CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #53 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was convinced it was a piece of tooth found in the ashes of the fire pit. But that statement by the Prosecution that it is 'not as critical ' as once thought----makes me wonder now.

That statement gives me pause, too....which is why I'm speculating about the possibility that there may have been a tooth fragment collected from another (larger) piece of evidence from PF's property.

JMO.

Last edited:
"In the courtroom, which was closed to cameras, prosecutors reportedly said that a small amount of evidence previously believed to be significant was no longer considered critical to the investigation."

From (also can be found in other sources) Prosecutors in Kelsey Berreth murder case say evidence set for testing is no longer critical to the investigation

I don't think this is some piece of evidence from the fire pit (oh how awesome that would be) and if it is they must then doubt it is hers. I have my opinions of why they changed their tune in January (above date) as to its importance and I do not believe it was found in the burn pit. I think the reason they were no longer so gung ho about it is otherwise.

Jmo though.
It would be good though if it is KBs. There was the story KK told of the one tooth she found with the root. If they did burn it and this is a piece of it, that would show she was telling the truth. Of course, it could also be the tooth that was in the envelope in the house. We have wondered whose it is. Still others think it could have attached to the mop or a boot. LE did confiscate some of those things in a search warrant.

I just want them to find KB.

Personally I think investigators know where her body is, but just were unable to locate it.

I’m not sure everyone fully understands what a monumental task it is to recover human remains from a landfill

Jmo

Sadly, I concur.

I do believe that KB's remains are (still) in that landfill.

Unfortunately, the searchers just weren't able to pinpoint the correct search location within the landfill.

JMO.

Personally I think investigators know where her body is, but just were unable to locate it.

I’m not sure everyone fully understands what a monumental task it is to recover human remains from a landfill

Jmo
So you do think she is in that landfill? That has to be a horror of a job to sift through the trash and smell day after day. I just always figure the worst would be PF putting a bullet in her and dumping her where he knows she would never be found. He had the time. I think that is the ultimate cruelty to the family...never knowing where she is.

Agreed that it's most likely a partial tooth or fragment of a tooth.

Tooth remnant from the burn pile would definitely fit with KK's account of the fire at the ranch.

Another possibility if it IS indeed KB's tooth is that it may have clung to either an article of clothing that PF was wearing, or adhered to a sheet or something else that he may have wrapped KB's body in before transporting her in his truck.

If it's a piece of KB's tooth, if it wasn't burned it's most likely bloody (sorry for being graphic), and as we know, PF does not know how to clean up a bloody crime scene...Wet Wipes, anyone?

I think it's possible a fragment of a tooth may have been found on another piece of evidence that was collected from the property.

JMO.

I suppose the sliver could have been in his shoes, perhaps in the laces. (Forgive me if 10 people already said this.)

You'd like to think Patrick would have disposed of the crime scene shoes but, after all, this is Patrick the Brilliant Cowboy.

That statement gives me pause, too....which is why I'm speculating about the possibility that there may have been a tooth fragment collected from another (larger) piece of evidence from PF's property.

Were it not for that statement about it being "not as critical" as once thought, it being a piece of recovered tooth from the burn pile would make absolute sense here.

JMO.

It could be that this part of the tooth is less likely to contain DNA so, therefore, is less critical.

I'll have to look it up but I thought the interior of a tooth was the most likely spot and not the enamel.

It never made sense that he was able to remove all trace of Kelsey from that fire.

Even if he only partially burned her, you’d think there would be something left.

So this does make sense.
I sincerely hope you're right, but then why did the prosecution say that the piece that required consumptive testing wasn't as important as they originally thought? If that fragment of tooth came from under the fire pit, it is REALLY an important piece of evidence, wouldn't you say?

It could be that this part of the tooth is less likely to contain DNA so, therefore, is less critical.

I'll have to look it up but I thought the interior of a tooth was the most likely spot and not the enamel.

I just learned that it is possible to get DNA from tooth enamel though it is not as rich a source as the pulp.

Enamel often protects the tooth's interior and, therefore, the DNA.

Last edited:
I sincerely hope you're right, but then why did the prosecution say that the piece that required consumptive testing wasn't as important as they originally thought? If that fragment of tooth came from under the fire pit, it is REALLY an important piece of evidence, wouldn't you say?

It's possible that the reason the prosecution said it wasn't as critical as originally thought could be because they recovered larger bone fragments from the burn pit which do NOT require consumptive testing.

That would make the tooth, or piece of a tooth, less critical if it was a much smaller sample, if indeed other, more sizable bone fragments were recovered from the burn site on the property.

JMO.

So you do think she is in that landfill? That has to be a horror of a job to sift through the trash and smell day after day. I just always figure the worst would be PF putting a bullet in her and dumping her where he knows she would never be found. He had the time. I think that is the ultimate cruelty to the family...never knowing where she is.

I mean like you I have my doubts, but I think its probably most likely that KB was probably burned and what was left taken to the landfill.

I think we will probably have our answers come trial, As I think investigators do have answers for much of the questions that we have. I think we may be very surprised by parts of KKL's story that LE was actually able to verify without a doubt.

but that's all just my own speculation

It's possible that the reason the prosecution said it wasn't as critical as originally thought could be because they recovered larger bone fragments from the burn pit which do NOT require consumptive testing.

That would make the tooth, or piece of a tooth, less critical if it was a much smaller sample, if indeed other, more sizable bone fragments were recovered from the burn site on the property.

JMO.
That makes perfect sense!

Correct, and I missed that comment.

There would be no understating its significance.

Yah I believe his coffin is already all but nailed shut

But If that part of a tooth ends up belonging to KB then drop the coffin In the ground and pour concrete on top

Who else would that partial tooth belong to? we all know she was murdered and hope they can match tooth dna to kelsey to put his nail in his coffin add his momma too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444