GUILTY CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone know if there are any facebook groups for Kaiya? I looked and could find one/any. Thanks

You're misspelling it. I believe. Try typing ''Kiaya' instead. I'm not on any FB crime sites, except for Nancy Grace, because of the rampant rumors and arguing...but each his own. :)

Teen accused of killing Kiaya Campbell faces October hearing

A judge has postponed a hearing to decide whether a 15-year-old boy will be tried in adult court in the death of 10-year-old Kiaya Campbell.

A week-long hearing was scheduled to begin Oct. 30 in Adams County. A preliminary hearing during the same hearing will determine whether there is sufficient evidence to warrant a trial.

[....]

Jessica Meza, his attorney, asked for a delay of four months to give her time to prepare for the hearing.

“Considering he is only 15 and is facing life in prison we need to be prepared,” Meza said. “This is an ongoing investigation. We need the testimony from various experts. It’s going to be a lengthy hearing.”

[....]

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/30/kiaya-campbell-murder-hearing-postponed/

Teen accused of killing Kiaya Campbell faces October hearing

A judge has postponed a hearing to decide whether a 15-year-old boy will be tried in adult court in the death of 10-year-old Kiaya Campbell.

A week-long hearing was scheduled to begin Oct. 30 in Adams County. A preliminary hearing during the same hearing will determine whether there is sufficient evidence to warrant a trial.

[....]

Jessica Meza, his attorney, asked for a delay of four months to give her time to prepare for the hearing.

“Considering he is only 15 and is facing life in prison we need to be prepared,” Meza said. “This is an ongoing investigation. We need the testimony from various experts. It’s going to be a lengthy hearing.”

[....]

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/30/kiaya-campbell-murder-hearing-postponed/

Sounds like it could be delayed 4 months, give it take. Depends on how the judge rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He's 21 now and no longer lives at home and my husband and I are still in regular contact with him and have spent the last few years repairing our hearts and minds and our relationship. We did the best we could with what we had and although our best was not always good enough, we all managed to survive and now my son is, by most of not all standards, a productive member of society.

I love him with my whole heart and did what I could to train him to behave like a "normal" person but he will never feel empathy or love. That breaks my heart but we will continue trying to help him at least until he's 27, which is when current science says his brain will no longer be able to make the synapse connections needed to be a "whole" person.

Sometimes things just happen, you know? My child was never neglected or abused. He never went hungry or without medical care. He was raised in a loving and supportive home and had extended family who loved and supported him as well. He was never poor or homeless or mistreated. We were never drug addicts or alcoholics. Nothing happened when he was in-utero that might have damaged him. He was born this way for reasons that we will probably won't be privy to, at least not in my lifetime. We were all studied by trailblazers in the field and no one knows why this happened.

I will not judge AZ's parents because I know that some people are simply born with their wires crossed or misplaced. I don't care how many times social services were called out to the house because there's nothing they could have done anyway, just like the numerous times they and LE were called to my house. Much like with domestic abuse restraining orders, there's not much anybody can do until the person commits an actual crime. And not just *any* crime but a *violent* crime. Against a person. And Colorado is also special because the age of consent for psychological treatment in any form is 15.

I honestly don't even care WHY AZ did this. But if those investigators are 100% certain that this child was murdered by this boy, and he alone is responsible for her actual pain and misery in those final moments, and if what LE and MSM have reported regarding the type of death KC experienced is absolutely true, beyond the shadow of a doubt, I hope AZ never again sees the light of day. I don't need him to be put to death. I don't need him to be in solitary. But I need him to be locked up in a tiny cage for the rest of his life.

I personally know the sacrifices that are required to raise a child like this and I know that I was awfully privileged to be able to have those choices to make. Not every mother gets to stay home from work for years. Not every mother can stay at middle or high school with their child to ensure he is where he is supposed to be. Not every mother has the loving support of a spouse who commits to making necessary sacrifices to enable one parent to always be available to handle whatever screwed up thing the child does that day. And not every mother can look her child in the eye when he tells her he is going to kill her and stare back at him without flinching or blinking and then fight with hospitals and insurance companies about who's going to pay for what and who's going to take responsibility for the child when he hurts someone or an animal or whatever happens *this* time when they release him to soon. And not every mother has her local police chief's cell phone number to call in case of imminent threat of loss of life.

I could tell you some horror stories. I could show you financial records that would make you weep. I could show you arrest records, juvie court records, my personal therapy bills ALONE would make your head spin! I have literally not slept in 20 years. I still do not sleep. 2 or 3 hours here or there when my body just can't stay awake for another second. I feel 20 years older than I am and I bet I look at *least* that much older.

But we survived. We got through it. Why did we get through it and some of these other families didn't? I don't really know. I am still heartbroken over the cat we lost about 4-5 years ago. She was poisoned. I cannot imagine how these parents survive losing a child.

Both families are irrevocably damaged. I don't know how they get through this. I don't know how KC's mom ever gets out of bed again. I don't know how KC's dad ever forgives himself for, in his mind, allowing this to happen. I have always been so focused on never becoming AZ's mother that I have not had the time or energy to make sure I never became KC's.

So if you have questions about what it's like to live with a child psychopath, feel free to ask. You can ask here or send me a direct message. I might answer, I might not. But I won't lie. I'll tell you what my experiences were. My experiences might be completely different from the players in this story so I won't try to speak for any of them. But I might have some perspective on some of your more speculatory thoughts and ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for sharing your story and educating us further about some of our children who are 'different'. My heart sincerely goes out to you and your family including your son and I hope that life settles down for you all to a point of having some normalcy ( whatever that looks like ). Can I ask and as you said you may not wish to answer and I respect that, but at what age did it start to present itself in your son and what were the signs and symptoms? I ask because my son too is displaying some behaviour traits that are different and he's not yet 10. TIA

Angleterre, thank you for reposting this from Serenity Springs. I think it is one of the most touching and helpful posts I have ever read, and well worth reading over and over again.

I'm catching up here, so forgive if this question is answered in a post I haven't read yet.

IF the 15 y/o did commit the murder:
What did the 15-y/o look like when he returned home? Did he change clothes before he saw the family? Did he discard his clothes -- take a shower -- say he was wet from the storm/rain, etc.? I'm assuming he or his clothing may have had traces of blood, dirt, mud, etc.

Suspects Dad is definitely over the top.

As a Christian, if the suspect were my child, I would be devastated. Yes, I would call on God, but quietly in prayer. I would pray that my child would find God, repent his sins and spend the rest of his life (even if he were behind bars) serving the Lord in whatever capacity possible.

Dad walking around with a Bible, preaching to everyone will not save his son. JMO IMO Hope I didn't step on any toes by stating my religious beliefs. I respect all people and their individual beliefs.

Thanks, razzle -- I, too, am a Christian (I'm trying hard every day!), and certainly everyone should be free and allowed to practice his/her religion without fear or judgement, as long as he/she is law-abiding, etc. -- or to choose not to practice a religion. But I do wonder if Z's household might have seemed adamant or insistent or possibly overwhelming to Z -- young people are trying to find their own way, sexuality is now part of their thoughts, and maybe this young man may have had some type of bottled-up rage -- perhaps there may have been a lot of talk about boy/girl relationships and sinfulness. Dunno. Just thinking aloud.

Angleterre, thank you for reposting this from Serenity Springs. I think it is one of the most touching and helpful posts I have ever read, and well worth reading over and over again.

Agreed. I think about this post often, since I first read it.

it would not not surprise me if the judge is irate that the name is being published. It is also in the video at this site, saying "because he was named in court" http://www.9news.com/news/crime/tee...ree-murder-in-kiaya-campbells-death/449027438

Before we get too intense with sleuthing, I suggest we ask for mod approval.

From the article linked above:

An investigation like this happens when human services becomes aware of what the state calls "an egregious incident of abuse," neglect, near fatality or fatality involving a child. In Campbell case, she was already known to social services before her death.

9NEWS is looking into the extent social services was involved in her life.

This is disturbing and sad to me. Did she have special needs? Could she have had a difficult time at school with her parents' separation?
Is this routine in Colorado?
(I hope these questions are okay...)

I couldn't recall, but wasn't Sigg's photos also used in MSM during the Jessica Ridgway case? TIA
I'm not sure, either, but I think his name & pic were out there fairly early on in that case.

I don't think he has been charged as an adult, at least not according to the few articles over the last 24 hours that I have seen. Like this one:

[DA] Young did not name the boy because he is a juvenile, but Adams County District Judge Priscilla Loew identified him as the son of Kiaya's father's girlfriend when she cleared the courtroom of everyone but family.
After the brief hearing, Young said, "I've informed the court that I want it charged in adult court."
A hearing on June 30 will determine whether the boy will be released on bond and whether he will be tried in adult court, Young said. A preliminary hearing is also scheduled at the same time.

http://www.fortmorgantimes.com/ci_31064450/15-year-old-suspect-charged-two-murder-counts

The bolded (by me) portion makes me think the press overstepped .... if the court was cleared to only family of both victim and perpetrator.

bbm

You posted my thoughts before I could! I think a reporter may have jumped the gun. Also, it seems to me, we have seen this before in the MSM.

bbm

You posted my thoughts before I could! I think a reporter may have jumped the gun. Also, it seems to me, we have seen this before in the MSM.

I disagree. If the judge isn't smart enough to say "anyone who is not immediate family, or a legal representative of CASE# BLAH BLAH BLAH" instead of saying "anyone related to {insert defendant name}", then the judge is an idiot and needs to attend a CLE on confidentiality. Information was obtained in an open court, so fair game.

Autopsy reveals details in murder of Thornton girl

A 10-year-old girl found dead in a Thornton greenbelt in June was beaten to death, 9Wants to Know has learned.

Kiaya Campbell, who had been reported missing the night before her body was discovered on June 8, suffered multiple blunt force injuries to the head – some of which caused skull fractures – as well as wounds to several fingers, according to an autopsy report.

[...]

http://www.9news.com/news/crime/aut...a9d&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Autopsy reveals details in murder of Thornton girl

A 10-year-old girl found dead in a Thornton greenbelt in June was beaten to death, 9Wants to Know has learned.

Kiaya Campbell, who had been reported missing the night before her body was discovered on June 8, suffered multiple blunt force injuries to the head – some of which caused skull fractures – as well as wounds to several fingers, according to an autopsy report.

[...]

http://www.9news.com/news/crime/aut...a9d&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Sounds like an extremely ANGRY attack. Poor thing.

Sounds like an extremely ANGRY attack. Poor thing.

The wounds to her fingers may be from her protecting her head from the blows. This is another sick one, folks, IMO.
SMH.

The wounds to her fingers may be from her protecting her head from the blows. This is another sick one, folks, IMO.
SMH.

I agree, defensive wounds to the hands. Do we know if the accused mother is still with the victims father? I'm guessing no.
MOO

I too hope Kiaya and her family get some justice. Poor kiddo - she deserved to grow up and live her life not be murdered - for any reason. From what I have read Kiaya was a bit of a sweetheart and I'm sure her loss has been felt sorely over Christmas by friends and family. Sending my thoughts their way x

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back