CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He might not have been aware that she was missing until Kelsey's mother called him. If their relationship had been broken for any significant amount of time then Kelsey may not have believed it would be any of PF's business as to her whereabouts, plans, who she might be with, etc. We simply do not know what the situation was.

Exactly - we just don’t know at this point.

I'd like to read on how the US Air Force and their contractors who train their pilots (Kelsey's employer) are allegedly incompetent with their background checks. Do you have any links?
I have knowledge in this area. Government civilians and contractors fill out a form called an SF-86. You can probably find one if you Google. Checks are conducted at different levels depending upon what level of clearance is required for the individual. If your job requires a clearance such as Secret or Top Secret, adjudicators interview your family and friends. If you only require a standard background check, they check law enforcement records, passports, and banks. One thing they are looking for is if you have lied or omitted any information.

I wonder if besides the verbal custody agreement there was also some type of financial agreement? and somebody was always falling short? Money or lack of can be a source of major problems.

I haven't been able to keep up with all the posts but I just watched the interview with CB and one part of it stuck out to me...when she was asked if she had seen her granddaughter this trip. CB also said she was surprised that KB hadn't done her hair yet (video at Safeway). May mean nothing but KB must be one that rarely goes out without being done up and CB implied that was unusual. And, yes, as some of you have also picked up on, the Christmas tree.

I found CB’s statement at the 5:41 mark on the interview to be strange. They asked if she had seen her granddaughter... her reply? Not on this trip. ??? That is so bizarre to me, which means she hasn’t seen or talked to PF either? Wow he would have been the very FIRST person that I spoke to as a mother of a missing daughter.

Do we even have any photos of Kelsey pregnant? For all we know, she adopted the child.
o_O

(I don't believe any such thing but I feel like the questions and specualtions about her baby are getting ridiculous-- not from you, Seattle1 but in general. She did pin "cute clothes for pregnant women" to her pinterest so there's that :rolleyes: )

Instead of asking about Baby K's legal parental status, I'm much more interested in where Kelsey lived and what she did while pregnant. A flight instructor posting here said in the later months it would be difficult to do her job while heavily. And some doctors might not endorse flying multiple times a day while pregnant. Did her job give her paid maternity leave and who helped her during this time? A lot of people are making assumptions that KB's mother and the rest of her family might have never seen the child, but I would not be surprised if KB had her mom or brother come stay with her when Baby K was born. JMO.

I also would like to know how soon she returned to work. Think of breastfeeding and flying. If the baby was formula-fed, it might indicate that PF's family was immensely attached to the baby.

I found CB’s statement at the 5:41 mark on the interview to be strange. They asked if she had seen her granddaughter... her reply? Not on this trip. ??? That is so bizarre to me, which means she hasn’t seen or talked to PF either? Wow he would have been the very FIRST person that I spoke to as a mother of a missing daughter.
It appeared to me that PF wasn't answering Kelsey's mom's phone calls.

Yes, the road up to the green gate could easily be a private road, but probably not his private road. All the press needed to do was see whose land it was, get permission from that landowner and the press could easily return and PK could not run them off. I wonder how PK got anything UPS or Fedex with his gate locked.
In rural areas, FedEx and UPS very often leave the "last mile" delivery to the US Postal Service. That is, the packages go to the post office and they either end up in a P.O. box there if it is large enough, delivered to the mail box if small enough, or the customer gets a notice in their mailbox that they have to come to the post office to pick up the package.

IMHO, it would be extremely unusual for a mother to leave her 15-month-old child with her father for one week without any contact.
I think it depends on how well she trusted him, his routine his schedule was, how her work schedule was, and (if they were broken up) how amicable the break up was.

I can imagine a man, who worked long hours, not communicate with the mother for a week so I can also imagine a woman who worked long hours, as KB was known to, not communicate for a week. I’m a woman in my 20s and people in my peer group who are working mothers get very busy. It happens.

Also, some break ups are the opposite of amicable. They may have only communicated about “pick ups and drop offs” for the child. I’ve known of some parents who’ve had divorces that only communicate to each other through a lawyer basic things about their child. I had a childhood friend whose divorced parents only communicated to each other through a third party.

Last edited:
I've heard that PF went to KB's home to get their daughter and I've heard that KB dropped the little girl off to him at his home. Which is it? With her purse and cell missing it makes more sense that she went to his home.
However, her cars are at her home, correct?
I suspect something happened to her at the time of exchange of their daughter. Did she willingly hand over her daughter to PF that day? If it's true (as her aunt says) that they had broken up the day before, then this is a big question to me. KB's mother said she was maybe going to dinner that night. With whom, if she had broken up with PS the day prior?
Then, her cell pinged in Idaho. Where was PF at that time? Do we know?
Also, he is holding his daughter close every time I've seen any pics of him in the media. Why? I can think of several reasons he is doing this. Public sympathy, shield, protective of her, etc. Personally I would keep my child out of any media pics. That would be one of the ways I would protect my child. I would keep her out of the public eye.
jmo

It seems there are conflicting stories on how and where PF got baby K from Kelsey. We don't really know at this point. If I were placing bets, I would bet KB and her purse and phone went with the baby to his mom's house (the property LE searched) and something happened there OR shortly before she reached there (and perhaps only her phone traveled onto the property briefly before being turned off). The reason I suspect this is they had to have probable cause to search the property. With so many of PF's family being LE, they are not going to serve a warrant with weak probable cause. It had to be something strong placing Kelsey there around the time she went missing. Kelsey's phone pinging on the property on the afternoon of Nov 22 would be strong probable cause. JMO.

CB is a very strong woman with a deep faith that’s impressive. There are a couple of places, in the video from channel 5 upthread, where she gets real. The one that tells the truth about her relationship with PF is when she says she hasn’t seen the baby this time and doesn’t know if she will. That upsets her, as it would any grandmother. He’s controlling her like he may have controlled KB. Why do that? Is the baby scratched or bruised? A couple of my kids were speaking in 3 word sentences by 10 months. This baby is 14 months. Did she see something? Otherwise why not let Grandma see the baby, even through an advocate? Big red flag!

When her mother was interviewed and mentions her needing a recipe, but doesn’t elaborate, and says a dinner out was a possibility, but doesn’t elaborate- what could these two things need to be secretive? I fully think Kelsey told her what her plans were. When you talk to a relative at a distance on a holiday the first thing you discuss is what everyone is doing for their holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay