CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the US and Colorado ... the parents can move anywhere they want, the courts adjust visitation.

But, there would not be much visitation for PF, once KB left the state.

Logistics and cost ... plus impact on the child, would reduce visitation to a few times a year ... when what PF was used to ... was daily, most every day.

Absolutely NO legal basis for your assertion. It’s apparent you aren’t familiar with the “best interest” standard and the Uniform Child Custody and Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act.

In the US and Colorado ... the parents can move anywhere they want, the courts adjust visitation.

But, there would not be much visitation for PF, once KB left the state.

Logistics and cost ... plus impact on the child, would reduce visitation to a few times a year ... when what PF was used to ... was daily, most every day.

With a baby that young, the court probably would not allow the mom to remove her from the state. This is so that the child can form strong bonds with each parent. Courts encourage what is best for the kid, not what one parent wants. Baby would see each parent frequently. Mom can’t just move without the court permission, even in CO.

Besides, where in the world are you getting this info that she was planning on moving states with the baby and died because of it? You stating this as fact isn’t ok.

Surely LE has checked with all the possible avenues of transportation she might have taken IF she left on her own.
IF she did not leave on her own, there is NO question (MOO) that she was taken by someone who knew her because of the text sent to her employer.
I will be shocked if she’s found on his property but I agree it needs to be searched.
I considered he might have told her let’s go to your grandmothers (would have been smart but would show premeditation) BUT she didn’t take anything with her which makes it more obvious that she wasn’t the one planning what happened that day.
I also believe she intended to leave him, which is why I don’t believe she left to go cry over break-up, and why I believe PF did something to her.

I am always surprised by the things some perps do. For example, Scott Peterson driving Laci's body 90 miles in a boat to the Berkeley Marina and then dumping her in SF Bay weighed down with homemade cement 'anchors', or Josh Powell driving with his toddlers and Susan's body in the trunk.

That said, I am 80% convinced that KB is in Colorado.

<modsnip>My point was there may be a blue line at play for the original investigators who informed the public PF was cooperating. So I wasn't saying the police were incompetent or that I know better than the police. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
true. but i also don't believe some of the information coming out of the families mouth. does anyone actually think PF and KB were dating anymore? entire relationship seems strange if so.....
I agree with you there. At the very least, we clearly aren’t being told everything.

This is an odd one for sure.

I didn’t know that we had confirmation that PF was listed as father on the child BC?
If he’s listed on child BC, PF may not know or have known that KB couldn’t take his daughter and move closer to her work, (or back to Washington?) which would mean he wasn’t going to be keeping her everyday. It’s obvious he adores his daughter and wants her with him everyday.
He may have thought that KB could do anything she wanted because she’s the mother and she was a good mother.
He may have also thought that it would devastate his mother to not see the child everyday.
In a world with far too many fathers who don’t care about their children, it’s going to be a tragedy IF this one that does seem to care so much for his child, is also a murderer. Moo.

With a baby that young, the court probably would not allow the mom to remove her from the state. This is so that the child can form strong bonds with each parent. Courts encourage what is best for the kid, not what one parent wants. Baby would see each parent frequently. Mom can’t just move without the court permission, even in CO.

Besides, where in the world are you getting this info that she was planning on moving states with the baby and died because of it? You stating this as fact isn’t ok.

true. but i also don't believe some of the information coming out of the families mouth. does anyone actually think PF and KB were dating anymore? entire relationship seems strange if so.....

How long were they together before she got pregnant? Maybe they were just co-parenting, but told her family they were getting married. A cousin of mine did this for a long time because she was afraid our family would be disappointed in her having a failed relationship. Everyone assumed she was happily partnered up and really, they hadn’t lived together ever. Not saying this is definitely the case, but the situation is odd.

I think that they are just trying to keep it together as best that they can. I don't think that KB gave them the correct status of the relationship, maybe because they would have encouraged her to leave, but she thought that she would win him over. It never works.

I am always surprised by the things some perps do. For example, Scott Peterson driving Laci's body 90 miles in a boat to the Berkeley Marina and then dumping her in SF Bay weighed down with homemade cement 'anchors', or Josh Powell driving with his toddlers and Susan's body in the trunk.

That said, I am 80% convinced that KB is in Colorado.

Agreed! And I quote:

Smart people make bad criminals.

Stupid people make terrible criminals.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this guy made this mistake.

This statement? This news release on December 12 that says "Statement by Kelsey's fiance PF, relaying this is the last day he sees Kelsey when he picks up their daughter, 1-year-old K. (Afternoon)

LE is conveying that this is the information that was relayed to them by PF.

Notice how LE purposely leaves out who PF made the statement too. The reader is to believe the statement was made to the police and relaying this information to the general public via the statement. Keep this information in the back of your mind. I have a feeling its going to come into play as this case unfolds.

I didn’t know that we had confirmation that PF was listed as father on the child BC?
If he’s listed on child BC, PF may not know or have known that KB couldn’t take his daughter and move closer to her work, (or back to Washington?) which would mean he wasn’t going to be keeping her everyday. It’s obvious he adores his daughter and wants her with him everyday.
He may have thought that KB could do anything she wanted because she’s the mother and she was a good mother.
He may have also thought that it would devastate his mother to not see the child everyday.
In a world with far too many fathers who don’t care about their children, it’s going to be a tragedy IF this one that does seem to care so much for his child, is also a murderer. Moo.

His name doesn’t have to be on the birth certificate for the court to establish that he is her legal parent. In my state (WA) they call it establishing parentage and it’s essentially a custody case for unmarried parents. All he would need to do is google to see what his rights are...

Did they live together? Did the baby live with him prior to this? I’m not sure he or his mom saw her every day, but he may have and I’m just not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003