CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #36 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which respectfully is what I would expect you to say. Just pointing out that we know maybe 1% of what we would need to know to make an accurate judgment of her real character. We don’t know what kind of threat he made to her life, or how credible that threat was, given the circumstances. Had he done something in the past to make her think that his threat was extremely serious? Did he create some kind of scenario where she reasonably felt trapped?

Or maybe none of that applies. Maybe she truly is horrible. Maybe she slept with him after knowing the murder occurred and was excited by it. Maybe she was glad he did what he did. I don’t know. Neither do you. Respectfully JMHO but I refuse to brand someone evil and hope and pray that two more children lose a mother, based on so little real information.

IMO, she is evil!!!! Even IF he threatened her or whatever she SHOULD have driven straight to.the police station.

She gets ZERO sympathy from me and her live deserves to be hell from here on out.

Jmo

Well, no real suprises here. Now we wait for Feb 19 and hope the evidence isn't suppressed further. Obviously Dan May thinks it will be released. Then we can find out what else KL was involved in that she could have been charged for but wasn't as part of the plea.

I am suprised that PF's legal team was in the gallery. They would have her statements as part of disclosure and it would be more than what she delivered in the courtroom.

However, the police didn't know there was a homicide yet.

KK stated she learned PF committed homicide on or about November 22nd in Teller County and she moved KB’s cell phone with intent to impair the phones availability in Teller County on November 24th or 25th, 2018.

I want to know the date KK arrived in Woodland Park. Was she in town during the murder or did she arrive the next day.

That's what I hear and I hope they're okay! I haven't had a chance to go back and watch it yet; still watching the analysis on HLN. Also, apologies for any duplicate posts this morning - I am posting to the media thread at the same time and sometimes forget to refresh my screen when bouncing back and forth. :oops:

Thanks for all you do on these threads :)

Dy5TjJFU8AAtrYu.jpg

Springs Police‏Verified account @CSPDPIO 2m2 minutes ago
At the request of the 4th Judicial District DA's Office and the Woodland Park Police Department, here is the photo of Krystal Lee Kenney, 32 charged in connection with the Woodland Park Kelsey Berreth investigation.

IMO, she looks defiant.

I hope CB and her family can sue everyone involved in KB's murder.

Sickening.

I believe she said she learned about it on the 22nd. which leads me to believe she heard it from pf not le?
This is what I think as well - it makes sense to me that she knew he murdered KB and that is why she "moved" the cell phone. IMO very careful wording in this plea. hmmm...and if this is all, why seal it? I think there is more to come on the 19th. JMO

Well, no real suprises here. Now we wait for Feb 19 and hope the evidence isn't suppressed further. Obviously Dan May thinks it will be released. Then we can find out what else KL was involved in that she could have been charged for but wasn't as part of the plea.

I am suprised that PF's legal team was in the gallery. They would have her statements as part of disclosure and it would be more than what she delivered in the courtroom.
11 days! :D
Thanks for all you do on these threads :)
My pleasure, and thanks to you for keeping our timeline updated! :)

I don’t know about that. What are the chances in Colorado the no one’s going to try to use a chimney in a cabin for eight years?

Landfills are so extremely hard to search. I just watched an interesting documentary about one of the most notorious murder cases in Australia, from back in 1982. A couple of articles of clothing had been dumped in the dumpster and police were Tipped off. They got to the dumpster literally an hour after the waste had been picked up. So they go to the landfill where it has just been dumped. It took them eight solid hours for an entire team of people to locate those articles of clothing.

Now imagine the small remains of a body, which have decomposed, and Have been in a landfill with other waste collecting on top of it for weeks. And that’s if they got the landfill to quarantine that area at the time they arrested PF. Otherwise, they’ve got months of waste to deal with.

The chances of that happening were 100%, although I was wrong about eight years. It was seven years, 5 months.
Remains of missing Colorado teen found in chimney of cabin | Reuters

Her atty said she had no previous record. Why do you think that?

To start the defense process that this was out of character, extenuating circumstances, fear, abuse. She has no criminal record, has never broken the law before yada, yada, yada. Neither has he, as far as we know and he committed murder and she enabled him to do so. Great upstanding morals..

Patrick Frazee DID murder his fiancee Kelsey Berreth says his mistress as she admits to hiding cell | Daily Mail Online
View attachment 168109 View attachment 168110
Krystal Lee Kenney broke down in tears as she confessed to destroying Berreth's cell phone after learning that the young mother, 29, had been murdered by her fiance.

The former nurse, 32, told the judge that she learned about the homicide of November 22 while agreeing to testify against Frazee at his murder trial.

She will be sentenced after that trial for her own involvement after pleading guilty to one felony county of tampering with evidence.

Kenney did not provide any additional information as to how she destroyed the cell phone.
So did she actually say she destroyed it or she "moved" it? I could not hear a thing.

I am glad that she is talking and hopefully it will mean a faster resolution in his case.

I’m not sympathetic to her, but I’m sad that anyone could decide to throw a future (and perhaps family) away for a guy, and be so callous before and after the murder.

I still feel KK’s involvement is deeper than what has been revealed.

I’m in the camp that hopes PF’s family doesn’t get custody or even visitation of the baby (unless perhaps it is supervised in a public place).

All MOO
I also think there is more involvement. Could they possibly be minimizing the information to the public to deliver a bigger punch to the defense? Can additional charges be brought if they find she was more involved than this?

Maybe one of the attorneys can chime in......Is they any way KB's family can go after KK with any charges?
@riolove77 @PrairieWind @gitana1

Perhaps intentional infliction of emotional distress.
But, no matter what she is sued for, if she doesn’t have any assets, then they won’t be able to collect on the judgment.

As an aside, in a civil case, the plaintiffs would not be restrained by a plea bargain in the criminal case. After all, it is up to a jury to decide. Just be careful not to file a frivolous lawsuit; it must have some merit.

Ex: conspiracy, charges arising from the criminal case, not limited to what she has plead to, but based on other evidence that may be found or testified to by another witness.

Last edited:
I also think there is more involvement. Could they possibly be minimizing the information to the public to deliver a bigger punch to the defense? Can additional charges be brought if they find she was more involved than this?

If she has lied, and they can prove it, yes they can bring additional charges. She would be insane to lie, but she was insane to have done what she did so i will be prepared for anything happening in this case.

The thing is we don't know what her full involvement is yet. She only plead guilty to the tampering, because that is all she was charged with as part of the plea.

She has obviously done more than just that otherwise it wouldn't be a plea, and Dan May clearly said it was a plea and we would find out why on Feb 19 when the evidence is released.

Timeline:

Dec 21- PF arrested. Dec 22 Twin Falls search warrants started.

Can we assume that LE got to KK before Dec 21, the reasoning being that PF was charged with three counts of solicitation the day before the Twin Falls warrants. Warrants are based on solid evidence. And we are pretty sure the solicitation is with KK.

Seems LE was all over KK well before Dec. 21st, and we didn't know it.
because LE is kicking *advertiser censored* on this case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member