CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think mummy will be forthcoming with any info. You do have to ask why a grown man who is a parent is still living with his mummy.
<modsnipped sleuthing of family> So maybe he lives with her because she needs his help. And maybe now that he has primary care for K he needs her help too. Not every man that lives with his mother spends his days surfing the web for *advertiser censored*!

I didn’t know that we had confirmation that PF was listed as father on the child BC?
If he’s listed on child BC, PF may not know or have known that KB couldn’t take his daughter and move closer to her work, (or back to Washington?) which would mean he wasn’t going to be keeping her everyday. It’s obvious he adores his daughter and wants her with him everyday.
He may have thought that KB could do anything she wanted because she’s the mother and she was a good mother.
He may have also thought that it would devastate his mother to not see the child everyday.
In a world with far too many fathers who don’t care about their children, it’s going to be a tragedy IF this one that does seem to care so much for his child, is also a murderer. Moo.

In Texas, a mother cannot put a man's name on a Birth Certificate. The father has to do that and I believe they try to do that at birth. Otherwise, the mother has to file a "Petition to Establish Paternity." If the mother is receiving money/services from the State, the Attorney General (in Texas, at least) will either file a "Petition to Establish Paternity" or intervene in the mother's case.

I don't think that KB would need the help of the Attorney General since she was probably making good money. Since he had a family photo with Kelsey and the baby, it appears they were presenting as a couple and one could assume that he would have signed the Birth Certificate.

I'm not sure if the planning of the marriage came before or after the baby, or if at all, really. Imo

I’m going to guess after the baby or pregnancy. Trying to “do the right thing”. And they both know it wasn’t working, but kept up the pretense to certain people...I’m curious about the time line when they moved to CO and when she got pregnant...was the move due to pregnancy? Get away from religious family?

Compensation is theoretically covered by the 5th Amendment, so presumably the landowner wouldn't have to file a tort claim. However:

"Despite this [5th Amendment] protection, many courts have denied takings claims made by innocent third party landowners when police officers caused damage to their property during the course of executing their official duties. These courts held that the damage was not for a "public use" in the narrow sense, and have refused to analyze the claims undertakings jurisprudence. This narrow view of "public use" ignores the fact that society as a whole benefits from the police activity, including any resulting damage to property, while the innocent, individual owner alone is forced to bear the burden."

https://scholarship.law.wm.edu/cgi/...com/&httpsredir=1&article=1382&context=wmborj
Thank you for this. I wondered. I am sure PF and his mother are not happy about the property being torn up. Perhgaps the search could have been avoided or less invasive had PF sat down and talked to investigaters.

I am wondering as to what the normal pattern was for PF to have the child. Did he have the child when Kelsey was at work? Was Kelsey supposed to work Friday? Apparently not since she did not show up for work Friday. Since she was not to work Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, why would she give up the child on Thursday? I imagine PF had cows to feed and other chores which would make it more likely the child would remain with Kelsey even if they had Thanksgiving together somewhere. It doesn't make any sense for PF to go to Kelsey's, and pick up the child on Thanksgiving and leave Kelsey home alone. No one can verify that there is a legal custody agreement.

Last edited:
I know of farms who do bury their own animals, but I honestly don’t know what is most standard.
I am a fair ways behind in this thread, but I've read several posts about burying animals. Here on the eastern Colorado plains it's more common practice to let nature take its course with dead cattle. Horses are another matter. Horses are usually buried. Although if one has enough acreage sometimes ranchers have a "spot" for deceased critters. If PF lives on 35 acres & raises cattle, I'm going to assume he has BLM leases. 35 acres would be enough for raising a few horses that you hand feed, but certainly not enough for much grazing. All of this being said, "IF" he is responsible for her disappearance, which I am certainly leaning towards, he would have access to plenty of land to dispose of a body. It would be pretty "Wattsesque" to bury her on his immediate 35 acres. MOO

don't know if this has been confirmed but a coworker said they met online in early 2016. so they wouldn't have been together long before she got pregnant.
Maybe he was in charge of the ranch and Kelsey and his mother didn't get along. It seemed she was trying to stay nearby even though she had a long commute to work each day.

I've been thinking about all of this and I'm not so sure he did anything to her. Why would he? They seemed to be co parenting with both able to see baby girl whenever they wanted. She had a good job and probably made good money. I wonder if there was a life insurance policy?
Health insurance is so expensive so maybe when and if they did marry hers would cover him..a family plan.
I think he had a lot to lose. He was living a good life with his spread, his mother and baby girl.
Now the attorney takes it all. sigh.

We don't even know how long they were together or what the circumstances of their relationship were before she got pregnant. My guess is it wasn't long. Imo

I wish I could find the video of a family friend from Idaho who said that Kelsey had finally found her dream job when she was hired at Doss. Her move to Colorado was because of her new employment. Which makes me think it was first the job, then later she met PF. Still, she could have met him online, as the rumors have said, and then found employment nearby so they could be closer.

I do find it unusual that if she didn't plan to co-habitate, why didn't she live closer to work. Even before the baby and child care needs arose.

I am wondering as to what the normal pattern was for PF to have the child. Did he have the child when Kelsey was at work? Was Kelsey supposed to work Friday? Apparently not since she did not show up for work Friday. Since she was not to work Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, why would she give up the child on Thursday? I imagine PF had cows to feed and other chores which would make it more likely the child would remain with Kelsey even if they had Thanksgiving together somewhere. It doesn't make any sense for PF to go to Kelsey's, and pick up the child on Thanksgiving and leave Kelsey home alone.

We don’t know their co-parenting pattern. And her family might not either. She might have feed them lines due to their judging her out of wedlock child. Say what ever. Get them off my back.

He truly might not have reported her missing, because she might have said, I’ll be back in a few days. And that wasn’t abnormal for her if she had out of state flights or even was dating...

Well I'm hoping no news is good news on the digging.
I think it's strange that PF would tell the aunt that SHE ended the relationship on Thanksgiving if he did something to her. That's just giving himself a motive. Why wouldn't he have said HE broke up with her if he wanted it to look like she ran off needing time away or to self harm? I just don't know what to think.

I think he had to say she dumped him to maybe make it look like she ran off with someone else. Her cars were at her home.

I thought about this before falling asleep. Other than flying, we really have no idea of what she is like. No hobbies, friends, likes/dislikes. This also tells me that they aren’t trying to appeal emotionally to any captors/probably don’t really think she’s alive
As Seattle1 said upthread, Kelsey grew up on a farm - her parents were hay farmers. She's the outdoorsy type. Kelsey's cousin described her as a sweet, loving “country girl” who loves horses, hiking and the outdoors. Her brother’s partner said they’ve spent time together paddle boarding, canoeing and bike riding. She also enjoys running.
MOO

NO one would question if he’s an adoring parent if he were the child’s mother carrying her around. Yes, he might be an adoring father. Just because he’s the father and not the mother doesn’t tell us that she’s a prop to him.

Oh someone would question if the mother was an adoring mother with her child’s best interests at heart if the mom never reported the dad missing. Or if mom didn’t blink twice over the dad being missing. Or act like she cares at all that the dad could be in danger. This has NOTHING to do with the dad being the dad and everything to do with how he has conducted himself.

Imo This about ownership,and winning at all cost. Once a controling possessive person loses that watch out.
The most dangerous time for a woman in this kind of relationship is when she leaves.
Exactly. Couldn't have said it any better. I firmly believe the "relationship" was 100% controlled. For me, that would completely explain the lack of friends, the tense if not previously non-existent relationship between both KB's family and PF as well as a potential tense or non-existent relationship between KB and PF's family.

MOO, but I'm sure anything that was previously searchable regarding KB was removed from the internet long ago. Either by "someone else" or she may have been manipulated to do it herself.

If KB was able to stay home for the holidays last year because she had a teeny baby, that's excusable. But it's a year since then, she probably wanted to go home or spend time with his family. There was pressure. PF may have agreed to one or the other and then backed out last minute.

The more time that goes on, the more strongly I feel that KB was duped in the beginning via an online relationship into a web of lies. I just get this icky feeling regarding her having a P.O. Box in Florissant...control of her mail. Everything she did online via phone or computer can easily be seen by someone (who knows how to look).

I'm sure LE confiscated A computer and A phone. But there could have been many others. And much time to dispose of these.

I wish I could find the video of a family friend from Idaho who said that Kelsey had finally found her dream job when she was hired at Doss. Her move to Colorado was because of her new employment. Which makes me think it was first the job, then later she met PF. Still, she could have met him online, as the rumors have said, and then found employment nearby so they could be closer.

I do find it unusual that if she didn't plan to co-habitate, why didn't she live closer to work. Even before the baby and child care needs arose.
With that information it definitely sounds like she moved there because of her job. Do we know where they met or where he lived before he lived in Colorado, if anywhere else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member