GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
Vicente Arenas on Twitter
EXCLUSIVE: Frazee Trial Witness CONCERNED after hit list surfaces in Teller County Murder Trial. Testimony: Patrick Frazee solicited hits on witness trying to prove he murdered his fiancee #KelseyBerreth. Frazee was found guilty. @KDVR @channel2kwgn
EJxsJSGX0AA6f1n.jpg

5:37 PM - 19 Nov 2019

I never know what to click on with these tweet cites.

Can someone please tell me...how did we find out PF poured gasoline in the tote? And...how did we find out he made a cr@ppy comment about women who get there nails done?

Hookers seem to be an ongoing theme with PF and SF.o_O
KK testified that PF poured gasoline into the tote.

Frazee trial: Kenney testifies, details murder cleanup

I just heard the nails comment for the first time last night on Sam's FB Live and am not sure who actually said it. KB's uncle? @Seattle1 or @MassGuy, do you know?

GUILTY - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #68

MOO

KK testified that PF poured gasoline into the tote.

Frazee trial: Kenney testifies, details murder cleanup

I just heard the nails comment for the first time last night on Sam's FB Live and am not sure who actually said it. KB's uncle? @Seattle1 or @MassGuy, do you know?

GUILTY - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #68

MOO

Got it:

Kimberly Morin, Berreth’s aunt,
took to the stand next. She said she remembers how Berreth could fit perfectly under her arm when they hugged.

She also recalled that at her daughter’s wedding, Berreth came alone without Frazee and they laughed and smiled the whole time. She said Berreth told her that Frazee said she couldn’t get her nails done for the wedding because “only *advertiser censored*” do so.

Patrick Frazee found guilty of murdering Kelsey Berreth

Got it:

Kimberly Morin, Berreth’s aunt,
took to the stand next. She said she remembers how Berreth could fit perfectly under her arm when they hugged.

She also recalled that at her daughter’s wedding, Berreth came alone without Frazee and they laughed and smiled the whole time. She said Berreth told her that Frazee said she couldn’t get her nails done for the wedding because “only *advertiser censored*” do so.

Patrick Frazee found guilty of murdering Kelsey Berreth
Ah! Thank you! MOO

Sam’s Facebook Live Q&A:

Would love to interview a juror, and we’ll have to see. Obvious safety concerns.

You can tell Sam doesn’t think PF will reveal where Kelsey is. You never know, he might find religion (no way IMO).

Tote didn’t have wheels.

Doesn’t know when we’ll see the discovery documents. Probably after KK is sentenced.

Sam didn’t know if KK would be believable, but he thought she was very believable. What she said aligned with the evidence.

Sam would absolutely ask PF for an interview, but doesn’t think PF would agree.

Sam’s not sure, but could imagine a suit against KK to prevent her from making any money off of this.

The Berreths are very private, which Sam gets. Cheryl’s impact statement was powerful.

As much as the media doesn’t like it, the sheriff took PF’s security very seriously. Would have liked to have captured video after he was convicted.

Sam thinks journalists are at risk of PTSD over this case. He spoke about it in more in a general sense. But it’s not the same as law enforcement, firefighters, nurses, and military.

For Sam, he has tried to separate non work life and work life. It’s been difficult. You’re meeting people on their worst day.

Sam couldn’t believe what he heard at the preliminary. He had no idea it was as gruesome as it was revealed to be.

He asked to stay on the case, and he wanted the same person to cover it for the duration.

It’s clear the case consumed his life. He brought it home with him.

It became a lot more real when KK took the stand. Thanksgiving will be different this year.

Trial was not recorded, so we won’t see that in discovery. He’s complaining about the price of transcripts again. Thousands of dollars for a day, but he thinks someone will end up doing that.

Cross of KK was sharp, and lasted about an hour.

They are taking the hit notes very seriously, and measures were taken to protect them.

Doesn’t know how PF’s father died, but there is no obituary anywhere. No one really knows the answer (that Sam has talked to). They’re looking into it though.

How Sam feels about the verdict: Tried to keep a neutral stance on everything. He hopes that was conveyed. They didn’t want to convict him in their coverage.

Cell phone records were the most damning thing they had.

He’s not surprised by the verdict. Adding in the jailhouse letters was the last piece.

If he was on the jury, he thinks he would have found PF guilty as well.

Great guy. He’s like the old school reporters when they had more class.

BBM
Is this suspicious at this point?
And thank you MG, for posting all of this.

You know, this no-obituary thing for Pa Frazee doesn't bother me as much as it does others.

In my town the only way an obituary gets into the newspaper is if a funeral home places it
(the fact that we barely have the remnants of a local newspaper any more notwithstanding).

If the family has a body picked up by a crematorium and just gets a box of ashes, nothing is made public.

If a body is donated to science, same thing...Ashes returned to family (if requested) and no obituary unless a memorial service is contracted through a funeral home.

Of course, I don't know how that works in other places.

Great guy. He’s like the old school reporters when they had more class.
He's so earnest and genuine - you can see he is so thoughtful in his approach, has a moral compass, and tries to weigh getting all the information out with his own principles. Really neat to see how he approached this case and how important it was to him to cover it in the "right" way.

NOV 19, 2019
What spectators thought while watching the Patrick Frazee trial - KRDO
[...]

In the galley inside the Teller County Courthouse, some of Berreth's family always sat front row. Directly behind them were the members of the public who took days off work to watch.

Dawn Siep was one of those who watched as Krystal Lee, Frazee's accomplice and ex-girlfriend, took the stand.

"I believe her. Do I feel sorry for her? No, she could have saved Kelsey but I believe her story," Siep said.

[...]

In the two weeks Frazee sat at the defense table, his expression rarely changed. When the guilty verdict was read, his shoulders were hunched, but his stone-face stayed the same.

Beth Reed, another prosecutor on the team said she believes Frazee had, "an inability to feel empathy with other people. I've never seen him be anything but the emotionless state he's demonstrated in this trial."

Siep noticed the same thing.

"He has no concern for other human life," she said.

[...]

Wish they could incarcerate PF far away from ma F.
Like, Maine or Florida.... (Sorry for the residents who live there )

Just thinking of a distance great enough that she can't visit her precious as often, and PF couldn't (possibly) hand over more paper towels with 'hit lists'.

Who knows what PF might get someone to do for him ?
I think he's still dangerous to certain people-- even as an inmate.
He has nothing to do now except be bitter and plan revenge.
Imo.

I would expect Patrick and Ma F will only meet in a room where cameras are present and will not be able to exchange anything.

My friend had a son in jail for just a drug charge and she couldn't even take in a bag of chips.
She had to purchase outrageously expensive snacks from a machine and have them handed to him.

IIRC they could exchange hugs at the beginning and end of each visit but that was it.

I can't see Patrick being able to hand Ma F a hit list and his calls will all be recorded. Looks like he's going to have to try and trade Whoizzit's off-brand Cheetos for any future hits.

And think about this...his mother is going to die and be buried and he'll be sitting in a cell.
He may be too hard and cold to care but maybe he will suffer. Let us hope!

Last edited:
In this video, CC was interviewed by Nikki Battiste, CBS.

He says, "I'm not saying that I don't think Kelsey's dead. I just don't see it happening like it was laid out."

CBS This Morning on Twitter (Video)
A Colorado man will spend the rest of his life behind bars for murdering his fiancée. A jury convicted Patrick Frazee after deliberating for just three and a half hours. A judge sentenced Frazee for beating Kelsey Berreth to death with a baseball bat nearly a year ago.
7:15 AM - 19 Nov 2019

You know, this no-obituary thing for Pa Frazee doesn't bother me as much as it does others.

In my town the only way an obituary gets into the newspaper is if a funeral home places it
(the fact that we barely have the remnants of a local newspaper any more notwithstanding).

If the family has a body picked up by a crematorium and just gets a box of ashes, nothing is made public.

If a body is donated to science, same thing...Ashes returned to family (if requested) and no obituary unless a memorial service is contracted through a funeral home.

Of course, I don't know how that works in other places.
Newspapers charge money for obituaries over 50 words here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouTanner