CO CO - Kelsie Schelling, 21, pregnant, Pueblo, 4 Feb 2013 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rules Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.

Paraphrasing is okay.
Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
Paraphrasing is okay.
***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

I hope he never sees the light of day. I wonder if they'll use Kelsey being missing while holding him
If they can't find Kelsii's body, then hopefully they can keep both brothers locked up for a good long time on other charges.
I do hope they find Kelsie's body without having to cut a deal.

I hope they question both boys but they might just ask about the robbery. Sara Lucas, the mother of Donthe and Duschon claimed that they harassed Duschons twin sister, who has her Facebook under the name Des Shantel when she was in trouble for truency. Sara claimed they said she would be charged with murder and kidnapping trying to scare and harass her child.

Sara also admitted to failing a lie detector test. She doesn't sound or look like she's doing too well. Hopefully what they did and have to keep secret is taking its toll.

Here are the links to the two interviews, a concerned citizen conducted with Sara. They stood outside her house and protested in the street until she finally came out and spoke. The 2nd interview is more telling imo.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m86lV7G9YlM

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SkgsjFrCEXk

Went to edit my reply, it deleted when I touched the tablet glass

Horrible sound quality. Hard to hear some of what she said. I'm part way thru the 2nd one.

Does she get asked about picking him up at Walmart?

Went to edit my reply, it deleted when I touched the tablet glass

Horrible sound quality. Hard to hear some of what she said. I'm part way thru the 2nd one.

Does she get asked about picking him up at Walmart?

What she said is they told her she scored a failure of 8 when asked if she knows where Kelsie is. She said she doesn't know if they're telling the truth. I wonder if it can be ordered via freedom of info act?

I really hate her use of the N Word in video one.

Interesting what she said that her father was a cop

Pueblo Police have announced the arrest of Donthe Lucas for the murder of his girlfriend Kelsie Schelling.

Detectives with the Pueblo Police Department and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation served the warrant to Lucas while he was already in custody on unrelated charges at the Pueblo County Detention Center.

He's facing a charge of first degree murder and will be held without bond.

All of the searches involved heavy equipment for digging and personnel with shovels. The locations were the former home of Lucas' family, a culvert near that home, a brushy area near the confluence of the Arkansas River and Fountain Creek.

http://www.koaa.com/story/36974697/donthe-lucas-arrested-for-the-murder-of-kelsie-schelling

Just saw the arrest news- so relieved for the family that at least they know he's off the streets.

Finally!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish her remains would be found and return to her family

Pueblo Police have announced the arrest of Donthe Lucas for the murder of his girlfriend Kelsie Schelling.

Detectives with the Pueblo Police Department and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation served the warrant to Lucas while he was already in custody on unrelated charges at the Pueblo County Detention Center.

All of the searches involved heavy equipment for digging and personnel with shovels. The locations were the former home of Lucas' family, a culvert near that home, a brushy area near the confluence of the Arkansas River and Fountain Creek.

http://www.koaa.com/story/36974697/donthe-lucas-arrested-for-the-murder-of-kelsie-schelling

Finally!!!! It took way too long for this to happen!

Damn.....finally. Did the brother rat on him for lesser charge in the robbery?

Here's to hoping they can now find her body...family deserves that.

Also, don't know if it's been posted but the mother (sara Lucas) was arrested today for the same robbery. Called that when they said there was a lady involved.

If this can't be posted....my bad.

Looks like entire family will be behind bars for the holidays...bummer /s

Attachments

• IMG_3214.jpg
    IMG_3214.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 102
I'm so happy that Kelsie's family may now finally have their questions answered and be able to find whatever peace is possible. It's a shame such a beautiful soul who touched many people during her short life has had her own life end with such tragedy and delay of justice. Justice delayed is not justice denied!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I had a feeling something was cooking when they arrested him. The charge just sounded like a BS one, how did they have proof of who was fighting? It sounded like the guy originally went there to buy drugs but got taken for his money.

Apparently they finally have enough circumstantial evidence to charge him without her remains. I wish Michigan LE would do the same thing with Eric Franks case. If they would go thru his electronic footprint, FB, emails and work on cell signals they may have enough to arrest his Ex's husband for his murder.

I'll never "understand" why he killed her. She recently found she was 8 weeks pregnant. It was so early, I know 3 women that ended up losing their pregnancies before 4 months along. He must have had a mean temper

Donthe Lucas arrested, held without bond in 2013 Kelsie Schelling disappearance

The case against Pueblo police and Lucas’ family was dismissed in February 2016.

Three months later, an episode on ABC’s “20/20” television news magazine sparked new interest in the mystery.

The CBI became involved in the investigation later that month, but no major developments transpired until this past April. That’s when CBI agents and Pueblo police spent two days searching the backyard of Lucas’ former home in the 5100 block of Manor Ridge Drive.

Police conducted multiple searches between April and November, but officials had given no indication prior to Friday that they had collected enough evidence to prosecute Lucas.

Rider said the first-degree murder warrant levied against Lucas is the result of accumulated evidence collected over the course of the nearly five-year investigation.

“A body has not been found and that’s still part of the active investigation, because we do want to recover Ms. Schelling, so we’ll continue to do searches in the future as new information comes in,” Rider said.

“This has been an active investigation for several years now, and it’s just got to the point where the prosecution felt there’s probable cause to suggest the arrest could be made and they can move forward with the case,” said Rider..

Kelsie Schelling's mother reacts to Donthe Lucas' arrest

"We fought really hard for almost five years now. It's overwhelming," Saxton said. "We know we have a really really long road ahead of us, and it's not going to be any easier going forward."

"It's frustrating it took as long as it did for that to happen, but it happened and that's what matters," Saxton said. "We're very grateful for the resources and the intensive investigation that has taken place finally."

.... Despite Lucas' arrest, Saxton said she is still going to look for her daughter and that finding her was still her main priority. Police said they have still not found her body, despite a series of recent searches.

"I just hope that someone now will have a heart and come forward. I don't know if there was any fear based in the reason they wouldn't come forward prior to this. Hopefully today would make them feel more comfortable in coming forward with information to help us out," Saxton said.

Saxton said her family will still offer a $50,000 reward for her location.

She said she was thankful for the recent efforts to find her daughter from Pueblo Police and the Colroado Bureau of Investigation (CBI). She and her husband had previously filed a federal lawsuit alleging Pueblo police deliberately interfered with their right to file a wrongful death lawsuit and destroyed important evidence.

A federal judge threw out that lawsuit in Feb. 2016....
"Obviously this got off to a very rocky start in the beginning," Saxton said. "But now that we've gotten the involvement of CBI and basically all new people over Kelsie's case, the Pueblo Police department made a total 180 in how it was handled."

At last. For reasons I don't understand it looked like someone was going to get away with murder. I hope further arrests follow as it seems clear more than one person was involved. What a terrible struggle Kelsie's parents have had to get justice, on top of the tragedy of losing their daughter, well done to them but they should never have had to fight like this.

Finally an arrest of the person most all of us thought was the perp.

Thank goodness CBI stepped in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member