CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll never, ever understand why LE cannot question a POI. I imagine there are no POIs yet? Is LE allowed to question a suspect if they have evidence to support their suspicions, such as witnesses, location of body, etc. I really do not understand why someone can refuse to be questioned, at least.

LE needs to make sure they are doing everything by the book. A proper investigation. Being hasty and making mistakes can get the case thrown out, if there is indeed foul play. They want to give the prosecution a clean case.

Thank you that is what I thought. And they own the LLC correct? So the mortgage could just be paper - meaning she doesn't make payments to the LLC but also can't convey the property or get a 2nd mortgage - we routinely do this for family members who want to help but also want to protect the property.
Well if she doesn't actually pay, the IRS will not consider it a loan but a gift and that can lead to taxes (possibly future inheritance taxes) that they may be seeking to avoid.

IMO, confirmation has been given that PF picked up the baby at KB's home. Then any surveillance video obtained by LE should show PF driving in his vehicle with whomever is in the truck with him. Her vehicles are in her driveway. Her things are at the home with the exception of her purse and phone.

At this very moment (finally) a search is going on at PF's property.

Press conference at 2:30 should be very informative.

Just an FYI, I did a search to see if it's possible to ping your phone from a remote location. For instance, I'm in NY city, can I send a message and have the phone ping from let's say, Wyoming? Apparently, it's not uncommon for phones to ping from a tower that's farther away if there's a lot of traffic on the closer tower, but that's within a 30 mile radius. However, they did mention one case where a man who lived in Palo Alto called someone on his cell phone and it pinged in Palo Alto, but then 9 mins later he made another cell phone call and it pinged from Maui (see State of CA v Bulos Zumot) "The defendant’s cell tower records showed an incoming call placing the defendant near a tower in Lahaina, Maui, and within nine minutes of that call, a previous call placed the defendant in Palo Alto. Because of this “flaw” in AT&T’s system, by all rights, the defendant received the first call from a tower on the island of Maui, some 3,000 miles away." So although her phone pinged in Idaho, I'd wonder if the phone was actually there.
What Your Cell Phone Can’t Tell the Police
There was a quote earlier from a Verizon spokesman that referenced a possible "false ping." It must happen. MOO

Patrick lives at his mommy's house. It doesn't get any cheaper than that.

Right.. I think it was him that probably didn't want to move forward in the relationship. Kelsey may have told her mom it was economic reasons because perhaps she was in denial and hoping he'd come around, or she just didn't want her family to know he wasn't committed to her.. JMO and speculation of course.

This case seems pretty straightforward to me. Nothing strange about it when you compare it to hundreds of other cases where a woman went missing after seeing her spouse/boyfriend, who was the last person to actually see her. Add a pregnancy or a baby into the mix, the couple in some kind of limbo, and it's practically boilerplate Dateline.

The only twist seems (to me) to be the amount of time this young, employed mother was able to disappear without being reported missing.

Almost like he doesn't want anyone talking to the baby without him around. Would a one year old offer any insight? They're not even talking by then, are they?
LOL. No, they are not talking at that point and would not be able to comprehend what was going on. Many babies would not be walking at that age (though some would).

As the custodial parent he would have a say in who takes temporary custody of the baby *unless* KB's family files for temporary custody in family court and makes a case for why they should have temporary custody.

I missed that, was it established somewhere that he is custodial parent? I guess I just assumed it was Kelsey

The Teller County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to CBS Denver that investigators are searching Frazee’s home in Florissant, which is about 15 miles from Woodland Park. The sheriff’s office reportedly said the search could take days.

Couldn't see this coming, huh? /sarc

Search could 'take days'. Meaning forensics. Apparently, LE officially has suspicions concerning the fiance.

Last edited:
Right.. I think it was him that probably didn't want to move forward in the relationship. Kelsey may have told her mom it was economic reasons because perhaps she was in denial and hoping he'd come around, or she just didn't want her family to know he wasn't committed to her.. JMO and speculation of course.

I think the opposite. There would no reason to cause her harm (if that is what happened). Just walk away.

LOL. No, they are not talking at that point and would not be able to comprehend what was going on. Many babies would not be walking at that age (though some would).
You'd be surprised. My LO was counting to ten at 15 months. And girls can be far more advanced than boys with language. Who knows what she'd say, even if it's just two words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste