CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(7) young mother Kelsey unexpectedly disappeared and didn't take her toddler
(8)PF and his family are not witnessed posting missing person fliers on social media or elsewhere
(9) PF and his family did not plead to news media for people to search for Kelsey (PF's fiancee)
(10) PF and his family did not attend the press conference or the vigil
(11) PF told LE and Kelsey's family that Kelsey went on trip to visit family in WA without her toddler
(12)Text message from Kelsey's phone unprofessionally (without giving any notice) told her employer she was going on an immediate vacation
(13)No text message from Kelsey's phone went to her mom or grandmother to tell them she was coming to visit them and without her toddler
(14) Kelsey's makeup, toothbrush, and suitcase were not taken on her alleged vacation
(15) Food which would rot was left on the counter while Kelsey allegedly went on an unexpected vacation without her toddler
(16) A judge required probable cause to sign LE's search warrant for PF's home
(17) Kelsey's aunt posted that Kelsey and PF had very recently broken up

Did I miss anything?

I just love you Gunslinging Granny :)

What I keep coming back to is that she:
1. left without either of her vehicles
2. left without any clothing
3. left without any toiletries
4. left without packing
5. and the glaring issue that her fiance, the last person to see her alive, hasn't reported her missing or spoken personally with police to answer questions.

Agreed. Simplest explanation is typically the correct one.

I travel 5 days a week for work. I’m a mom. My youngest is now a high school senior. It works for me and my ex. And our co-parenting. Does this stop the gossip and family judging, nope. Especially my sister and mom. So, the less information I provide the better. There are times I need to stay away for a couple weeks. Do they know? No. I provide just enough information to keep them off my back. The narrative they know, is different than the reality. Am I less of a mom? No. Quality not quantity. But, there might be things they are unaware of...

This is so, so true. There are certain times of the year that I work a whole lot of hours. My husband picks up the slack. I do not advertise that this is happening and work my hours around games and other events to that to the outside world I am still very much there. What people don't realize is that I probably came from work, and am returning to work. I am still a great mom and prioritize my children above everything else in life. They know my schedule, we Facetime before bed and during my less busy times I am around a lot. Again, not something anyone outside my home would know though.

Plot twist, there is no baby!

But yeah, no matter what truly happened, it’s clear that PF took the baby at some point later in the day.

She’s there.

I’ll just take the time now for a mini PSA. Unless the shopping cart is designed to put a baby in the front with their car seat, please don’t do that, it’s dangerous! They go into the cart, back where you put the groceries, while in the car seat. The seat is extremely heavy and the carts aren’t made for that weight distribution!

Now that I got that off of my chest...whew...

Last edited:
Personally, I hope K's Aunt has not been reading these threads since comments about K's mental health has continued even after she said that was not an issue, not to mention the rumors and FB pages that were linked where K's Mom and family was bashed.
I only said has it been considered, not that it’s true. Post pardum is something that can happen and could help explain being away from the child for a longer amount of time. Just saying everything should be considered (which it sounds like it has) then there won’t be hard feelings later.ADMIN.. I’m new to this site and this is sad, I’ve lived in CO all my life and just trying to think of possibilities. I’m done though. :) will just be an observer. And I hope KB’s family finds answers soon -with an outcome that is good.

Last edited:
My apologies ...

As I was reviewing this thread tonight, I did not realize that MSM did in fact contain reference to PF having family members in LE. Once I realized that, subsequent posts were let stand.

Due to the sheer volume of posts that had to be removed tonight, it would not be feasible to go back to try to find those posts that were removed. If you feel your post needs to be reinstated, please message me and I'll try to locate it. (Or, I may just run off to Buenos Aires, never to be heard from again. Hold the applause, please.) :D

You just won my favorite mod award with that comment. I like you. You are my kind of people. :cool:

You're right, I'm sure LE has the answers to many of these questions. It would be good if this timeline was shared.
LE has to fully investigate PF whether or not the information they have points in another direction. He is a viable suspect until ruled out or in given he is the SO and also last known person to see her. So the fact they are investigating him and his property does not imply they believe he is guilty, it’s simply procedure. Statistics put him in the hot seat for sure, but it’s not a certain. I can see how they would want to try to remove the baby if possible until he can be ruled in or out, to keep the baby safe. If they had any solid evidence that suggested he is a person of interest they would label him and the baby would be removed for safety immediately I would think.

Has K’s aunt been back on? I’m curious why someone would join and not give more info - but maybe she’s not allowed to.

We don’t have much to work with factually, and suspicions aren’t facts. At this point they seem to be making it hard for other options to be seriously considered.

Like....her wanting to disappear for whatever reasons - but having an accident during that short time. Ditto if someone picked her up. They could have gone somewhere and she could have had an accident there. She could have had a true accident at PF’s place and he could have freaked out. His parents could have picked her up to take her to dinner at his house, whether they planned to harm her or just try to smooth things over - and something could have happened there. There is No scenario that makes sense and no one is trying to help us. No one is giving us Any facts.

I’m trying not to even think about this case bc we have nothing to work with. And there Is certainly information; we’re just not privy to it. Feel like we’re collectively banging our heads against the wall. My time is better spent doing almost anything than this.....until or unless we have something to work with.
I think she popped in yesterday morning, you could search her name and see what comes up. The family also has be to careful what they say and I'm sure they'd love to give details, but can't right now. We all saw her mother struggle in the interview, you could tell she was torn between not stepping in it and wanting to say more.
Also, they're sitting in it, in the middle of it all and I can tell you from experience that time stands still, it seems completely unreal, you don't know whether it's day or night, people are sleeping when and where they drop from exhaustion and sometimes they need to just distance themselves from it all to maintain sanity. So the aunt may be taking a break from it all.
If one case gets frustrating, there are others to look over and see if you can lend a hand on. I feel your post and know it's coming from wanting to see this person home and feeling frustrated that you can't do more to help.

Hell there isn’t just “something off here,” the whole damn thing is “off.”

I’ve seen some baffling cases, but this is a whole different kind of baffling.

We don’t even know basic details about the victim and her “fiancé.”

That’s kind of what confuses me. I highly doubt that EVERY detail about their lives would hurt the investigation if presented. It’s odd. Usually we know much more than we do. Even in Mollie’s case, which was pretty tight lipped.

Im new to posting here but I have been following you all since the Casey Anthony days....
Ive read a lot of people say that her mother said it was a loving relationship. I was in an abusive marriage for many many years, my parents didnt know, my therapist didnt know and my best friends didnt know. It was a well kept, well guarded secret.
I dont know if it was PF or not, tho I have my suspicions.
Anyway, I love reading all your thoughts on this case and others and look forward to reading/learning more
Welcome to Websleuths - that case also brought me here.

15 months after the fact?
It can escalate over time, but it's unlikely this was the case. There would have been strong indications before this like a lessening bond between the mother and child, an inability to perform normal daily activities like bathing or showering, missing work, not being social, pulling away from family, engaging in risky behaviors, repeatedly expressing feeling overwhelmed, etc.
Most women do experience some level of PPD just due to the hormone fluctuation and it typically hits its apex at about month 3 (exacerbated by lack of sleep and the healing process) but it doesn't usually get worse after that time without some indication earlier that there was an issue.

Probable cause is compelling evidence, signed off by a judge. It has nothing to do with “his lawyer isn’t allowing him to talk.”

Yes, but the probable cause could have also been easily obtained since they were dating at some point, were co parenting, he saw her that day to get the baby, and if they had just broken up, likely a lot of angry messages back and forth. Witnesses probably saw them together that day, or saw his truck at her house.

I hate to be contrary, but none of those things may apply to the couple. Perhaps they didn't like "hip, fun, popular" places. Maybe they preferred quieter, more out of the way joints. I do. And, as a c&w fan, I would gladly drive 20 extra miles into the city if there was a country music bar that I liked better.

Then again, when the flavor's gone I also throw out my chewing gum for fresh sticks and my dates and I rarely went to restaurants. :)

They have a baby. With her work schedule and then having a baby, I doubt they had much time to go out to restaurants on dates.

My apologies ...

As I was reviewing this thread tonight, I did not realize that MSM did in fact contain reference to PF having family members in LE. Once I realized that, subsequent posts were let stand.

Due to the sheer volume of posts that had to be removed tonight, it would not be feasible to go back to try to find those posts that were removed. If you feel your post needs to be reinstated, please message me and I'll try to locate it. (Or, I may just run off to Buenos Aires, never to be heard from again. Hold the applause, please.) :D
:)

Is it possible that KB was abducted by a third party and transported to another location, passing Gooding along the way? Was PF contacted and told to keep quiet or harm would come to KB, him or his family?

I realize this sounds more like a TV show plot than real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo