35 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police believe KK destroyed evidence on Nov 24th or 25th. KB's phone pinged in Gooding ID and texts were sent to KB's employer and PF on the 25th. So what evidence was possibly destroyed by KK on the 24th?
The thing is, there's an "or" in there so it makes it hard to guess. "...unlawfully and feloniously destroyed, mutilated, concealed, removed, or altered physicial evidence..."

I'm going with she took the phone on the 24th, sent the texts on the 25th, and probably then destroyed or concealed the phone.
Anyone going to the courthouse that can take their laptop and take notes for us and come back here to answer all our questions? :)
It's your turn. Try to get there early. :p
MOO

When the verdict is in the jury's hands, they get to decide whether the testimony offered by someone who has received a sweet plea deal is credible or not.

JMO
And I don’t think it will matter, as their case will not hinge on her.

The jury doesn’t have to like her, and they very well may not have to believe her.

I think it’s probable that she has already played a huge role in directing investigators to valuable evidence here.

That’s what will bring him down.

The thing is, there's an "or" in there so it makes it hard to guess. "...unlawfully and feloniously destroyed, mutilated, concealed, removed, or altered physicial evidence..."

I'm going with she took the phone on the 24th, sent the texts on the 25th, and probably then destroyed or concealed the phone.

It's your turn. Try to get there early. :p
MOO

That makes sense.
I agree @Hatfield try to get a good seat:)

And I don’t think it will matter, as their case will not hinge on her.

They don’t have to like her, and they very well may not have to believe her. It will help though.

We don't know what evidence they have. The fact that they feel they have to use her testimony concerns me.

JMO

We don't know what evidence they have. The fact that they feel they have to use her testimony concerns me.

JMO
When they searched his house that final time, they appeared to know exactly what they were looking for.

At that point, I said on here: “Someone is talking.”

I think it was KK, and I think she told them these things in an effort to secure a deal.

She may have already played her biggest role. My point is that her contribution may not be solely based on testimony.

I don’t think it is.

JMO
Looking back at the actual charges against PF, and combined with this latest news has me totally rethinking just how much more involved KK may have been.

Lets take a quick look at the one of the murder charges on PF which has him possibly committing the murder along with someone else being present with him.

"Prosecutors filed two murder charges because they have different theories. One is that he acted alone to kill Berreth, the other, he alone or with other people killed her during a robbery on November 22nd."

Patrick Frazee, accused of killing missing fiancee Kelsey Berreth, charged with 5 felony counts

I want to have faith in LE here that they are doing the right thing with KK but my mind is now racing at all the possible scenarios. Not the least of which is that its possible she was with PF that day. Even if the minimum that KK transferred that phone across state lines, sent the texts, and destroyed the phone, then the cushy plea deal that we are learning about seems way too lenient to me.

It doesnt make much sense to me unless there was some outside pressure so I have to wonder. Is it possible that the Twin Falls, Idaho LE may have had some influence on the Colorado LE to minimize her charges as they worked with the Teller County investigators.
Like could there have been discussions that may have went like this:
"We are a small town here in Twin Falls, Idaho and everyone knows everyone and if we hang one of our Rodeo Queens it will not only destroy her but destroy our whole town's reputation for years to come. Can you please keep that in mind as you think about what charges you are going to put on her?"

Is that too far out in left field that internal LE discussions may have encompassed discussions like that?

Whew, finally caught up. Several posters are saying this, too.

Nov 24 was the Saturday when it is believed KKL was at the Sonic in WP. But it is also believed per the R's interviews that KKL took the phone to ID and sent the texts.

I am going to posit that this charge is the limit of CO charges, or at least the limit to that specific date 11/24, when she was within the state of CO and committed a specific crime. I think she left CO on the evening if 11/24.

IMO that leaves the door open for federal crimes committed across state lines and perhaps any crime committed in Idaho on 11/25 or after. The deals would have to be separate for CO, ID and Feds.

So the CO charges may be a freebie, with the DA knowing KKL will go down for federal wire fraud or other communications charges, or transporting evidence across state lines.

It is upsetting, thinking perhaps KK's charges will not amount to prison time.
Your post gives me more hope.
So she snitches, to try to save her own skin.
But prior to being implicated by LE, she made no attempts to prevent this murder.
KB has been murdered, and I hope KK gets maximum time, for her input.
From now on, I wish her future to be most miserable, as she suffers from nightmares, and is ousted by those around her.
Let her pay, big time, for her involvement.
MOO.

Last edited:
JMO
Looking back at the actual charges against PF, and combined with this latest news has me totally rethinking just how much more involved KK may have been.

Lets take a quick look at the one of the murder charges on PF which has him possibly committing the murder along with someone else being present with him.

"Prosecutors filed two murder charges because they have different theories. One is that he acted alone to kill Berreth, the other, he alone or with other people killed her during a robbery on November 22nd."

Patrick Frazee, accused of killing missing fiancee Kelsey Berreth, charged with 5 felony counts

I want to have faith in LE here that they are doing the right thing with KK but my mind is now racing at all the possible scenarios. Not the least of which is that its possible she was with PF that day. Even if the minimum that KK transferred that phone across state lines, sent the texts, and destroyed the phone, then the cushy plea deal that we are learning about seems way too lenient to me.

It doesnt make much sense to me unless there was some outside pressure so I have to wonder. Is it possible that the Twin Falls, Idaho LE may have had some influence on the Colorado LE to minimize her charges as they worked with the Teller County investigators.
"We are a small town here in Twin Falls, Idaho and everyone knows everyone and if we hang one of our Rodeo Queens it will not only destroy her but destroy our whole town's reputation for years to come. Can you please keep that in mind as you think about what charges you are going to put on her?"

Is that too far out in left field that internal LE discussions may have encompassed discussions like that?
Way out in left field IMO ! If there were more to charge her with I cannot imagine any LE pleading on her behalf.

JMO

Way too far out. If there was evidence that KK was involved directly with homicide, this wouldn't be the plea.

Now, transport over state lines may wind up being a federal case, and we can wait to see what they do there.

Way too far out. If there was evidence that KK was involved directly with homicide, this wouldn't be the plea.

Now, transport over state lines may wind up being a federal case, and we can wait to see what they do there.

Thanks for bringing me back down to earth.

I agree and hope that maybe the Feds have plans of their own.

MOO - Let me just point out that Kelsey, the woman who dared take her man has paid the ultimate price, her life. PF is sitting in a jail cell. (And I'm sure there is a good reason for that) and KK is where? Doing what? Getting charged with what? Crying poor pity the scared woman, I'll tell you everything I know in exchange for my "testimony" against the bad guy. She will walk away with book deals, media attention and a life after this. PF will go to jail for the rest of his life and the Berreths will suffer for the rest of their lives. Who in this scenario is not too bright? MOO

I hope and pray the judge will not allow her to proceed with any book deals, if so all monies should go to Kaylee in a trust fund.

From really reading KK's family's statements which are just a few words as well as the R's statements, these strongly indicate that KK states, she helped because she was scared or he had some type of control over her (paraphrasing). News articles today are indicating "charges" are sealed for KK. This could be mean more are pending.
Our board attorneys have explained that, as immoral or unethical as it may be, simply not acting based on knowledge of a planned crime, even a murder, is not illegal. No charges can be brought.

The statements between the BFF and the R's indicated that "she helped" due to her being scared or his power over her... I am sure the investigators ruled these out but helping is different which is why she is charged with tampering so far.

Ha! So you don’t think people convicted of first degree murder should be released after serving an average of 22 years?!

Yeah, me neither.
Actually, I think it's about 18 years, which is 2/3 of a maximum "life" sentence of 25 years unless the person is deemed to be a "dangerous offender" in which case the person is held indefinitely. Also, you don't have to have committed murder to be deemed a "dangerous offender".

Defense attorneys can get pretty creative. Ever hear of a guy named O.J.? Or that gal in Florida, Casey?

JMO

Two cases out of how many?

And those cases were about much more than creative defense attorneys. There were unique circumstances that made those anomalies possible. A stupid decision on the part of Garcetti to allow the venue for the OJ trial to be changed to an inner city venue where the jury was more likely to be skeptical of law enforcement and a trial against a black guy, especially when a key witness was using the N word. In the case of the Anthony trial, a decision to basically imprison the jury for seven weeks with only monitored visits one day per week by family, and not bale to return home during that entire time. They had multiple lesser charges including criminal child neglect that they could've found her guilty of, but did not because anything would've meant an additional sequestered penalty phase and they were desperate to go home.

Regardless, DA's and judges have learned from those cases. Juries aren't subject to such onerous sequestration now. And the state doesn't bring a case unless they have vastly more than probable cause. They let a lot of solid cases go, in fact, because they're worried that in this CSI age, the jury won't understand reasonable doubt.

In fact, as I stated earlier, the decision to plea bargain with this woman is likely due to a desire to make a solid case even stronger, to account for rogue jurors.

It makes sense. They've (DA) seemed stellar so far. I'm not concerned about this. I don;t hear KB's family screaming either, BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89