CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found CB’s statement at the 5:41 mark on the interview to be strange. They asked if she had seen her granddaughter... her reply? Not on this trip. ??? That is so bizarre to me, which means she hasn’t seen or talked to PF either? Wow he would have been the very FIRST person that I spoke to as a mother of a missing daughter.

How can you speak to someone who won't speak to you? He has to agree to meet with her and it appears he has not. Just as he has not agreed to sit down with police.

Has there been any evidence that they at least hung out together at other times or other Holidays?

Well, there's the baby, although I've seen posts suggesting he's not the father and even that she might have adopted her.

I have knowledge in this area. Government civilians and contractors fill out a form called an SF-86. You can probably find one if you Google. Checks are conducted at different levels depending upon what level of clearance is required for the individual. If your job requires a clearance such as Secret or Top Secret, adjudicators interview your family and friends. If you only require a standard background check, they check law enforcement records, passports, and banks. One thing they are looking for is if you have lied or omitted any information.

Yes. This. They care most that you don’t lie. I mean, they aren’t going to give you one if you have killed someone, have been deemed a spy for another country, or have extremely shady business dealings, but most people with clearances aren’t perfect. It’s not strict in the sense that a lot of people think it is.

I'm trying to wrap my head around that too. If they had indeed broken up, he may have just been waiting for her to call and say she was coming to get her daughter. He could have thought possession is 9/10th of the law and he wasn't going to give her back and loved her not calling. He may have even texted her that. We just don't know. I had read he watched her most of the time too due to KB's schedule. We just don't know. But logically, I too find it very suspicious he wasn't looking for her, didn't report her missing.
My thoughts EXACTLY

Even assuming that they had a recent, bitter breakup, I would not expect zero communication between the two of them for a week or more, with him taking care of the child. You will never convince me that this is not extremely unusual. MOO.
I don't think anyone is saying that's usual. I'm sure not! :) Unlikely, but still maybe plausible, depending on what the circumstances were. There's a lot we don't know, which I keep remembering every time I see her cousin's comment that it's a long story and we'll understand more when the information comes out eventually.

@otto - you have such a great point. The LE have access to KB's phone and computer. You know they have interviewed neighbors and co-workers, who are probably being asked to not share because it's an ongoing investigation. Plus people who really adore and love her are going to do whatever LE advises. Think about it, they have all that tech YET they are still searching the ranch.
Kelsey's phone pinged in Gooding, ID (some 800 miles away from Woodland Park, CO) and law enforcement has given no indication that they have located her phone.

Yes, the road up to the green gate could easily be a private road, but probably not his private road. All the press needed to do was see whose land it was, get permission from that landowner and the press could easily return and PK could not run them off. I wonder how PK got anything UPS or Fedex with his gate locked.

Someone several threads ago posted aerial views of the property he lives on. The driveway behind the locked gate appears to go to the residence on the property, IMO. This can also be seen in aerial news footage from this past Friday, when LE started searching that property per a search warrant.

When folks with gates across driveway entrances order something, there's usually a call box outside the gate to call for entry, or the gate has been opened, or someone is waiting at the gate, or a there's a weatherproof box at the gate to put the package in. In other words, some kind of arrangements are usually made, IMO.

If a private road isn't owned by the same entity as the one property it accesses, it would more likely be owned by an association of landowners than by a different private party. (Too many legal issues if one private party controls another private party's access to their own land. Easements and other complications required.)

Also, in an area that rural, sometimes people have boxes at their gate for deliveries if the gate is kept locked. Or even more likely, the UPS/FedEx driver knows everyone in person and just calls them to open the gate, or delivers the parcels when they see the person in town, or sometimes even just pops a package into the recipient's car when they see it parked... Unofficially, of course, but in small towns it does sometimes happen.

The trees on his property are more likely juniper or pinyon than typical christmas tree species like pine, fir, spruce. Also christmas trees are tiny, like maybe just 10-15 years old -- you need a big area to choose from to be able to find an appropriate size tree every year.

IMO a rural cowboy type would be unlikely to go to town to a tree lot when the forest is right there. Rural folks are do-it-yourselfers. Plus it's a lot cheaper -- National Forest christmas tree permits are $10. Also, someone else mentioned an ax: super unlikely -- they would use their chainsaw.

All MOO of course, though most of what I said here I do have first-hand experience of.
Most people that cut their own tries just use a bow saw. You don't want to lug a chainsaw around. A typical Christmas tree trunk will only be 4-5 inches in diameter. Has there ever been any mention as to whether a coat or jacket is missing from her home? I wouldn't think she would go off to look for a tree in the forest without a coat and maybe some gloves.

Yes, someone in the Air Force, after doing a background check on Devin Kelley, failed to submit his domestic violence record to the national background check system.

There is no evidence that Kelsey has a sketchy mental health history. She underwent an extensive background check before she was hired to train Air Force pilots. It's very possible that she was required to undergo a background check every year or biyearly.

Yes, no evidence of it, but extensive background checks do not always prevent someone from working in an Air Force position because of a mental health history. There would be a sparse government employee population if that were the case. There is no evidence that she had any issues, but also, a “secure” job doesn’t omit the possibility, either.

Kelsey's mother reported her missing to the police. She likely knew that her boyfriend had not reported her missing. Hell may have broke loose in that phone call. That in itself might be the reason she is not seeing the baby this trip. One of the reasons.

Her mom thought she was missing because of talking to PF, am I getting that right? If that’s the case, I wonder why he called her or took her call then, but not now. I’d guess his attorney has a hand in that.

Most single 29 year olds have never prepared a Thanksgiving dinner. Given the timing of the call and the fact that she called her mother (rather than consult the internet) for a recipe leads me to believe it was a well liked family recipe which she probably intended to make for the holiday and, that she was making something for someone else and that it would be safe to prepare "mom's recipe". Is it just me or does it seem the family does not want to discuss what that recipe was. Why? Maybe her mother knew she was making something to take to his family for Thanksgiving? And LE wants to play down that her mother knew she was suppose to go there for dinner... And that's why her mother sounded rather elusive when she said that Kelsey told her she MIGHT be going out for dinner. Kind of a sketchy explanation of Thanksgiving...

good point - but if you are a working mom who doesn't get that much time with the baby during the day (awake), you may just want to maximize the time you do have with her and talk to her face to face while you shop? I'm trying to think of alternative scenarios. JMO

That's a good point. Maybe if it was a regular day. But it was Thanksgiving Day. Stores were closing early so time was tight and she was supposedly going to dinner with baby and fiance later in the day. And she had baby K at her house previous to the trip to the store-- they ate breakfast together (cinnamon rolls). Taking a baby into the store when you have another adult to watch her wastes time. She could spend more time with baby if someone else watched her while she ran in. I could see a doting mother wanting to spend some time shopping with baby but it makes little sense to me on that day and under those conditions given. But good job trying to think outside the box! Your comments have lead me to wonder how long Kelsey had the baby at her place prior to Thanksgiving day. We haven't heard anything about that yet as far as I know.

Kelsey worked for an employer that has government contracts to train Air Force pilots. This means she had an extensive background check before she was hired. Extensive. Her background had to be very clean to be hired. All the speculation on FB sites is garbage. It is coming from petty women who are angry that Kelsey's mom has asked them to stop creating drama.

Flight Training | Doss Aviation
Doss Aviation
Flight Training
What We Do… Flight Training

Our history as a premier flight training company began with the U.S. Army at Ft. Rucker, AL and at Ft. Stewart, GA in the early 1970’s and has continued for 21 years in support of the U.S. Air Force flight screening/training program at Hondo, TX in 1979. Our refined military-style training was expanded to the Air Force to include the complete package of aircraft maintenance and aviation logistics support services for the Air Force’s Initial Flight Screening program. We successfully operated and maintained T-41 aircraft from October 1979 to September 1993 for the U.S. Air Force at Hondo, Texas. In February 1994, we transitioned to the T-3A Firefly and the U.S. Air Force’s Enhanced Flight Screening Program (EFSP).

Training.jpg
This tradition continues today with Doss Aviation, Inc’s flight training facility in Pueblo, Colorado, with the U.S. Air Force’s Initial Flight Training (IFT) Program. The Doss-developed training facility and curriculum provides introductory flight training for all U.S. Air Force aviation candidates. The company owned and operated state-of-the-art flying training facility supports Headquarters Air Education and Training Command (HQ AETC) and is known as the “Gateway to Air Force Aviation.” Every U.S. Air Force aviator candidate, be it Pilot, Combat Systems Officer, or Remotely Piloted Aircraft pilot, receives flight instruction, Air Force aviator introduction, and candidate screening at the Pueblo facility in preparation for follow-on flight training at any of the Air Force’s Undergraduate Flight Training (UFT) locations. Visit the IFT website at www.dossifs.com for more information.

The IFT program provides the Air Force with a turn-key flight training program in our facility that can support up to 2,200 aviation candidates per year. The Pueblo site offers a U.S. Air Force Undergraduate Flight Training, military-like training environment that includes an elite cadre of highly experienced flight instructors and a fleet of contractor-owned Diamond Aircraft DA-20’s. This one-of-a-kind facility, located on a 48-acre campus....

Yes. That means random drug tests too.

Technically, they wouldn’t be cutting in a national forest (unless there’s something different about laws in Colorado). Most go to tree farms where getting in and out with a tree is easy.
You can purchase a permit to cut down one tree. It's an easy Google. ;)

Her mom thought she was missing because of talking to PF, am I getting that right? If that’s the case, I wonder why he called her or took her call then, but not now. I’d guess his attorney has a hand in that.
While we know that she hasn't seen the baby, I don't believe we've seen it reported that she asked to see the baby and was denied...or that she has called him and he didn't answer. Have you seen this?

I found CB’s statement at the 5:41 mark on the interview to be strange. They asked if she had seen her granddaughter... her reply? Not on this trip. ??? That is so bizarre to me, which means she hasn’t seen or talked to PF either? Wow he would have been the very FIRST person that I spoke to as a mother of a missing daughter.
I picked up that too, like there's more to that story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay