CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #39 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 18, 2019 Article Updated. I'm not sure what was updated, but it could be this paragraph. I don't remember reading this the first time.

Possible motive for Kelsey Berreth killing revealed; friends saw Patrick Frazee as doting father and hard-working rancher
Frazee was born in Colorado Springs, according to the county jail log. He grew up in Florissant on his family’s ranch and has headed it for years. His father is deceased; his 64-year-old mother lives on the ranch. A brother, Sean, works as a Colorado Springs police officer, and a sister, Erin, lives in Larkspur.

So his father IS dad? Or not...

Feb 18, 2019 Article Updated. I'm not sure what was updated, but it could be this paragraph. I don't remember reading this the first time.

Possible motive for Kelsey Berreth killing revealed; friends saw Patrick Frazee as doting father and hard-working rancher
Frazee was born in Colorado Springs, according to the county jail log. He grew up in Florissant on his family’s ranch and has headed it for years. His father is deceased; his 64-year-old mother lives on the ranch. A brother, Sean, works as a Colorado Springs police officer, and a sister, Erin, lives in Larkspur.

The link takes me to a subscription only article. Is there another way to read it? tia

Since life for a narcissist is all about "what's in it for me?" a lot of these types seek out significant others who supply them with something(s); social standing, homes, arm candy, money, adoration, etc. When the SO begins to stand up to the narcissist, and begins "removing" some, or all, of their "supply", it pushes the narc into panic mode, which for them often becomes rage. If alcohol or drugs are involved, that rage can come on like lightening and be doubly dangerous.

I believe KB was not the kind of woman that would close her eyes to any abusive behavior he may have begun to exhibit. These types (PF) are good at masking who they really are, at least for a time while on the "hunt", but inevitably the real deal comes out. She may have given him the benefit of the doubt for a while, particularly since they had a child together, but I bet she started to see reality and began to pull away. As time passed and his behavior got worse, she probably began to make changes in her life and finances that would, to some degree, cut him out.

I bet once he realized what course their relationship was taking, he began to make plans (soliciting her murder)...he probably saw KKL as his confidant and co-conspirator due to his narc manipulation of her over the years. Sometimes, in dealing with a narcissist over a long time, their "flying monkeys" begin to take on narc behaviors themselves, partially as a means to keep the peace, partially in self-defense. Maybe even to try to resolve the cognitive dissonance they experience. I bet there is a part of KKL that has regret, but I bet there is also a part that wishes KB never existed and PF was hers.

Anyway - I think KB began to wake up to the real PF. She was probably in the process of pulling away; emotionally, financially and physically. On top of losing face, losing his false sense of self...he was also going to lose $$$ by means of child support. So his initial attraction to KB (arm candy, increased reputation, her $$$) was being lost, and his indebtedness would increase due to CS.

PF couldn't deal, so he did what he could to stop it. Probably due to lack of empathy, maniacal self-preservation, and a very high threshold for violence, he chose the ultimate stop.

JMO

Round #1 of the snowstorm today. The mountains are a white-out. Round two expected at 3 pm today. Much, much worse in Cripple Creek today & tomorrow. Some folks might need chains on their tires to travel there imo. 8+ inches more of snow expected today -10 wind chills in the Springs alone.

Have a good Monday friends! Waiting anxiously for PF's court-date tomorrow. Do we think that KK will be present?

eta Fox local news did have the Berreth's new allegations against PF in the Civil suit, on TV this morning.

I don't think KK will be present at PF's preliminary hearing tomorrow.
jmo

This is the first I have seen of the Larkspur connection in the press. Interesting location relative to Woodland Park:
Google Maps

And finally we have MSM confirmation his father is deceased. Not that we can sleuth that, but at least we can include it as a known "fact" now. :D

The link takes me to a subscription only article. Is there another way to read it? tia
This is from the media thread. I can't post the entire article, but I'll look to see what's left out of this post.
FEB 16, 2019
Court filing reveals possible motive for Kelsey Berreth killing; friends saw Patrick Frazee as doting father and hard-working rancher
Friends and acquaintances of Patrick Frazee describe the man they know as a hard-working rancher, farrier, and horse trainer who lived on his family’s 35-acre property in Florissant. Some speak of him as an average Joe while others as a caring father who would help anyone.

“He was a nice guy,” said Tim Graf, co-owner of Blue Mountain Ranch, a youth summer camp in Florissant. Graf was in the same graduating class of 2004 at Woodland Park High School as Frazee.

So it was with shock and disbelief that some in the community registered the arrest of Frazee on Dec. 21 on suspicion of murdering his fiancee, Kelsey Berreth, the mother of the couple's 1-year-old daughter.

Going back the decade-and-a-half to high school days, those who knew Frazee then said he hung out with other kids from the rural part of the county, was involved in the 4-H crowd, and was an average, unassuming teen.

“A quiet guy was all I ever knew,” said another classmate.

There have been “no issues” with Frazee in the Teller County jail, said Sheriff’s Office Cmdr. Greg Couch, adding that Frazee likely will remain jailed in Divide after Tuesday's hearing.

Frazee helped Gilda Dellinger move her horse from Divide to Colorado Springs when she relocated to a new home.

She said she’s known Frazee for 20 years and would never have believed he could kill someone.

“He’s always been so kind and helpful,” she told The Gazette after attending Frazee’s hearing in January, one of several Frazee supporters at the courthouse in Cripple Creek.

Cline blames the media for spreading inaccurate information since Berreth’s disappearance hit national news as a missing person case in early December. He said the media has incorrectly portrayed Frazee as a bad guy.

“I’m shocked and annoyed at how people are acting,” he said. “There’s been no evidence presented so far. He’s an all-around nice guy, and a good dad.”

Contrary to what has been reported, Cline said Frazee was the primary caretaker of the couple's baby, Kaylee, who is now about 16 months old.

“He’s been raising the little girl since she was born,” Cline said. “Kelsey (Berreth) had visitation, and he had custody.”

This is the first I have seen of the Larkspur connection in the press. Interesting location relative to Woodland Park:
Google Maps

And finally we have MSM confirmation his father is deceased. Not that we can sleuth that, but at least we can include it as a known "fact" now. :D
Did you look at the map via vehicle? It shows a route through Colorado Springs: Google Maps

Round #1 of the snowstorm today. The mountains are a white-out. Round two expected at 3 pm today. Much, much worse in Cripple Creek today & tomorrow. Some folks might need chains on their tires to travel there imo. 8+ inches more of snow expected today -10 wind chills in the Springs alone.

Have a good Monday friends! Waiting anxiously for PF's court-date tomorrow. Do we think that KK will be present?

eta Fox local news did have the Berreth's new allegations against PF in the Civil suit, on TV this morning.

Hey, NoeticSoul, as we patiently wait for PF's court appearance tomorrow, I'd like to thank you for giving us updates and info from a local's perspective, it's very helpful and very much appreciated! Stay warm and safe during this blast of winter :)

ETA: I hope the weather doesn't cause a delay or continuance for tomorrow's court proceedings.

This is from the media thread. I can't post the entire article, but I'll look to see what's left out of this post.
Whew! This is a very long article. o_O This is what is not included in the above post from the media thread:

[…]

Police suspect Frazee, 32, killed his fiancee Kelsey Berreth, 29, in her Woodland Park townhome on Thanksgiving Day. She was last seen publicly, just after midday Nov. 22, as she was captured shopping with the couple’s baby on surveillance video at Safeway.

<modsnipped copyright infringement>

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated Timeline:

TIMELINE:

November 22nd - Thursday
(Thanksgiving)
  • KB last seen on video surveillance shopping in Safeway (noon hour)
  • KB exchanged daughter with PF (fiancé)
  • KK learned PF committed homicide

November 24th or 25th - Saturday or Sunday
  • Police believe KK destroyed evidence on this date

November 25th - Sunday
  • Text from KB’s phone to her employer
  • KB's phone pinged in Gooding, ID (5:13 pm)
  • PF received text from KB’s phone

December 2nd - Sunday
  • KB's mom called PF on KB's whereabouts
  • Missing person reported - KB's mom (12:37 pm)

December 10th - Monday
  • Press Conference

December 12th - Wednesday
  • PF Attorney releases statement - PF is cooperating with investigators

December 13th - Thursday
  • Candlelight Vigil Held for KB

December 14th - Friday
  • Search Warrant Franzee Property/Residence

December 15th - Saturday
  • Twin Falls law enforcement was requested to help

December 16th - Sunday
  • The search of Patrick Frazee's property concludes Sunday night

December 18th - Tuesday
  • Five law enforcement vehicles seen leaving PF Property
  • PF and 2 others made trip to Waste Management Landfill

December 19th - Wednesday
  • LE at Kelsey’s Residence

December 20th - Thursday

December 21st - Friday
  • Arrested- 1st Degree murder and Solicitation of Murder
Inmate #: 2018001543
Booking #: 18-02029
Case #: D602018CR330
Archonix XJail Public
  • Press Conference 10am MST
  • PF - Hearing on Advisement - 3:30pm
Case #: D602018CR330​
  • Vigil held for KB in Moses Lake, WA
December 22nd - Saturday
  • Twin Falls, ID Police Department issued statement they are working with CBI and FBI to prepare and serve several search warrants, including processing items of possible evidence with the assistance of the Twin Falls County and Twin Falls Evidence Technicians.

December 27th - Thursday
  • Temporary Custody Hearing - 1pm
Case #: D602018JV26

Court granted a Temporary Emergency Custody Order made by Teller County Department of Human Services (TCDHS) placing the minor child in the temporary physical custody of maternal grandparents and legal custody of TCDHS. The court continued the temporary custody of the minor child with maternal grandparents. The court postponed a final decision after Frazee’s mother, the girl’s grandmother, filed a motion in the custody case and the case is continued for a pre-trial conference​

December 31st - Monday
  • PF - First Appearance - 9am
Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

COUNT 1 - MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE
On or about November 22, 2018, PATRICK FRAZEE unlawfully, feleniously, after deliberation, and with the intent to cause the death of a person other than himself, caused the death of Kelsey Berreth.

COUNT 2 - SOLICITATION TO COMMIT MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE
Between and including September 1, 2018 and November 1, 2018, PATRICK FRAZEE unlawfully and feloniously commanded, induced, entered, or otherwise attempted to persuade another person to commit the felony of murder in the first degree, with intent to promote or facilitate the commission of that crime and under circumstances strongly corroborative of that intent.

COUNT 3-MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE
On or about November 22, 2018, PATRICK FRAZEE unlawfully and feloniously, acting alone or with one or more persons, committed or attempted to commit Robbery and, in the course of or in furtherance of that crime, or in the immediate flight therefrom, the death of Kelsey Berreth, a person, other than one of the participants, was cause by anyone.

COUNT 4-SOLICITATION TO COMMIT MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE
Between and including September 1, 2018 and November 1, 2018, PATRICK FRAZEE unlawfully and feloniously commanded, induced, entered, or otherwise attempted to persuade another person to commit the felony of murder in the first degree, with intent to promote or facilitate the commission of that crime and under circumstances strongly corroborative of that intent.

COUNT 5-SOLICITATION TO COMMIT MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE
Between and including September 1, 2018 and November 1, 2018 PATRICK FRAZEE unlawfully and feloniously commanded, induced, entreated, or otherwise attempted to persuade another person to commit the felony of murder in the first degree, with intent to promote or facilitate the commission of that crime and under circumstances strongly corroborative of that intent.​

January 3rd - Thursday
  • Temporary Custody Hearing Continued - 8:30am

January 4th - Friday
  • PF - Motions Hearing - 1:30pm

Discuss how to process an unknown piece of evidence, and whether Frazee and his defense can have access to the arrest affidavit.​
  • KB’s parents file civil suit against PF
Case: 19-cv-00027-PAB-KMT​

The civil suit accuses Frazee of wrongful death, negligence per se, conspiracy, and infliction of emotional distress. The documents allege Frazee either committed and/or collaborated in Kelsey's murder. The suit also accuses Frazee of inflicting physical, mental, and emotional acts of violence on Kelsey prior to her death. The Berreths claim that Frazee's "extreme and outrageous conduct" has caused them emotional distress exceeding $75,000.​

January 28th - Monday
  • PF - motion filed to dismiss wrongful death lawsuit

January 29th- Tuesday (VACATED)
  • PF - Preliminary Hearing - 9am

February 4th - Monday
  • Nurse KK - Teller County charged KK with 1 Felony Count Tampering with Physical Evidence

February 7th - Thursday
  • Pre-Trial Conference (Custody) - 8:30am
  • KK - Received a Summons of Class 6 Felony tampering with physical evidence
Case #: D602019CR17​

February 8th - Friday
  • Nurse KK Advisement Hearing 8:30am - Teller County
  • 1 Felony Count Tampering with Physical Evidence
Case #: D602019CR17​
  • KK pleads guilty - Felony tampering with physical evidence, deferred hearing until after PF’s murder trial. Prosecutors requiring KK to cooperate fully in PF’s murder trial. She is prohibited from speaking with press under plea. Prosecution wants plea papers kept from public. Judge grants motion. Review hearing schedule for June 24th at 11 am and every 90 days or so after. KK is allowed to appear for review hearings by phone until closer to sentencing. As part of the plea deal KK is required to cooperate, testify and have no communication with the press. KK stated she learned PF committed homicide on or about November 22nd in Teller County and she moved KB’s cell phone with intent to impair the phones availability of it in Teller County on November 24th or 25th, 2018.

February 15th - Friday
  • Amended Civil Action Complaint Filed
C-LEB & DLB v PF
Civil Action No. 1:19-CV-00027-PAB
http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/Amended+complaint+vs+Patrick+Frazee.pdf

February 19th- Tuesday
  • PF - Preliminary Hearing - 9am

March 11th- Monday
  • PF Wrongful Death - Scheduling and Planning Conference - 1:30 pm

April 4th - Thursday
  • Disposition Hearing (Custody) - 8:30am

June 24th - Monday
  • KK- Review Hearing - 11 am - Teller County
Case #: D602019CR17
(KK is allowed to appear for review hearings by phone until closer to sentencing)​

Colorado Judicial Branch
Archonix XJail Public
Colorado Judicial Branch
Colorado Judicial Branch - 4th Judicial District - Homepage
Amended Civil Action Complaint: http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/Amended+complaint+vs+Patrick+Frazee.pdf

Tippy Lynn, thank you for creating/maintaining this timeline, it's a valuable resource for this case. I appreciate your hard work and dedication.

I hope this case is not argued outside of the courtroom however. I actually relished hearing all the "lies" PF implicated himself in but now I'm afraid each family's relatives and friends might try to OUTDO the other before the case gets tried.

I wonder if C Cline will testify for PF. Being he claimed KB had taken off before,PF had primary custody, blah,blah, blah. and he's all bent out of shape over what he claimed is PF being accused with " No evidence".
Can he back his claims under oath?
Does he think everyone has forgotten what he said about Kelsey?

Did you look at the map via vehicle? It shows a route through Colorado Springs: Google Maps

Noted, thanks. :p:oops: Are you thinking PF could have thrown something in a Colorado Springs dumpster on his way to visit his sister on Thanksgiving Day? We still don't know where PF was expected to be that day by his family members. Although he told CB he and KB went to Cracker Barrel, we know that is a false statement. I'm very interested to hear where his family thought he was on Thanksgiving Day (if he didn't show up to see any of them).

MOO.

Tippy Lynn, thank you for creating/maintaining this timeline, it's a valuable resource for this case. I appreciate your hard work and dedication.

You're welcome & thank you
wave-smiley.gif

Noted, thanks. :p:oops: Are you thinking PF could have thrown something in a Colorado Springs dumpster on his way to visit his sister on Thanksgiving Day? We still don't know where PF was expected to be that day by his family members. Although he told CB he and KB went to Cracker Barrel, we know that is a false statement. I'm very interested to hear where his family thought he was on Thanksgiving Day (if he didn't show up to see any of them).

MOO.
Also where was Baby K?

Hey, NoeticSoul, as we patiently wait for PF's court appearance tomorrow, I'd like to thank you for giving us updates and info from a local's perspective, it's very helpful and very much appreciated! Stay warm and safe during this blast of winter :)

ETA: I hope the weather doesn't cause a delay or continuance for tomorrow's court proceedings.

I am always honored to help in any way, thank you! :) I hope not either. The sun kind of came out between the clouds but more is on the way after 3 pm today and expected to last all night long. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fake_facer_addict