CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, now that I could agree with. Doss MIGHT have given PF a notification that the insurance would be ending at some point. Even though he should have figured that out himself.

But that is different than the original thing, which was him saying the child's insurance was being terminated. As in she had no more insurance. That is what I was arguing against. It doesn't happen that fast. in may experience anyway.
It certainly happened that fast in my career experience and my husband's career experience.
COBRA has been around for more than 30 years and nobody is forced to use it. PF could have added the baby to his own health insurance after he received notification from Doss. Is there proof he did or did not? And where is the witness from Doss to counter that the child's medical insurance wasn't being terminated therefore PF was lying to his brother?

JMO

COBRA isn't a new policy. It is the payment of the entire premium of the current policy for 18 months. That's federal law and it has absolutely nothing to do with the Watts case. The only exception to COBRA is if the employee is fired for gross misconduct and we know that doesn't apply to KB.

JMO

The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) gives workers and their families who lose their health benefits the right to choose to continue group health benefits provided by their group health plan for limited periods of time under certain circumstances such as voluntary or involuntary job loss, reduction in the hours worked, transition between jobs, death, divorce, and other life events. Qualified individuals may be required to pay the entire premium for coverage up to 102 percent of the cost to the plan.

COBRA generally requires that group health plans sponsored by employers with 20 or more employees in the prior year offer employees and their families the opportunity for a temporary extension of health coverage (called continuation coverage) in certain instances where coverage under the plan would otherwise end.

COBRA outlines how employees and family members may elect continuation coverage. It also requires employers and plans to provide notice.

Health Plans & Benefits: Continuation of Health Coverage - COBRA | U.S. Department of Labor
Did PF even mention COBRA? Where are you getting that?

It certainly happened that fast in my career experience and my husband's career experience.
COBRA has been around for more than 30 years and nobody is forced to use it. PF could have added the baby to his own health insurance after he received notification from Doss. Is there proof he did or did not? And where is the witness from Doss to counter that the child's medical insurance wasn't being terminated therefore PF was lying to his brother?

JMO
Maybe you are 100% correct and I am totally wrong. I don't believe a word out of this snake's mouth, so it is hard for me to accept his story.

If I am wrong I will gladly eat some crow. I am sure you will remind me if Doss testifies that it was all true what he said to his brother. ;)

I agree. ACA also does not mandate paid coverage for dependents.

The ACA requires that applicable large employers (ALEs) offer affordable coverage to their full-time employees and their dependents up to age 26. However, the law makes no requirement for spousal coverage, nor does it mandate that employers pay for any portion of the premium for dependents.

Are Employers Required to Offer Family Health Insurance?

BBM. Yes, COBRA does mandate coverage for dependents if they were covered under the original plan. Evidently, the child was covered under KB's original plan. Is there proof the child was not?

JMO

Health Plans & Benefits: Continuation of Health Coverage - COBRA | U.S. Department of Labor

Now, there are more options under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). But there's only one way to keep your employer-sponsored coverage after losing your job -- COBRA. COBRA lets you do that for up to 18 months, and your spouse and dependents in some cases can stay covered for up to three years.

You can elect COBRA for you and your family if you otherwise would lose coverage because:

• You quit your job.
  • You were fired, unless it was for "gross misconduct."
  • Your hours were reduced.
In addition, dependents can elect COBRA if they lose eligibility for coverage because of:

• Death of the covered employee
  • Age - an adult child turns 26 and can no longer stay on a parent's plan
  • Divorce or legal separation from the covered spouse
  • Eligibility by the covered employee for Medicare.

Fun fact:

PF’s “alibi notes” say that he tended to his animals, and arrived at Thanksgiving dinner at around 4:30.

Even if one were to ignore the 11 times he is caught on camera at Kelsey’s house, he still was caught on surveillance at approximately 4:30, driving past the furniture store near Kelsey’s house.

Which is many miles from where he said he was, and still 25 minutes away from the Ranch.

Another fun fact: The defense doesn’t dispute that it’s his vehicle, nor do they dispute that he was driving.

And that tote that was caught on surveillance at the bank. It moved, and was facing differently at that time.

It’s almost as if KK told the truth about the tote.

I admit, I'm confused as to what that has to do with Kelsey's murder trial, yet her blood splattered all over her condo isn't relevant in this case?
Has LE testified her blood was splattered all over her condo? Chemicals would have picked that up if so.

JMO

Fun fact:

PF’s “alibi notes” say that he tended to his animals, and arrived at Thanksgiving dinner at around 4:30.

Even if one were to ignore the 11 times he is caught on camera at Kelsey’s house, he still was caught on surveillance at approximately 4:30, driving past the furniture store near Kelsey’s house.

Which is many miles from where he said he was, and still 25 minutes away from the Ranch.

Another fun fact: The defense doesn’t dispute that it’s his vehicle, nor do they dispute that he was driving.

I also don't think they disputed that the Patrick look-alike at the condo was wearing the exact clothes that Patrick wore to Walmart, even down to the stripes on his l'il shoes.

Maybe you are 100% correct and I am totally wrong. I don't believe a word out of this snake's mouth, so it is hard for me to accept his story.

If I am wrong I will gladly eat some crow. I am sure you will remind me if Doss testifies that it was all true what he said to his brother. ;)
The word wasn't out of PF's mouth, it was testimony by his brother. Did the brother say he thought it was a lie? If he did, I missed it. It is difficult following a trial that is only via tweet.

Please link it. Thanks.

JMO

Fun fact:

And that tote that was caught on surveillance at the bank. It moved, and was facing differently at that time.

It’s almost as if KK told the truth about the tote.
Correct me if I misunderstood. But I thought I read, that after the investigator discussed the alibi note, and other evidence, there was ' no cross examination at this time.'

Is that right?

The word wasn't out of PF's mouth, it was testimony by his brother. Did the brother say he thought it was a lie? If he did, I missed it. It is difficult following a trial that is only via tweet.

Please link it. Thanks.

JMO
It was out of PF's mouth, to his brother.

The brother did not say he thought it was a lie. I am the one who thinks he is a lying liar. Maybe I am wrong. We will have to wait and see.

Correct me if I misunderstood. But I thought I read, that after the investigator discussed the alibi note, and other evidence, there was ' no cross examination at this time.'

Is that right?

Sounds right to me. I just read the characterization of it, but that would be the same thing.

We know the defense isn’t shy about going after prosecution witnesses, so them not asking is akin to saying “we don’t dispute that.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWilkie1985