GUILTY CO - Kenia Monge, 19, Denver, 31 March 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping for Kenia. The story airs tonight on Dateline.

That was a very emotional episode. Kenia was very loving and beautiful. What a tragic loss. Thank goodness for her family, who would not let her case die. :rose:

I must say, Tony Lee is the shining example of what a true man, husband and father (step or not) should be. In this day and age where many stepfathers/boyfriends of the mom get a bad rap (some well-deserved), I would like the world to recognize what a hero he is.

And Lydia. My goodness, she has the heart of an angel. What an inspiration she is. Take that, TRAVIS. You didn't kill her spirit.

I miased the end of the program...did Lydia survive and make a full recovery? (or will?)

TIA...

Surfie, I too was more than amazed at Tony!! What an amazing man. I came to post and you took the words right out of my mouth. I cannot say enough about him as a father and as a person. He only knew Kenia for a short part of her life; and his all abiding love was so evident for those that followed this case. I knew how tenacious he was before this show; but I didn't realize everything. He is a prime example of pure love.

I miased the end of the program...did Lydia survive and make a full recovery? (or will?)

TIA...

She is trying. She still has a hard time with actually speaking but she articulates haerself wonderfully. It just takes a bit of time for her to get the words out correctly.

Tony, Kenia's stepfather writes:

We got a call today from a show called True Crimes with Aphrodite Jones, they are sending a crew out this weekend to do the story...WOW...we are still amazed at the interest this story brings...we sit down with Aphrodite next Tuesday.

I still think that there are more victims out there! I honestly hope that someone somewhere can connect the dots.

I still think that there are more victims out there! I honestly hope that someone somewhere can connect the dots.

I've always always thought Amy Ahonen was one of his victims. Also, Tony wrote that the ex-girlfriend who helped and lied for him has been convicted. Here's a link about it:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31318454/detail.html

The lie focused on whether Forbes spent the night with Humphrey after giving Monge a ride the night she disappeared, according to the interrogation video.

On the video, Forbes said he was with Humphrey that night and the detective said the ex-girlfriend initially supported his claim.

But later in the interrogation, the detective makes it clear Humphrey's story changed about Forbes spending the night with her.

"She said you were never there," the detective said in the video.

She is going to be sentenced tomorrow, and Tony and Maria will be there to speak.

Kerry Humphrey pleads guilty to lying for Travis Forbes, Kenia Monge's murderer

Forbes pleaded guilty shortly thereafter -- but it wasn't until this week that his girlfriend, Kerry Humphrey, did likewise, admitting that she lied to give him an alibi.

An affidavit for Humphrey's arrest, on view below, offers the details for her falsehoods, and many of Forbes's.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestwor...ey_lying_travis_forbes_kenia_monge_murder.php

Kerry Humphrey, 24, admitted to lying about Forbes' whereabouts the night Kenia went missing and cut a deal with prosecutors.

She was sentenced Wednesday for attempt to influence a public servant, false reporting to authorities, and perjury in the second degree.

The judge sentenced her to 60 days in county jail and four years of supervised probation. She was also ordered to complete 2,000 hours of community service and seek mental-health counseling.

"They should've thrown the book at her. I really do believe that," Tony Lee, said. "I have to accept the judgment of the court. Even though I'm unhappy with the sentence, I believe in the system."

And here's where we find out what an absolute sociopath Travis is:

They met in late December 2010, before Forbes' met Monge in April 2011 and attacked Tillman in July of that year.

In December and early 2011, they were just Travis and Kerry, and they were in love.

"[He was] very generous," Humphrey said. "He was always about random acts of kindness, if you will, and he showed those things to me. I remember vividly when one day during that winter, we were walking down the street ,and the street was all lit up. It was snowing with these big fat flakes of snow, we were just walking back to my apartment. [We] happened to pass by some older woman who seemed down on her luck, and he whisked off his scarf and gave it to her. Without even thinking about it. I was very taken aback [and thought] 'Wow, this guy seems like a very good guy.'"

Over the holidays, Humphrey went home to New Mexico, and gushed about her new boyfriend to her family. Forbes stayed in Denver.

Humphrey was in the middle of her bachelor's degree for business management. She says she helped Forbes with his business, and they made plans together.

"He came to me he was looking for advice so I was helping him in certain ways in developing his business," she said. "We had made all these future plans developing this business, I thought they were going really well."

Forbes made granola bars and later used that bakery to store Monge's body in a cooler.

Much more (and video interview with Tony) at link: http://www.9news.com/news/local/article/288863/222/Forbes-ex-girlfriend-sentenced-admits-to-lying

Oh, hang on here, I'm going to ask Tony....was this the same girl who lent her vehicle to him so he could take off to Texas?

I'll be back with the answer.

Not her, but she was in court. Apparently a friend of the one being sentenced. Lovely. :banghead:

Per Tony:

This show is scheduled to be aired on Monday Dec 3rd at 7pm MST on the BIO Network, Channel 275 comcast locally, we did not even know this, a commercial came on last night and my kids saw it and they showed an actor that is playing me and they told me that he is some younger handsome black guy that didn’t even look like me, I think I’m offended.

DEADLY ALIBI: KERRY HUMPHREY/KILLER GOOD LOOKS
When beautiful 19-year-old Kenia Monge goes missing after an innocent night on the town with girlfriends, her father is determined to find the truth as the Denver authorities work tirelessly for justice. Multiple suspects surface when Kenia's last steps from that fateful night are retraced through surveillance videos and first hand accounts. Alibis and accusations multiply as investigation close in on the murderer and the...

Upcoming Airings
December 3 9:00 PM EST

PS, he's joking about the being offended part. He's a really funny guy. :)

He was probably offended that his kids said the guy was younger and more handsome. :)

I watched Deadly Alibi: Kerry Humphrey / Killer Good Looks on the Biography channel last night. There is a bunch of new evidence revealed plus the course of the investigation from start to finish. It really does reinforce what most of us know, LE tends to have a LOT more evidence than they reveal to the public. I was in tears for Tony and Maria - what they went through...just awful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back